• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

zumphry

Banned
The 4 teams of 3 in Multiteam gets me hyped up about the possible reintroduction of 4-way flag games like the ones on Warlock and Foundation in Halo 2. Maybe Bungie will finally release that Warlock forge remake they showed in the ForgeWorld ViDoc...or get a better one from the community to put into both Multi Team and the Classic playlist.

Or I'm just doing random wishing out loud due to lack of sleep. :s

ZayneH said:
The 4 teams of 3 in Multiteam gets me hyped up about the possible reintroduction of 4-way flag games like the ones on Warlock and Foundation in Halo 2. Maybe Bungie will finally release that Warlock forge remake they showed in the ForgeWorld ViDoc...or get a better one from the community to put into both Multi Team and the Classic playlist.

Or I'm just doing random wishing out loud due to lack of sleep. :s
Foundation instantly sprang to my mind too, don't worry ;)

feel

Odd new gamertag in some of your friend lists is me, don't delete me dudes! (unless you've been looking for an excuse, then sure, go ahead it's ok)

GhaleonEB said:
General feedback but nothing specific to kick back to you. Reception has been positive.

Actually, I take that back. There was a question about the railings along the edges in the corners of the map. There's a ramp in all four corners up to the platform, and a railing along the edge. On three of the corners, you can crouch jump over the railings. On one, you can't. Were they intended to be jump-able? I noticed they were sunk down two clicks, which I assume was to facilitate the jump. All four are at the same height, so I can't quite figure why they're not all clearable.

Here's a shot of the area I'm talking about.

Hmm.. I followed the co-ordinates system so that they'd all be jumpable.

Erm...I could raise them all so they can't be jumped?

Striker

Interesting created Invasion map, Unbroken Sovereignty Unsure how it plays, but was watching some Reach videos on Youtube and saw this in the related category.

f35o4j.jpg

Invasion would be better suited with more map variety, as would BTB to be honest. Bungie's lack of creativity has killed Spire or Boneyard to be anywhere near expectations for any non-Invasion game modes.

That said, been playing more Objective lately. Anybody wants to join feel free. Would welcome two more as the share of morons online can only frustrate me so much.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
So is the matchmaking update no up yet? Doesn't look like it. Or did I misread the last update and nothing's happening today?
None of the updates are up this early, IIRC. They're typically up in the AM Pacific time.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ran a party of 4 in MLG last night, I wasn't playing too great but I was having fun. I miss having a team :(

NOKYARD

Sikamikanico said:
Hmm.. I followed the co-ordinates system so that they'd all be jumpable.

Erm...I could raise them all so they can't be jumped?
Good solution. One of the CC's mentioned he favoured the higher walls of an earlier version as you are way too exposed with lower walls. Higher walls would force attackers to be right in your face while attacking, and not be able to get a few shots in while climbing the ramp.

I believe the 4th wall is different because the incline may be different from the other 3. I've learned to not touch inclines when i help other's with their maps.

Gui_PT

Tashi0106 said:
Ran a party of 4 in MLG last night, I wasn't playing too great but I was having fun. I miss having a team :(

Well maybe if you didn't think you're cool enough to turn down offers to play with people.

Yeah, I went there, so wut?

Yes, I am kidding

Hey You

Dax01 said:
So is the matchmaking update no up yet? Doesn't look like it. Or did I misread the last update and nothing's happening today?
Bungie usually deploys updates between 10am PST and Noon.

Pete Rock

GhaleonEB said:
Though I don't think that will benefit people that post as you do.
Because you know intrinsically what informs my opinions about this ridiculous nonsense, obviously.

ZayneH said:
The 4 teams of 3 in Multiteam gets me hyped up about the possible reintroduction of 4-way flag games like the ones on Warlock and Foundation in Halo 2.
Aside from the mention of looking for 4-way maps in the quoted text, I see no mention of this which would have been the obvious setup for multiteam to begin with. The fact that it has taken this long to happen is stupid.

The fact that it has taken this long to put Race/Rally/Whatever into its own hopper is awful. The fact that it will be removed from MT before having its own area is stupid and awful.

The fact that they pulled similar shenanigans with the RR population in Halo 3 makes it typical of Bungle.

Nothing bitter there, just the facts, ma'am.

GhaleonEB

Pete Rock said:
Because you know intrinsically what informs my opinions about this ridiculous nonsense, obviously.
No, I was talking about how added context for why playlist changes are made will help the community have more informed debates about the changes, instead of being left to wonder why the changes were made. But people who post stuff like, "Typical Bungle, stupid and awful," probably aren't interested in such conversation.

Pete Rock

GhaleonEB said:
No, I was talking about how added context for why playlist changes are made will help the community have more informed debates about the changes, instead of being left to wonder why the changes were made.
A more informed debate about what, the changes to the broken format that shouldn't have been shipped because it was an obvious clusterfuck to begin with? The idea that 4 team multiflag games are obviously fun? What? My statements were made in the context of the historical treatment of RR and the consistently extraneous circumstances that require its removal, as well as the obvious flaws to the MT format which as stated did not support anything well aside from RR. Of course these changes make sense, but the way in which they go about them is, as squidhands said, a slap in the face to any fan of the gametype.

But people who post stuff like, "Typical Bungle, stupid and awful," probably aren't interested in such conversation.
If that's the type of "conversation" to have in response to such ridiculous nonsense, than yeah, I don't care to have it.

Bregmann Roche said:
It appears you bought Reach with the expectation that you were getting an HD version of Mario Kart.

I'm sorry but it looks like that dream has died.
Bregmann Roche

Did you just step out of the Optimatch cesspool circa 2007, or do you legitimately think this is relevant? Atrocious

Gui_PT

I am not a fan of the MT changes.

I would like to believe in the choices Bungie folks make for the playlists but they've proven us over and over again that doing so will just end in disappointment.

Hopefully 4 teams of 3 won't completely ruin the playlist. Won't be long 'til we find out anyway.

Edit: But to be fair, these latest changes do seem awesome though

vhfive

nah dude roche is right

Only you and about a hundred other people give a shit about race in halo. most people play Halo because it's a shooter not a racing game. If you want to race go pick up hot pursuit or something.

vhfive said:
nah dude roche is right

Only you and about a hundred other people give a shit about race in halo. most people play Halo because it's a shooter not a racing game. If you want to race go pick up hot pursuit or something.

You could say the exact same thing about Grifball.

While I dont care much about Race, I think its been developed enough that it deserves its own playlist. I just dont see what the problem with that is?

Splitting the population up isnt desirable, but I think it would please a small hardcore group of Race fans, whilst giving the general population somewhere to play on the odd occasion. I personally want to give the Hog varient a go, but doubt I would play it too much.

Pete Rock said:
Bregmann Roche

Did you just step out of the Optimatch cesspool circa 2007, or do you legitimately think this is relevant? Atrocious

Hey man, I feel your pain. My favorite thing about Halo was rolling around in a warthog in Social Slayer shooting/splattering dudes and that just isn't happening in Reach. I've moved on and you should too.

vhfive said:
nah dude roche is right

THis is sth. that makes the Halo 3/Reach multiplayer experience to sth. unique. The variety of gametypes. I love the vehicle control in Reach/ 3. And when I do not want to play TS/TO/DLC I would really jump into the Race playlist for some rounds. But Rocket Race was/is annoying. I really had a hatred against player who voted for that shit. Come on! It isn't that fun. It is just a illusion. Give me my normal Moongose Race and we can talk about it.(with community made race tracks)

Oh I really do not know the topic right now, but I want to join the discussion

WJD said:
Last level is so fucking annoying on Legendary.
Only the Hunters and the last firefight-like battle was annoying as hell. The other stuff was okay.

WJD

Hypertrooper said:
THis is sth. that makes the Halo 3/Reach multiplayer experience to sth. unique. The variety of gametypes. I love the vehicle control in Reach/ 3. And when I do not want to play TS/TO/DLC I would really jump into the Race playlist for some rounds. But Rocket Race was/is annoying. I really had a hatred against player who voted for that shit. Come on! It isn't that fun. It is just a illusion. Give me my normal Moongose Race and we can talk about it.(with community made race tracks)

Oh I really do not know the topic right now, but I want to join the discussion

Only the Hunters and the last firefight-like battle was annoying as hell. The other stuff was okay.

I'm not even there yet. I'm at the first Wraith encounter with the fuck-load of Brutes and Jackals.

Damn I hate Brutes.

It doesn't help that Emile is the definition of useless.

WJD said:
I'm not even there yet. I'm at the first Wraith encounter with the fuck-load of Brutes and Jackals.

Damn I hate Brutes.

But he is the only Noble CPU, who died like a real Spartan? So he can't be useless!

WJD said:

Damn I hate Brutes.

You can zip past every bit of that on a Mongoose if you want, just take out the Jackal snipers first.

WJD

squidhands said:
You can zip past every bit of that on a Mongoose if you want, just take out the Jackal snipers first.

I realised that once I'd got through. Stole the Wraith instead - probably the one time AL hasn't pissed me off and has been quite useful.

Pete Rock said:

Aside from the mention of looking for 4-way maps in the quoted text, I see no mention of this which would have been the obvious setup for multiteam to begin with. The fact that it has taken this long to happen is stupid.

The fact that it has taken this long to put Race/Rally/Whatever into its own hopper is awful. The fact that it will be removed from MT before having its own area is stupid and awful.

The fact that they pulled similar shenanigans with the RR population in Halo 3 makes it typical of Bungle.
Pete Rock said:
A more informed debate about what, the changes to the broken format that shouldn't have been shipped because it was an obvious clusterfuck to begin with? The idea that 4 team multiflag games are obviously fun? What? My statements were made in the context of the historical treatment of RR and the consistently extraneous circumstances that require its removal, as well as the obvious flaws to the MT format which as stated did not support anything well aside from RR. Of course these changes make sense, but the way in which they go about them is, as squidhands said, a slap in the face to any fan of the gametype.

If that's the type of "conversation" to have in response to such ridiculous nonsense, than yeah, I don't care to have it.
Bregmann Roche

Nothing bitter there, just the facts, ma'am.
Dude, your last two posts scream bitter. Especially when you called out The Roche for being a junior member. What does that have to do with anything?

WJD

Fuck the firefight section at the end of the game. Seriously one of the worst ways to end it and it's just plain not fun. Especially on Legendary. It's a shame since the majority of the game is so good up to that point.

Gui_PT

WJD said:
Fuck the firefight section at the end of the game. Seriously one of the worst ways to end it and it's just plain not fun. Especially on Legendary. It's a shame since the majority of the game is so good up to that point.

Personally, I have no problems with the ff section. But I would prefer to have a final Hog run to deliver the package. Yeah yeah, we've had a Hog run in H1 and H3, but that'd be an awesome way to finish the game.

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
Personally, I have no problems with the ff section. But I would prefer to have a final Hog run to deliver the package. Yeah yeah, we've had a Hog run in H1 and H3, but that'd be an awesome way to finish the game.
I think they tried to mix it up in Reach and have the run be at the beginning of the level, rather than the end. And also, on a Mongoose. It's fun but somehow doesn't feel climactic.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
I think they tried to mix it up in Reach and have the run be at the beginning of the level, rather than the end. And also, on a Mongoose. It's fun but somehow doesn't feel climactic.

Yeah, I noticed the same. They didn't want to repeat the same scene for the 3rd time(which make sense) but as you said, it doesn't feel climactic at all. Especially because it only lasts a minute or so.

GhaleonEB said:
Should have been a Battle Moa.

Pete Rock

vhfive said:
Only you and about a hundred other people give a shit about race in halo. most people play Halo because it's a shooter not a racing game.
Welcome to the junior jumbler, jesus

Why remake it in Reach at all then? They knew this prior to development from the experience it had in Halo 3.

Why remove VIP & remake the mode with all these new features? Why add it to optimatch through mt and then remove it again? None of it makes any sense, all juvenile responses aside.

If you want to race go pick up hot pursuit or something.
If you want to play a real shooter buy a PC

If you want to play a real racer, buy Rfactor and a 3K set of peripherals

I can be pedantically irrelevant too, high-five

Bregmann Roche said:
I've moved on and you should too.
Anybody with half a brain never took this shit game seriously as a competitive shooter in any iteration regardless, but thanks for the suggestion.

Gui_PT said:
Yeah, I noticed the same. They didn't want to repeat the same scene for the 3rd time(which make sense) but as you said, it doesn't feel climactic at all. Especially because it only lasts a minute or so.
There are a lot of artworks, that showed a Warthog driving through a scenario, while convenant cruiser are glassing the planet. That was sth. I really had hoped to see in Reach. But I hoped too much as always.

WJD

GhaleonEB said:

Pretty much, I remember the first time I played it there was some genuine tension and sense of urgency about everything. Then from the Hunters onwards it just turns into a slog. Really disappointing end for me - Halo 3's was the best.

NOKYARD said:
Good solution. One of the CC's mentioned he favoured the higher walls of an earlier version as you are way too exposed with lower walls. Higher walls would force attackers to be right in your face while attacking, and not be able to get a few shots in while climbing the ramp.

I believe the 4th wall is different because the incline may be different from the other 3. I've learned to not touch inclines when i help other's with their maps.

Hmm...as far as I'm aware, none of them are set an incline. If they want to change it, they can. Or do they send it back with a list, and then I send it back to you? Oh, and just so you know (considering all the Multi-team changes) Kingdom is set up for 4 flag...

The new "Skirmigeddon" gametype in Score Attack is no joke, it is quite challenging. With that said, I have only played two rounds of it but OMG the Skirmishers with the Focus Rifle are very problematic.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
There are a lot of artworks, that showed a Warthog driving through a scenario, while convenant cruiser are glassing the planet. That was sth. I really had hoped to see in Reach. But I hoped too much as always.

Last mission DLC, believe

And why does Asylum Swat have such bad spawns?

Spawning me out in the open or right in front of 2 enemies is simply wrong and annoying.

Amazin86er said:
The new "Skirmigeddon" gametype in Score Attack is no joke, it is quite challenging. With that said, I have only played two rounds of it but OMG the Skirmishers with the Focus Rifle are very problematic.
Is it based on ManCannon's firefight gametype? (DAMN HaloGAF where are you crazy firefight gametype creation?)

Gui_PT said:

Spawning me out in the open or right in front of 2 enemies is simply wrong and annoying.
Bungie did something different with Reach. So we could get a singleplayer DLC. (ARGH I've wrong hopes again)

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:

Pinnacle is worse.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=448155844&player=GhaleonEB

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=448161596&player=GhaleonEB

Back to back games. The pain...

Off to romp the new Score Attack games. I really want to check out Skirmageddon.

Edit: a flyover of Uncaged: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13695565&player=TyrannoSoul

Gui_PT

Letters said:

Sometimes it doesn't =(

GhaleonEB said:

Well, Pinnacle is the worst map for swat in the bunch. Even without considering the spawns. I feel your pain.

And can't wait to try all the new game modes. They sound like a lot of fun :D

WJD

NOOOOOOOOOOO

I left at the Firefight section (fairly sure I saved and quit) and it hasn't remembered my checkpoint. I assume because I keep disconnecting from live.

fuck

Top Bottom