• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Striker

Dani said:
SMH

Saying this after a huge playlist update, one of several in the past few months. Also, this is Firefight's first serious update, after months of mostly traditional MM updates. Don't be throwing the toys out of the pram etc.
What huge playlist update? Team Slayer, BTB, Team Snipers, Team Objective, and others remain the same largely. The biggest changes were for Firefight and Multi-team.

Lazslo

Dax01 said:
I just played on the most convoluted, confusing map ever. And the spawns were bad too: Red team kept on spawning in the exact same location even though we were right on top of them.

I really liked this one map, though. Don't remember it's name. lol.
Yeah that Map was really bad- it felt so unorganized and made without any thought- however, it was still better than LaszloLand

Ramirez

Dani said:
SMH

Saying this after a huge playlist update, one of several in the past few months. Also, this is Firefight's first serious update, after months of mostly traditional MM updates. Don't be throwing the toys out of the pram etc.

Man, how much do they pay you? How can anyone defend anything when the drop shield is still in pretty much every objective gametype?

Well, I think I am going to try and get back into Reach. Tired of CoD and BC2 at the moment. Think I am going to get the map pack too.

equil

Demoncarnotaur said:
So I just had an amazing moment on Paridiso. I was driving a mongoose, my friend on the back. We jumped off the cliff toward the battle and.. well..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/cplqpictures/reach_13712117_Full.jpg

http://seventhcolumn.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=13712484&player=DemonCarnotaur

If anyone has some spare render points and doesn't mind I would appreciate it. I was in tears laughing when this happened. God, I love this game.

Since when is "seventhcolumn" part of bungie's link?

ElRenoRaven

Blueblur1 said:
I am just having a miserable night in MM. Thanks for ruining Multi-Team for me, Jeremiah.

I can't blame you for feeling like that. While I haven't played in a couple weeks due to burn out I know when I do play again I won't be playing multi-team anymore. I loved playing it with a friend of mine too.

The spawns in Carnage Factory are terrible... but not in the usual way. One 2 occasions me or my brother spawned, ran forward and fell off the map...

Multi-team isn't all too bad. 3 ball is nice. Rocket hog is a clusterfuck for sure though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:
Man, how much do they pay you? How can anyone defend anything when the drop shield is still in pretty much every objective gametype?

They don't have to pay him, he's overly invested by nature, with FUD and all.

I wonder if there will ever be an actual overhaul/TU. Fix armor lock, fix drop shield, fix black screen, fix the god damned game!

Blueblur1

PsychoRaven said:
I can't blame you for feeling like that. While I haven't played in a couple weeks due to burn out I know when I do play again I won't be playing multi-team anymore. I loved playing it with a friend of mine too.
To be honest, I was mostly upset because Multi-Team was my go-to place for completing multiplayer challenges. That and tonight was just a miserable night for me. Didn't play a single match of Elite Slayer which is ideal for completing the 'Throwing Fireballs' challenge. And sometimes, I just feel like playing as an Elite. :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ramirez said:

Dude, I hate the Drop Shield in Objective. Passionately. I can't do anything about it and now does it take away from the changes and progress made in the playlists since Reach shipped.

I'd remove the Shield in an instant if I had my way and I do not understand why it's still there.

PsychoRaven said:

What happened?

kylej

Banned
Ramirez said:

Some of these kids see people from GAF get hired and from that moment on they're on a mission to work for Bungie.

No changes to objective stuff. I guess 2,000 people playing all Arena playlists combined and 400 people in Team Objective means everything is fine.

Halo matchmaking: the more things change the more they stay the same.

Well for what it's worth, I think Bro Slayer deserves it's own playlist. Yes it still has Armor Lock and that still sucks but at least I can spawn on my Bro and back him up. Gimme some DMR starts and I would play it all the time.

Community Slayer still has a lot of crap. I swear whoever made Carnage Palace set out to make a map worse than The Cage. Speaking of The Cage, Uncaged still sucks. The entire layout is just an abortion of a map. But New Venice is amazing. Historical Site is not bad but needs DMR starts. Mining Site was great.

And Rocket Hog Race is great fun, you guys don't know wtf you're talking about. Rocket Race is not srs bsns so why not crank it up 10 notches? Shit was fun. Getting a team of 3 for Multi-Team is gonna be a bit harder but I'm glad it's not such a clusterfuck now. It's like Halo 2's Multi-Team now, so I don't see why people are having such a hard time adapting. Personally I liked Halo 3's multi-team the best but 4 teams of 3 is better than 6 teams of 2 by far.

Barrow Roll said:
Well for what it's worth, I think Bro Slayer deserves it's own playlist. Yes it still has Armor Lock and that still sucks but at least I can spawn on my Bro and back him up. Gimme some DMR starts and I would play it all the time.

Community Slayer still has a lot of crap. I swear whoever made Carnage Palace set out to make a map worse than The Cage. Speaking of The Cage, Uncaged still sucks. The entire layout is just an abortion of a map. But New Venice is amazing. Historical Site is not bad but needs DMR starts. Mining Site was great.

And Rocket Hog Race is great fun, you guys don't know wtf you're talking about. Rocket Race is not srs bsns so why not crank it up 10 notches? Shit was fun. Getting a team of 3 for Multi-Team is gonna be a bit harder but I'm glad it's not such a clusterfuck now. It's like Halo 2's Multi-Team now, so I don't see why people are having such a hard time adapting. Personally I liked Halo 3's multi-team the best but 4 teams of 3 is better than 6 teams of 2 by far.

Whoa, didn't realize they updated playlists. Gonna have to get on sometime soon.

Striker

equil said:
I'm loving Bro Slayer. Especially in big team.
Yeah, definitely enjoyed seeing and getting attacked by the opposing team as they spawn fight feet ahead or behind me. Great stuff.

BTB hasn't been improved in quite a while and would love for it to be equal among slayer and skirmsh battles. Instead it's mostly Slayer and now Bro Slayer will be a favorite choice due to its bro spawning, i.e. see a teammate get assassinated by the other team because they can view you before they spawn, and not to mention sit behind rocks to "earn" a medal from others spawning on you.

Alienshogun said:
I wonder if there will ever be an actual overhaul/TU. Fix armor lock, fix drop shield, fix black screen, fix the god damned game!
There isn't a big necessary need for a TU. Armor Lock just needs to be in specific maps or playlists. Drop Shield needs out of MP and fine for Firefight.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
That'd be funny if it wasn't true. =\
What we played tonight is an extreme example of what I play every time I go into MP lately. :(
Falagard said:
Haha, as evidenced by tonight.

Ghaleon: "That's it, I'm not playing multiplayer for a month"
I'm still traumatized by that game. You know it's bad when guys in our own party quit out to ease the pain.

Fortunately, the Firefight playlists are good enough now that I don't have to!

I was going to go back and take a film of the massacre, but I couldn't get myself to watch it again.

Paradiso...could use some tweaking.

But seriously. The Firefight playlists - unfortunately pooled lives and all (two games in a row had one dude suiciding in a corner to drain lives - here and here), rock now.

wwm0nkey

Wonder if Bungie will be removing Cougar Plaza since it was stolen and replace it with the original one by the original author.

I played FRG Attack a few minutes ago. And it was fun. Finally a gametype, where I can obtain kills for the Heavy weapon and automatic weapon commendation. I hope Bungie will implant vehicles in Score Attack, too.

Dax01 said:
I just played on the most convoluted, confusing map ever. And the spawns were bad too: Red team kept on spawning in the exact same location even though we were right on top of them.
So yeah. That map is called Carnage Palace...avoid at all cost.

wwm0nkey said:
Wonder if Bungie will be removing Cougar Plaza since it was stolen and replace it with the original one by the original author.
Probably not, or at least not until the next community update. It's pretty easy to tell if someone is the original author of a map now, and the powers that be don't seem to think it's a big deal if they put it into matchmaking. I still have the original map on my hd, and it's brilliant.

I'm loving the new firefight gametypes. 2x FF is awesome; the Assault Rifle actually has some meat to it finally. Didn't get to play much else last night, I hope to rectify that this evening.

feel

I hate Bro Slayer, got it in the 2 games of teamslayer I played yesterday on Reach. The pacing of the matches annoys me, I'd rather just spawn as soon as posible in synch with the beeps in a shithole of a corner with two grenades on my feet than dealing with that awkward mess of a slow spawn system every time I die. The generally lack of fun in the matches might be aggravating the broslayer hate though, I think I'll just wait for Classic now.

equil

GhaleonEB said:
What we played tonight is an extreme example of what I play every time I go into MP lately. :(

I'm still traumatized by that game. You know it's bad when guys in our own party quit out to ease the pain.

I was going to go back and take a film of the massacre, but I couldn't get myself to watch it again.

But seriously. The Firefight playlists - unfortunately pooled lives and all (two games in a row had one dude suiciding in a corner to drain lives - here and here), rock now.

That happened to me once on paridiso. Luckily it was near the end of the game.
Spawning just to be killed by a banshee bomb or a tank the instant you see light, sucks.

GhaleonEB said:

Crap. They had an Eclipse on their team? That's ridiculous.

Ughh please tell me that Dmiller with the Bungie logo isn't his only account. Someone who helped make this game CANNOT have 46 games of Reach played...

WTF...

xxjuicesxx said:
Ughh please tell me that Dmiller with the Bungie logo isn't his only account. Someone who helped make this game CANNOT have 46 games of Reach played...

WTF...
I know, right? That's something to get so mad over.

Louis Wu

GhaleonEB said:
Wow, that was the worst flyover I've ever seen. Most of the time is spent on the OLD geometry, with some of the new actually skipped over (the new ramp down to the sniper alley is visible only in the periphery)... and basic common-sense stuff like "if you're gonna show a new mancannon, show where it goes" is ignored.

I guess it doesn't matter much; I'm too busy to play at all right now, and I'm sure that when I DO find time, I'll be able to figure out the new stuff pretty quickly... but geez, if you're gonna make a flyover, you should at least TRY to show folks what's new. :(

GhaleonEB said:
[Skirmageddon is] a game of reflexes and steady aim.

Heh. Skirmishers are funny, for me - when I'm on and focused, they go down boom boom boom, multikills are common. If I get distracted, or offbalance for ANY reason... I'm toast. In seconds.

I seem to lose my cool (and not be able to recover it) pretty easily with skirmishers. Almost any other enemy, I can pull it back together and earn a little breathing room... but not those bastards. I love 'em. :)

Devin Olsen said:
Issue 002 of the Carnage report just got mailed out!

Awesome - I got this one. If anyone received the first one, I'd love it if you could forward it to me; I'm starting an archive. (This one is up here.) Thanks!

EDIT:

Thanks to ZayneH, the first Bungie Carnage Report (mailed back in November) is visible to all here.

Top Bottom