• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
randomlyrossy said:
I'd tend to disagree, like I said the guy with the power weapon still has the advantage. He just has to choose what he does next wisely, he can wait for the AL to run out and kill the dude or move on and take out someone else. I'm simplying obviously as the choice is often more complicated than that but I don't think it's game breaking. For one thing not everyone uses armour lock and with the exception of maybe the drop shield it's the only one that really (temporarily) nullifies power weapons.

Armor lock breaks 4v4, drop shield breaks objective.

Disagree all you want, an AA should not negate a power weapon. The player themselves should work to overcome the person/team who achieved map dominance to secure the weapon advantage, not hit a button that nullifies the situation.

bobs99 ... said:
While I agree his posts are a little spammy, and that they wont change anything about armour lock. Im still glad there are people out there fighting the good fight. He might not single handedly make a difference, but as long as people out there are still bitching about it. Maybe... just maybe 343 or Bungie will take note and armour lock will be changed, or at least totally excluded from any future Halo games.

I just hate the idea that they will think Reach is fine and dandy because most people have given up on complaining. That seems to have been theyre approach with the beta, and it was a pretty bad approach lol.

That's pretty much what I'm doing, I love Reach, but certain aspects make it too much of a pain in the ass to enjoy.

I've been playing Gears and still checking in on this thread in hopes that SOMEONE will wake the fuck up and fix Reach.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bobs99 ... said:
While I agree his posts are a little spammy, and that they wont change anything about armour lock. Im still glad there are people out there fighting the good fight. He might not single handedly make a difference, but as long as people out there are still bitching about it. Maybe... just maybe 343 or Bungie will take note and armour lock will be changed, or at least totally excluded from any future Halo games.

I just hate the idea that they will think Reach is fine and dandy because most people have given up on complaining. That seems to have been theyre approach with the beta, and it was a pretty bad approach lol.
Fighting the good fight IS spamming. I would think by now Bungie has figured out the backlash from Armor Lock AND made up their mind about how they feel about it in retrospect.

All in all, Armor Lock bitching has gotten about as stale as bitching about the small map count, and how people don't like AAs and whatnot. Yes, these are all legitimate criticisms and concerns. But 48000 posts later, it's all dragged out a bit too thick. Thread isn't that exciting to read anymore when people just pop in to say "lol this game sucks I'm still playing it lololol!" and the like. It's all really salty and tarts up Halo threads considerably.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Look at the bright side guys, I could still be complaining about how bloom is a failure to Halo and FPS in general and how The Cage is an abomination, but here I am instead making this post.

edit: Also enzo_gt you still play this? I'll add you if so.

Here is my one complaint which I would like to see addressed: More maps per pack.

enzo_gt said:
Fighting the good fight IS spamming. I would think by now Bungie has figured out the backlash from Armor Lock AND made up their mind about how they feel about it in retrospect.

All in all, Armor Lock bitching has gotten about as stale as bitching about the small map count, and how people don't like AAs and whatnot. Yes, these are all legitimate criticisms and concerns. But 48000 posts later, it's all dragged out a bit too thick. Thread isn't that exciting to read anymore when people just pop in to say "lol this game sucks I'm still playing it lololol!" and the like. It's all really salty and tarts up Halo threads considerably.

The problem is a lot of people who REALLY want to enjoy this game (myself included) are finding that after a few games they just press the off button and then go on Gaf hoping to see a magical post proclaiming a overhual of the things that ruin the game so much. Its never going to happen, but Reach could be something im addicted to. As it stands every few weeks I get that Halo nostalgic feeling, pop Reach in, get fed up fast and end up not touching it again for a few weeks. The cycle then repeats.

Sure I shouldn't be here spamming the thread up and I try and avoid complaining just for the sake of it but I think its only fair that this place is somewehere that we can discuss the good and bad side of Reach. After all a lot of the more interesting conversation here comes from how fans think things could be improved and maybe im just imagining it, but Bungie seem pretty good at reacting to the general communities points.

Sure I guess this far down the road Armour Lock isnt going to be changed, so complaining about that post after post like AlienShogun is doing is a little daft, but im just hoping 343 took notes early on when some of the posters here put well thought out opinions out about the game.

As it stands the thing I enjoy most about Reach is Firefight, and thats pretty sad considering how big the multiplayer side of Halo has been in the past.

ElRenoRaven

Striker said:
That ended with Halo 2, sadly.
Yup. Why give you more for less. Hell to be honest I'm surprised they haven't tried lowering it to two for 800 yet. It being Microsoft I would have expected them to try that by now.

Alienshogun said:
Armor lock breaks 4v4, drop shield breaks objective.

Disagree all you want, an AA should not negate a power weapon. The player themselves should work to overcome the person/team who achieved map dominance to secure the weapon advantage, not hit a button that nullifies the situation.

I guess it just comes down to us wanting different things from the game, I'm not a fan of power weapon dominance. I'm not a particularly competitive person so it's just not a style of play I go for. I realise it's been a big part of Halo but it's never been (to me at least) an integral part.

I like that Halo 3 and now Reach have introduced elements that allow that old style to remain for those who want it but also gives people like myself a way to combat it. Other than just hoping you get lucky and the guy coming for you is a terrible shot.

I've had some of the most fun in any Halo game thanks to armour abilities. I don't think armour lock is quite the win button some of you make it out to be, I've probably had more deaths from using it than kills. That could say more about me though.

Anyway I'm not looking to debate the issue that much, as I know your mind is made up. I just thought I'd throw in my opinion and show not everyone hates it.

ElRenoRaven

bobs99 ... said:
The problem is a lot of people who REALLY want to enjoy this game (myself included) are finding that after a few games they just press the off button and then go on Gaf hoping to see a magical post proclaiming a overhual of the things that ruin the game so much.

Its never going to happen, but Reach could be something im addicted to. As it stands every few weeks I get that Halo nostalgic feeling, pop Reach in, get fed up fast and end up not touching it again for a few weeks. The cycle then repeats.

Sure I shouldn't be here spamming the thread up and I try and avoid complaining just for the sake of it but I think its only fair that this place is somewehere that we can discuss the good and bad side of Reach. After all a lot of the more interesting conversation here comes from how fans think things could be improved and maybe im just imagining it, but Bungie seem pretty good at reacting to the general communities points.

Sure I guess this far down the road Armour Lock isnt going to be changed, so complaining about that post after post like AlienShogun is doing is a little daft, but im just hoping 343 took notes early on when some of the posters here put well thought out opinions out about the game.

See that's the difference between you and what he's doing though. Discussion is fine but the constant it sucks while adding nothing constructive to the conversation doesn't help. It really doesn't when at the time it's said there isn't conversation going on about it.

MrBig

Striker said:
That ended with Halo 2, sadly.
Halo 2 had everything. I want to go back to those days.
Amazing maps. Amazing gametypes (mostly.) And friends who actually played halo and never took the disc out of their xbox. I'm luck to see two or three people on most of the time, and they're usually from gaf. Versus H2 I always had a minimum of ~20 people on and could get together or join a custom game at any time.

With reach all I can do is go by Bungies rules and play bad gametypes with bad teamates without a multitude of great maps to make it almost enjoyable.

randomlyrossy said:
I guess it just comes down to us wanting different things from the game, I'm not a fan of power weapon dominance. I'm not a particularly competitive person so it's just not a style of play I go for. I realise it's been a big part of Halo but it's never been (to me at least) an integral part.

I like that Halo 3 and now Reach have introduced elements that allow that old style to remain for those who want it but also gives people like myself a way to combat it. Other than just hoping you get lucky and the guy coming for you is a terrible shot.

I've had some of the most fun in any Halo game thanks to armour abilities. I don't think armour lock is quite the win button some of you make it out to be, I've probably had more deaths from using it than kills. That could say more about me though.

Anyway I'm not looking to debate the issue that much, as I know your mind is made up. I just thought I'd throw in my opinion and show not everyone hates it.

Out of interest what do you personally look for in the combat?

I have always been more interested in the personal battles in Halo, power weapon dominance didnt mean much to me, but the fact that armour lock also disrupts things like vehicle play and straight up DMR duels just makes it too much of a game changer for me to simply adapt to.

As far as im concerned, tapping 1 button which sort of acts like a pause button isnt really a good way of combatting anything. Its much better when you have to think fast and pull off a smart manouvre to beat your opponent when on the back foot. Armour lock isnt overpowered, but my complaints dont come from balance, they come from fun factor, as armour lock essentially pauses the game its not much fun either.

Its sort of like taking something fast paced and then breaking up the flow for no reason what so ever

PsychoRaven said:
See that's the difference between you and what he's doing though. Discussion is fine but the constant it sucks while adding nothing constructive to the conversation doesn't help. It really doesn't when at the time it's said there isn't conversation going on about it.

To be fair I agree. AlienShoguns posts have almost been a parody recently lol. I still agree with his point, but I guess theres a time and a place.

ALherpaderpa.jpg

Ok folks, how many of shogun's 600 posts are about AL? Any takers?

Also, see how people who contribute to the community, critiqing Halo until there is nothing left to critique without taking up too much space? Fuck it, look how even the people who hate Reach can tell us in far fewer posts.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:
or: How I learned to stop worrying and love the armor lock.
I don't like Armor Locks complete halting of the flow of combat but it's really not that much of an issue with me.

feel

Whoa whoa whoa back it up beep beep beep (beep beep beep? :/), 343 can get new armor pieces in there?? Please please please introduce some proper new smooth one-piece chest/arms/shoulder parts that don't all look the same except for a random decorative item scotch-taped to it.

Tashi0106 said:
I was going through my old youtube videos and there were so many good games of MLG on Midship, Narrows and the Pit. I miss those maps :(
what happened to your odst mythic disc

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Plywood said:
Look at the bright side guys, I could still be complaining about how bloom is a failure to Halo and FPS in general and how The Cage is an abomination, but here I am instead making this post.

edit: Also enzo_gt you still play this? I'll add you if so.

Here is my one complaint which I would like to see addressed: More maps per pack.
Seeing as the game of the forever, MvC3, comes out tomorrow, probably not for a while :p But if you've got an empty spot on your friends list that reaally needs to be filled, GT: arvinater, goes for anyone in this thread.

bobs99 ... said:
The problem is a lot of people who REALLY want to enjoy this game (myself included) are finding that after a few games they just press the off button and then go on Gaf hoping to see a magical post proclaiming a overhual of the things that ruin the game so much. Its never going to happen, but Reach could be something im addicted to. As it stands every few weeks I get that Halo nostalgic feeling, pop Reach in, get fed up fast and end up not touching it again for a few weeks. The cycle then repeats.

As it stands the thing I enjoy most about Reach is Firefight, and thats pretty sad considering how big the multiplayer side of Halo has been in the past.
Like I said, legitimate complaints are fine, but it's just the reiteration that makes me not want to come back into this thread. Every once in a while people post interesting videos and great stuff the community has created, which makes me really excited to be a Halo fan and see all this great stuff coming out as a result of the game, but that has decreased significantly. Even more so than Halo 3 at around this time of year I'd say. Relatively no one is excited about this map pack, people are frustrated with fundamentals of the game, we're in OT3, and I hate to be the buzzkill, but the game is on it's last legs quite earlier than ANY of us expected pre-release.

So when I come back in here and see nothing but bitching at Bungie, it makes me wonder how this contributes anything to said Armor Lock cause, or to the thread in general. I have my own gripes about Reach (and this thread) and I have voiced them before. But as such, nothing has changed. Some people had their gripes fixed in playlist updates and whatnot. For me, nothing has changed for the Halo: Reach online experience. I'm not singling out AlienShogun, he hasn't made the saltiest of posts I've seen.

I used to check this thread religiously, and don't anymore cause I'm getting nothing out of it, I guess that's the root of concern for me, which is pretty rooted in people not liking Reach and being increasingly vocal about it. I've even found myself playing less and less Reach. There's probably a correlation there.

tl;dr HaloGAF, y u no fun?

bobs99 ... said:
Out of interest what do you personally look for in the combat?

I have always been more interested in the personal battles in Halo, power weapon dominance didnt mean much to me, but the fact that armour lock also disrupts things like vehicle play and straight up DMR duels just makes it too much of a game changer for me to simply adapt to.

As far as im concerned, tapping 1 button which sort of acts like a pause button isnt really a good way of combatting anything. Its much better when you have to think fast and pull off a smart manouvre to beat your opponent when on the back foot. Armour lock isnt overpowered, but as it essentially pauses the game its not much fun either.

You know it's something I've been thinking about lately and I honestly can't quite summise what I enjoy about the combat. I'm average at best at the game, I'm not an especially tactical player. My playstyle is generally to just run in without much thought, which I guess armour lock suits quite well. That being said I still get a great amount of enjoyment from the combat in Halo games. As someone who reacts to the things happening rather than thinking them out ahead of time I just love the rush of it. Keeping an eye on all the elements. My shields, their shields, ammo, grenades, how close we are, if our teams are nearby and all the other stuff that makes up a Halo game. Just processing and reacting to all that and attemtting to gain the advantage/kill is immensely satisfying.

To me armour lock fixes a problem I started having with Halo multiplayer, in that in most scenarios (this is my personal experience of course) if someone attacked you first then there was about an 80% chance you were going to lose that encounter. With the armour abilities you have more options that even things out a little (not completely obviously). Now you can sprint to cover, fly behind cover, armour lock etc. This lets me enjoy the game far more as I don't feel like every encounter is decided by who saw who first. Like I said I don't think it breaks the game at all, to me it makes the combat more interesting.

I can see where you're coming from with AL essentially pausing the action but I think it comes back to what I was saying above. It evens out encounters that would otherwise be predetermined before one side even got a chance to fight back. With AL it gives the person caught off guard a moment to try and figure out a way to what they can do to help themselves. Or it gives them the opportunity to wait for someone else to solve that issue for them. Not everyone can think fast enough to pull off that smart manuever, this gives those people the chance to think briefly. If the situation hasn't changed when they come out of AL then the outcome will often be just the same as if they'd never used it which is why I don't have a huge issue with it.

(Spent way too long on this post so apologies if it is a rambling mess that doesn't make sense. It's nearly 2am and I'm tiiiiiiiiired.)

Hydranockz said:
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk217/Nockz-the-Dark-Cellist/ALherpaderpa.jpg[IMG]

Also, see how people who contribute to the community, critiqing Halo until there is nothing left to critique without taking up too much space? Fuck it, look how even the people who hate Reach can tell us in far fewer posts.[/QUOTE]

Semi-related to what you're saying, I actually unsubbed and stopped posting in these threads because of all the bitching that was going on. It seemed there was far more negative discussion going on than positive and it's not something I could be arsed jumping into. So I just buggered off and played Reach some.

[QUOTE=bobs99 ...]To be fair I agree. AlienShoguns posts have almost been a parody recently lol. I still agree with his point, but I guess theres a time and a place.[/QUOTE]

I honestly wasn't sure they weren't until now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
enzo_gt said:
Seeing as the game of the forever, MvC3, comes out tomorrow, probably not for a while :p But if you've got an empty spot on your friends list that reaally needs to be filled, GT: arvinater, goes for anyone in this thread.
I'm teetering so hard on whether or not to get MvC3, it's cause of dat character DLC. Who knows, I might just cave. Also you're added.
Letters said:
Whoa whoa whoa back it up beep beep beep (beep beep beep? :/), 343 can get new armor pieces in there?? Please please please introduce some proper new smooth one-piece chest/arms/shoulder parts that don't all look the same except for a random decorative item scotch-taped to it.

what happened to your odst mythic disc
I'd love new armor, but I thought they said that wasn't possible?

Also are you trying to form an H3 group? If so, I'm game.

feel

Tashi0106 said:
I don't know, I put the disc in but it loads up and says Halo 3 not Halo Reach :/
oh

still, it can't hurt to endure that vastly inferior game for a bit to pay those good old friends of yours a visit :p

Plywood said:
I've been meaning to get some saturday night H3 customs going for a while, but I feel like I'm being enough of a dick already by hinting at least once a day on halogaf that "i wuv me some h3 reach suxxors".

Ghaleon, I know you must be thinking "whoa, I'm glad shogun has way more posts than I do, so noone is noticing my embarrassingly high number of posts, and I'm safe from mockery", well think again mister! haha! *points*

<3

Hydranockz said:
ALherpaderpa.jpg

Also, see how people who contribute to the community, critiqing Halo until there is nothing left to critique without taking up too much space? Fuck it, look how even the people who hate Reach can tell us in far fewer posts.
I like that he has the most post AND he was banned for quite a while.

Dude, slow down on the posts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Plywood said:
I'm teetering so hard on whether or not to get MvC3, it's cause of dat character DLC. Who knows, I might just cave. Also you're added.
Get it oh mah gawd its so hype, I've waited ten years for this aaaaaawwww maaaaaaaahhhhhhh gaaaaaaaaawddddddd

randomlyrossy said:
You know it's something I've been thinking about lately and I honestly can't quite summise what I enjoy about the combat. I'm average at best at the game, I'm not an especially tactical player. My playstyle is generally to just run in without much thought, which I guess armour lock suits quite well. That being said I still get a great amount of enjoyment from the combat in Halo games. As someone who reacts to the things happening rather than thinking them out ahead of time I just love the rush of it. Keeping an eye on all the elements. My shields, their shields, ammo, grenades, how close we are, if our teams are nearby and all the other stuff that makes up a Halo game. Just processing and reacting to all that and attemtting to gain the advantage/kill is immensely satisfying.

To me armour lock fixes a problem I started having with Halo multiplayer, in that in most scenarios (this is my personal experience of course) if someone attacked you first then there was about an 80% chance you were going to lose that encounter. With the armour abilities you have more options that even things out a little (not completely obviously). Now you can sprint to cover, fly behind cover, armour lock etc. This lets me enjoy the game far more as I don't feel like every encounter is decided by who saw who first. Like I said I don't think it breaks the game at all, to me it makes the combat more interesting.

I can see where you're coming from with AL essentially pausing the action but I think it comes back to what I was saying above. It evens out encounters that would otherwise be predetermined before one side even got a chance to fight back. With AL it gives the person caught off guard a moment to try and figure out a way to what they can do to help themselves. Or it gives them the opportunity to wait for someone else to solve that issue for them. Not everyone can think fast enough to pull off that smart manuever, this gives those people the chance to think briefly. If the situation hasn't changed when they come out of AL then the outcome will often be just the same as if they'd never used it which is why I don't have a huge issue with it.

(Spent way too long on this post so apologies if it is a rambling mess that doesn't make sense. It's nearly 2am and I'm tiiiiiiiiired.)

Semi-related to what you're saying, I actually unsubbed and stopped posting in these threads because of all the bitching that was going on. It seemed there was far more negative discussion going on than positive and it's not something I could be arsed jumping into. So I just buggered off and played Reach some.

I get what your saying and I enjoy the Halo combat for the same reasons. The difference is I love how you can make quick tactical decisions on the move and very much use the map/ your weapons to help you in your situation. I think as long as you are at least as good as the other player, even if they have a advantage over you, I loved how you could turn the tide with semi smart play.

Im not gonne lie, I spent most of my time on Halo 3 running headfirst into battles, but I loved how I could do things in the little personal duels which turned the tide of the battle. When I really wanted to win I would play smart from the getgo and try and approach combat in a way that would give me the upper hand. Generally though I did just mindlessly run and gun until when actually fighting another person.

With Reach, bloom and the 5 shot kill remove this to an extent, and so maybe your right and you need Armour Lock in Reach but to me it feels like a cheap get out of jail free card, which will probably not help you in the long term anyway. Really I don’t like it because it takes away from a lot of the duels that could happen. In terms of those duels, I know your saying Reach has a lot more potential for things to happen because of AA’s but I kind of disagree. I personally feel that Reach feels like playing an overcomplicated game of Rock Paper Scissors, and depending on the AA you have and the AA your opponent has, most battles are going to play out pretty similarly. With Halo 3 I felt there was much more importance on using the map well, and manoeuvring well, and I really liked how all players were very much equal going into a battle.

Dude its 2 am for me here also, so im going to stop now. :p

enzo_gt said:

Like I said, legitimate complaints are fine, but it's just the reiteration that makes me not want to come back into this thread. Every once in a while people post interesting videos and great stuff the community has created, which makes me really excited to be a Halo fan and see all this great stuff coming out as a result of the game, but that has decreased significantly. Even more so than Halo 3 at around this time of year I'd say. Relatively no one is excited about this map pack, people are frustrated with fundamentals of the game, we're in OT3, and I hate to be the buzzkill, but the game is on it's last legs quite earlier than ANY of us expected pre-release.

So when I come back in here and see nothing but bitching at Bungie, it makes me wonder how this contributes anything to said Armor Lock cause, or to the thread in general. I have my own gripes about Reach (and this thread) and I have voiced them before. But as such, nothing has changed. Some people had their gripes fixed in playlist updates and whatnot. For me, nothing has changed for the Halo: Reach online experience. I'm not singling out AlienShogun, he hasn't made the saltiest of posts I've seen.

I used to check this thread religiously, and don't anymore cause I'm getting nothing out of it, I guess that's the root of concern for me, which is pretty rooted in people not liking Reach and being increasingly vocal about it. I've even found myself playing less and less Reach. There's probably a correlation there.

tl;dr HaloGAF, y u no fun?

To quickly answer the TL;DR – Maybe its because Reach is no fun. :p

To be honest I agree that the ratio of bitching to interesting posts is pretty bad, but personally I think that’s potentially because there’s just a lot of fundamental things that take away from the type of cool things that can happen. Ive had some awesome moments on Reach, but when 90% of those matches involve frustrating play the 10% that I really enjoy sort of gets overshadowed.

Im not gonna lie though, others here have been posting some truly good stuff, so yeah fair enough its probably not worth ruining the genuinely good conversations that go on here with incessant bitching.
sorry guys!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
randomlyrossy said:

Yeah, when I play MP I get pretty competitive, that's probably where you and I differ.

Dax01 said:
Dude, you're a broken record. Enough already.

You are the last person I would listen to.

PsychoRaven said:

The creative, came before, back at the beginning when ideas for making it better were made. That was all exhausted. :p

Plywood said:
I would be so down for this. My Halo 3 experience was cut shorter than I would've liked because all of my IRL friends moved onto CoD and I didn't have an online community to play with.

Also been wanting to get together an ODST Firefight game. Going for the Vidmasters was so much fun, I've yet to get the same satisfaction out of Reach's Firefight. I'm sure that FF Limited is a huge improvement but the lag and lack of a goal just kills it for me. For whatever reason, I feel like FF online was less laggy in ODST but I could be remembering wrong.

Might take me a bit to get decent again though, I would have to re acclimate myself with Bumper Jumper.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
oh

still, it can't hurt to endure that vastly inferior game for a bit to pay those good old friends of yours a visit :p

I've been meaning to get some saturday night H3 customs going for a while, but I feel like I'm being enough of a dick already by hinting at least once a day on halogaf that "i wuv me some h3 reach suxxors".
Everyone is a broken record here from the complainers to the defenders to the shut up already crew.

So blabber on, also do I have you added?
enzo_gt said:
Get it oh mah gawd its so hype, I've waited ten years for this aaaaaawwww maaaaaaaahhhhhhh gaaaaaaaaawddddddd
FUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu

Barrow Roll said:
I would be so down for this. My Halo 3 experience was cut shorter than I would've liked because all of my IRL friends moved onto CoD and I didn't have an online community to play with.

Also been wanting to get together an ODST Firefight game. Going for the Vidmasters was so much fun, I've yet to get the same satisfaction out of Reach's Firefight. I'm sure that FF Limited is a huge improvement but the lag and lack of a goal just kills it for me. For whatever reason, I feel like FF online was less laggy in ODST but I could be remembering wrong.

Might take me a bit to get decent again though, I would have to re acclimate myself with Bumper Jumper.

Viva la revolution.

If enough people are up for jumping on Halo 3 im always game. Barrow Roll whats your GT? I wouldnt mind some people to just jump on social slayer with. (This goes for anyone else that still plays Halo 3 by the way)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bobs99 ... said:
To quickly answer the TL;DR – Maybe its because Reach is no fun. :p

To be honest I agree that the ratio of bitching to interesting posts is pretty bad, but personally I think that’s potentially because there’s just a lot of fundamental things that take away from the type of cool things that can happen. Ive had some awesome moments on Reach, but when 90% of those matches involve frustrating play the 10% that I really enjoy sort of gets overshadowed.

Im not gonna lie though, others here have been posting some truly good stuff, so yeah fair enough its probably not worth ruining the genuinely good conversations that go on here with incessant bitching.
sorry guys!
Yeah I don't contribute very often either. I'd 'commit' to being a regular member of HaloGAF too, but I'm absolute shit in comparison to you guys, and I realized that the few times I joined Saturday throwdowns.

I just chime in, in moments like these where I have something to say, I really don't mean to berate the rest of HaloGAF. People like Ghaleon, Dax and a few others still post good stuff, and I still enjoy the occasional "Hire Juices." I'm just saying this thread has become a far cry from what I expected it to be.

bobs99 ... said:
Viva la revolution.

If enough people are up for jumping on Halo 3 im always game. Barrow Roll whats your GT? I wouldnt mind some people to just jump on social slayer with. (This goes for anyone else that still plays Halo 3 by the way)
GT: Barrow Roll

Probably won't be online until tomorrow though.

Tashi0106 said:
You're gonna go back to Halo 3 for social slayer? :lol

Ive been playing a lot of ranked, and to be honest I just get AFK'ers/ Laggy games/ long match times. Going in with Gaf as more than a 2 is just asking to never get a match. :(

I would love it if Halo 3 could get its retirment package, little things like loosening party search restrictions would make a world of difference for the guys that still love H3 ranked.

enzo_gt said:
Yeah I don't contribute very often either. I'd 'commit' to being a regular member of HaloGAF too, but I'm absolute shit in comparison to you guys, and I realized that the few times I joined Saturday throwdowns.

I just chime in, in moments like these where I have something to say, I really don't mean to berate the rest of HaloGAF. People like Ghaleon, Dax and a few others still post good stuff, and I still enjoy the occasional "Hire Juices." I'm just saying this thread has become a far cry from what I expected it to be.

Dude I recognise your name from back when I was a lurker! Your regular HaloGaf if you like it or not. From the sounds of it you dont! I must say im probably part of the problem, but to be honest if Reach was as good as it could have been things would be different.

kylej

Banned
Gui_PT said:
llamawhathavetheydone.gif

Gotta be honest with you, bro. Getting kinda old.

Would literally rather play on a giant llama made out of forge blocks than most of the forge maps in MM tbh.

Someone make a giant llama map please. thanks in advance.

feel

Plywood said:
Everyone is a broken record here from the complainers to the defenders to the shut up already crew.

So blabber on, also do I have you added?
I think so, my tag is my spanish name with a 7 for an L

Sending you a FR bobs, social is fine, one gets matched against competitive brigs and generals quite often there nowadays

edit- just to be clear, I can't play tonight, just sending the FR so we can play some other day, I'm not at home

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
I think so, my tag is my spanish name with a 7 for an L

Sending you a FR bobs, social is fine, one gets matched against competitive brigs and generals quite often there nowadays
I cannot crack your code err.. 7etters doesn't seem to be your tag.

Add: Xenolock plz, kthx.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bobs99 ... said:
Dude I recognise your name from back when I was a lurker! Your regular HaloGaf if you like it or not. From the sounds of it you dont! I must say im probably part of the problem, but to be honest if Reach was as good as it could have been things would be different.
:')

And yeah, I still love Reach though. Some people here love it for MLG only, some love it for Firefight most, some love matchmaking most. For me, it's local multiplayer. God, including local multiplayer and not gimping it is one of the best decisions Bungie has made, game to game.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Juices I just got a 2 for 1 double kill with a snipe. Headshots. Nothing special at all. Is that something you would be interested in for the HaloGAF montage?

feel

Nasty! I like how you include a noscope in there at the start and make it seem like it's no big deal. Yesterday I noscoped a dude on a turret of an incoming hog halfway across rat's nest, and was all ecstatic for the next 15 minutes.

Plywood said:
I cannot crack your code err.. 7etters doesn't seem to be your tag.

Add: Xenolock plz, kthx.
I just checked on xbox.com, you're on my list. I meant the spanish version of my real name. xD

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
enzo_gt said:
:')

And yeah, I still love Reach though. Some people here love it for MLG only, some love it for Firefight most, some love matchmaking most. For me, it's local multiplayer. God, including local multiplayer and not gimping it is one of the best decisions Bungie has made, game to game.

Most of us love Reach, it's just a few small things that completely RUIN it.

Narpas Sword0 said:
you are damn right we have moved on... to other games

Pretty much, at least until the issues that are present are fixed.

PsychoRaven said:
Exactly. All it does at this point is drive people to stop reading your posts man. You have some good posts and are a good guy but it gets old when several times a day we see AL sucks. At this point it isn't adding anything constructive to the conversation because everyone else has for the most part moved on.

you are damn right we have moved on... to other games

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alienshogun said:
Most of us love Reach, it's just a few small things that completely RUIN it.

Pretty much, at least until the issues that are present are fixed.
So until things are fixed we must.. complain more about them?

Top Bottom