• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
enzo_gt said:
So until things are fixed we must.. complain more about them?

Yes, in hopes that they WILL get fixed.

Like has been said, the worst thing that can happen in "they" think that everyone has just accepted the game the way it is now. There are a lot of people who still take issue with certain aspects of the game.

I desperately want to come back and play Reach, as I'm sure many other do, but again, certain aspects of the game make it more frustrating than fun.

ElRenoRaven

Narpas Sword0 said:
you are damn right we have moved on... to other games

I would make some smart assed remark but I'm better then that so I won't.

enzo_gt said:
So until things are fixed we must.. complain more about them?

Apparently some think so. For me I'm done with it. I'm tired of hearing the same shit every day. We've derailed the thread into more fighting about it too. I'll just start using the tools we've all been given.

Alienshogun said:
I desperately want to come back and play Reach, as I'm sure many other do.
What do you mean 'come back'? AL was the same from the very start. Stop playing it. No amount of justifying is going to change your mind on AL. The sooner you play the games you actually enjoy, the better for eveyone.

Why do people think being in HaloGaf is a full-time job consisting of loving everything Bungie ever does? It's ok to not like something. It's ok to prefer every other game to Reach. It's ok to want to play Halo 3/2/CE/ODST/Wars/Hog Toss more than Reach.

By all means if it comes naturally then kudos to you. Love one, love 'em all or even hate them all, but ffs, let it be a natural thing instead of going through this drama of "oh but I want to like it!!!".

feel

Hang in there guys, March should be nice: Firefighters will be happy with the new map. Default fans will be happy with 2 new mp maps, Classic playlist will please a bunch of people who are down on the default, etc. Plus there's one day in March in which about 20 people from halogaf+hbo celebrate their birthday.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:
Hang in there guys, March should be nice: Firefighters will be happy with the new map. Default fans will be happy with 2 new mp maps, Classic playlist will please a bunch of people who are down on the default, etc. Plus there's one day in March in which about 20 people from halogaf+hbo celebrate their birthday.

I'm really curious what "Classic" will turn out to play like, and if the population will support it.

equil

Just finished the weekly. I think actually trying to get the weekly got me to like firefight more.
I never really played that much firefight until today.

This is what happened when I managed to convince everyone at customs a week ago, myself included, that I was gonna go afk and eat me some pasta. I had put the controller down... but... along... came... Dani....

Aw fuck, the day my Gold subscription runs out and I see this awesome map pack trailer.

Oh well. My new PC is treating me good so w/e.

*sinks back to shadows*

Ah, after 4 days of no internet, it's nice to come back with info on the new map pa... OH WHAT HALOGAF IS AT IT AGAIN.

In other news, I'm really glad that we're getting a new Firefight map.

ElRenoRaven

Grimm Fandango said:
Aw fuck, the day my Gold subscription runs out and I see this awesome map pack trailer.

Oh well. My new PC is treating me good so w/e.

*sinks back to shadows*

Oh that reminds me. I need to get playing so I can unlock my gold visor. My subscription runs out in March or April and I won't be renewing so I had better get to gathering the credits I need for my gold visor color.

GhaleonEB

equil said:
Just finished the weekly. I think actually trying to get the weekly got me to like firefight more.
I never really played that much firefight until today.
I got exactly half way through it today (100/200). It remains my favorite thing about Reach.

I'm even learning to enjoy those games where I get matched with one idiot and have to carry him. It makes me play that much more carefully, since my lives are really limited. (I'd still rather have my own pool, though.)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just matched some pros in MLG....I lagged out -_______________________- First time I think I've lagged out in Reach too :(

zumphry

Banned
New maps look awesome, and I can tell I'm going to love Highlands and Unearthed. Still not sure about Condemned due to the zero-g section(s), but I'll need to play it first to really know if I hate it or not.

As for any more Bungie map packs, I'm wondering if when someone posted something along the lines of "Noble 1, Noble 2, Noble 3" it wasn't due to 3 map packs, but just 3 maps in the Noble Pack....but the "Noble 1:" next to the achievements seem to prove otherwise. If that made any sense. So, I'm thinking it'll be where 343 and Bungie go back and forth in releasing map packs (like randomlyrossy said a page ago).

I could be, and probably am wrong, though.

Unrelated: How the hell do I have so many posts in this thread? Top 10? Jeebus.

I am now a married man, and theres a new map pack for a wedding present! :)

Touching on all the bad things about Reach...roll on the Classic Playlist. I can't wait for it go live.

Does Reach occasionally make the controller stop vibrating for anyone else? I know it doesn't vibrate when the battery is low, but occasionally when I'm playing Reach, even with a fully charged controller, it still won't do anything. Feels kind of weird, playing the game without getting any feedback.

equil

Blue Ninja said:
Does Reach occasionally make the controller stop vibrating for anyone else? I know it doesn't vibrate when the battery is low, but occasionally when I'm playing Reach, even with a fully charged controller, it still won't do anything. Feels kind of weird, playing the game without getting any feedback.

I havent used vibration since halo 3. Ever since someone told me you could BR better without vibration.
The whole mental factor of being shot, makes you panic or something.

Blue Ninja said:

I think if you play Lone Wolf theres a glitch which kills vibration which lasts till you restart your console. If its not that it may be a faulty controller?

Equil for me feeling the vibration when being shot was pretty critical in knowing when to try and escape in situations where I couldnt see where I was being shot from, so I think vibration can do more good than harm. Maybe its easier to keep a steady aim while being shot without vibration, but I dont really know. :S

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
equil said:
I havent used vibration since halo 3. Ever since someone told me you could BR better without vibration.
The whole mental factor of being shot, makes you panic or something.
stupid01.gif

feel

Blue Ninja said:
Did you play the Epilogue around the time it stopped working? Playing that mission sometimes deactivates rumble for some reason.

edit- beaten

And since we're talking about this, I do play so much better without rumble, but I hate the lack of feedback when I pull the trigger or punch a wall as I pass by it, so I leave it on.

Yeah, I loaded up Lone Wolf when it stopped working. Strange that I never noticed a connection between the two. :/

I also need a new controller, though: I've got one of those silver ones on pre-order. My oldest controller is the only one that still works relatively well, though it plays very... "loose" is the best way to describe it. My second controller has a busted audio port, while my ODST controller just doesn't play right anymore, at all.

Hydranockz said:
This is what happened when I managed to convince everyone at customs a week ago, myself included, that I was gonna go afk and eat me some pasta. I had put the controller down... but... along... came... Dani....

"I eat your pasta! I eat it up!"

Question: if Bungie were not going to make any more Reach DLC to what task would they be reassigning their DLC team? One can assume that they will have something else to offer on the Reach DLC front given the fact that they've expanded their studio and can now walk (develop one game) and chew gum at the same time (smaller projects like ODST/DLC).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bregmann Roche said:

Question: if Bungie were not going to make any more Reach DLC to what task would they be reassigning their DLC team? One can assume that they will have something else to offer on the Reach DLC front given the fact that they've expanded their studio and can now walk (develop one game) and chew gum at the same time (smaller projects like ODST/DLC).

Maybe 343 is taking over permanently? Perhaps Bungie will be focusing on their non Halo project now completely?

That's what I'm hoping for anyway, it's about damn time for a change of guard, and for Bungie's new project to get announced!

Bregmann Roche said:

Who knows? I hope the DLC comes thick and fast now though. I hate waiting months and months between map packs.

Bregmann Roche said:

Depends on if Bungie is working on anything besides their new IP. We know, when Bungie went independent, they wanted to be a multi-project studio. However, we haven't heard anything (at least, I don't remember) that indicates Bungie is working on anything alongside their new IP.

Striker

Alienshogun said:
I'm really curious what "Classic" will turn out to play like, and if the population will support it.
Hoping the maps are rock solid in the beginning, that'll be what brings the main fun or not.

I'm still questionable to want to continue playing BTB lately, as well. Bungie is gimping the hell out of it for me due to the crazy amount of Slayer and Headhunter. Adding Bro Slayer only made Multi-CTF to hardly ever show up. Not to mention the spawns for Bro Slayer are completely, and utterly broken.

So what gametype is the easiest to play Tempest on? Even on the DLC playlist it is always the other 2. But Tempest is my favorite of the new 3. I just got the maps last week.

Game2Death said:
So what gametype is the easiest to play Tempest on? Even on the DLC playlist it is always the other 2. But Tempest is my favorite of the new 3. I just got the maps last week.
your best bet is the dlc playlist but according to the community, there are only 2 maps in reach. hemorrhage and breakpoint

AlmostMilk said:
your best bet is the dlc playlist but according to the community, there are only 2 maps in reach. hemorrhage and breakpoint
I annoys me when the only 2 maps and game types that get voted on are big slayer on Breakpoint or invasion slayer on Anchorage.

krakov

Noble map pack playlist seems mostly full of people with super high rank trying to get Crazy King on Breakpoint and go 97+ with the banshee(s).

Schmitty said:
What is this classic playlist you speak of?

linky

Looks like some version of this is coming as early as March.

edit: this interests me very much:

Jeremiah said:
You'll be hearing more about Arena in the next couple weeks. We're currently working to make improvements to the Arena format which are intended to appeal to a larger crowd.

The Arena was originally intended for the "hyper-competitive" players, which have proven to be less than abundant and typically less than consistent with their usage of the Arena playlists. This is in direct conflict with the necessity of the Arena to have a high population to function optimally. The Arena should be a place where anyone can go to see where they stack up, not just the hardcore crowd.

There are varying opinions on why Arena has a low population. Some of it can be attributed to the complexity of the ranking system, the fact that we use FFA scoring in a team game, the lack of a long term investment due to the short seasons or the "hardcore" gametypes themselves. All of these issues are being addressed to some degree, but you'll have to wait a bit longer for more details.

Makes me think they'll be incorporating some sort of long-term 'rank' in Arena to appease a lot of folks who liked the H3 system.

Ramirez

When I logged on yesterday, Team Arena had 500 people and FFA had 119. :lol

I wonder if they're holding back Lockout and Wizard for the classic playlist?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Ramirez said:

I don't think they are coming. Last time Urk was asked about those maps, he asked for links to community made versions. They probably only existed on a debug unit with an earlier Reach build.

The only chance, I think, to see them will be if the community remakes them and polishes them and delivers them ready. Even then, there are other maps from the community currently lined up, so it would take time, even then.

I have seen a few dozen Lockout remakes but none have had the census of being definitive.

Shame, those Bungie remakes looked good enough and nobody but the Bungie folks have any idea where they haven't put into MM months ago.

I just wanted to poke my head in here and let everyone know that after a long hiatus from REACH aka (COD:BO) I started playing Reach again a few days ago.. and I love the little changes they have made to the playlists, firefight etc. LOVE IT

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
When I logged on yesterday, Team Arena had 500 people and FFA had 119. :lol

Rumor has it MLG has a version for v3.

Striker

I posted a video a few days ago of "Mockout" a remake of Halo 2's Lockout. Jumps are more true to the original, especially than Blackout was. Curious how well it holds up in 4v4 action. It's one map I think would fit in nicely with the classic playlist.

wwm0nkey

Hey guys about that new Helmet. Do you think it was in the game and locked or do you think it was added with this DLC. Because if it was added with this DLC that means CF and 343i found a way around Bungies map lock that has been in all of their Halo games.

GhaleonEB

wwm0nkey said:
Hey guys about that new Helmet. Do you think it was in the game and locked or do you think it was added with this DLC. Because if it was added with this DLC that means CF and 343i found a way around Bungies map lock that has been in all of their Halo games.
'Tis a mystery. Could be locked content (I doubt it), could be added DLC (no idea how), could only be usable on those maps (I doubt it). Very curious about it myself.

The Firefight playlists have been good to me. I should hit Field Marshall next weekend. I hit General like, two weeks ago. Yikes.
wwm0nkey said:
I hope they found a way around Bungie's map system. That means potential for new weapons added back into the sandbox! (Beam rifle please!)
I have long held that the only thing that could make Hemorrhage enjoyable for me is to be cruising the undulating hills in a Chopper. Hey, I can dream.

wwm0nkey

GhaleonEB said:
'Tis a mystery. Could be locked content (I doubt it), could be added DLC (no idea how), could only be usable on those maps (I doubt it). Very curious about it myself.

The Firefight playlists have been good to me. I should hit Field Marshall next weekend. I hit General like, two weeks ago. Yikes.
I hope they found a way around Bungie's map system. That means potential for new weapons added back into the sandbox! (Beam rifle please!)

I'm already juggling between the Pilot, JFO and Recon hemet, so what do I do? I buy the Mark V. I think I'll stick to that for now, I kinda like it. Fits the rest of my armor, while Recon looked 'tiny' in comparison to my 'big' shoulder pieces.

I hope, if there's some new armor (as seems likely) there's some really awesome pieces in there.

wwm0nkey

Actually guys if they did find away around the .map restriction there could be A LOT of things added into Reach via DLC than just armor.

I personally want different skins on Forgeworld objects.

GhaleonEB said:
I have long held that the only thing that could make Hemorrhage enjoyable for me is to be cruising the undulating hills in a Chopper. Hey, I can dream.
Wow. I don't think I've ever thought about that. Yeah, that would be pretty sweet.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Striker said:
Hoping the maps are rock solid in the beginning, that'll be what brings the main fun or not.

I'm still questionable to want to continue playing BTB lately, as well. Bungie is gimping the hell out of it for me due to the crazy amount of Slayer and Headhunter. Adding Bro Slayer only made Multi-CTF to hardly ever show up. Not to mention the spawns for Bro Slayer are completely, and utterly broken.

BTB without OBJ play seems pointless to me. That's sad to hear.

I'm betting "classic" will be underpopulated like MLG is. I hope I'm wrong though.

wwm0nkey said:

It definitely wasn't in game before, the guys who hacked them game would have been able to see it, and it was never shown before.

wwm0nkey said:
Actually guys if they did find away around the .map restriction there could be A LOT of things added into Reach via DLC than just armor.

I personally want different skins on Forgeworld objects.

Now you have me all hopeful for a return of the BR. :p

Top Bottom