• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

blamite

Damn, those are some disappointing achievements. And 75G for the stockpile one, really? Why not make it worth less and ad a few new Firefight achievements?

lybertyboy said:
Feels like there's rain on the way.

You're about five hours too late.

2n174mp.jpg

Edit: Did anybody else see the Hive thing on HBO? What the crap is that all about?

PNut

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
I'm pretty tired but I'm defiant enough to tough it out and hop on Reach. Anyone wanna play?

MLG Customs? If so, yes. It's late but I'm down.

Edit- nvm. I get it now. :) Didn't rain in my parts.

Sai-kun

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
I'm pretty tired but I'm defiant enough to tough it out and hop on Reach. Anyone wanna play?

I'm doing homework right now, but I'm gonna say 'fuck school' in about an hour and play then.

Went into Multi Team to try and get the small arms challenge only to get people to vote for Rocket Hog every time, which is just god awful (and that's coming from a lover of regular rocket race). How hard is it to drive a warthog? People seem to really struggle with it, a lot, like beyond my comprehension and how you can be so bad at one of the easiest things in the game. Also do people not realize that if you decide you fire a damn volley of rockets right next to the warthog, it's going to send your own vehicle sky high?

Warthog rant/

Lazslo

Devin Olsen said:
Raaaaaaaage

Getting Stockpile or Oddball in MM is nearly impossible
Well a month or two ago you couldn't even get a game of Slayer in the Team Slayer hopper- all the bk's would only vote for swat. So at least there's hope for a Team Flag hopper once 343i runs the big show- that would be amazing because it seems like Flag games have been left behind these days, I can't remember the last time I played a good game of 1 or multi flag. Believe.

Alright then,

After a game of Territories on Coagulation or w/e it's called... with a teammate that quit out right away. I am done Halo for the night.

I'll wake up early tomorrow (about 7 hours from now) and play the Defiant Maps with anyone who is on.

<3

GloveSlap

Deputy Moonman said:
I gave Reach another chance. Played it for a few days. Now I'm done. Hate it with a passion. Cannot fathom what the dumbasses were thinking when they designed the game. I may even burn the copy of the disc and post of a video of it on youtube. Shit I may even burn the crappy ass statue that comes with the Legendary edition too, and the journal. Then I think I will microwave nuke the disc case.

Bungie got so caught up in making such a grand scale experience with campaign, firefight, and forge, that they forgot to nail down the most important part of the game: game play.

Armor lock as a cool method of defending yourself is one thing. Having it spam-able, last long enough to recover your shield, and drop other people's shield repeatedly so that armor lock can spam melee people to death is a fucking joke.

They made it 10 times easier for people to get away from gunfire with sprint, jetpacks, armor lock, invis, and bloom, and then they made normal weapons weak as shit. Combine those two things alone and you get a pile of shit ass.

But let's add even more power weapons and allow the assault rifle the ability to kill people from mid-distance quicker than you can kill with a needle rifle and battle rifle. Oh and let's make the pistol the biggest pussy weapon in halo history. Let's turn frag grenades into plasma grenades by making them gimpy as shit so that they never bounce.

I have another great idea. Let's make it so that pre-damage is completely negated when trying to melee people. Let's make it so that people have to flail around like snakes having sex, trying to melee each other twice instead of having a smooth and streamlined damage system. In fact, let's just make it so that nothing in the game makes any sense regarding damage. Let's make everything a crapshoot crapfest.

That should make everything juusssssstttt right.

I check the weekly update still, for reasons unknown to man. Halo has turned into a freaking Avon party. Let's dress up and see what cool pictures we can get this week. I can't believe one of my favorite game franchises of all time went princess maker and forgot its roots.

Best rant i have seen in a while, lol. Absolutely spot on. I wouldn't destroy the game though, since that actually help them by removing a used game from the market.

Devin Olsen said:
Alright then,

After a game of Territories on Coagulation or w/e it's called... with a teammate that quit out right away. I am done Halo for the night.

I'll wake up early tomorrow (about 7 hours from now) and play the Defiant Maps with anyone who is on.

<3

You already have them?

I raged hard on Reach tonight and got off.

Uncaged's changes really help. The layout and weapon placement is pretty solid now, but the map still sucks because it is build in forge. Those tiny little walkways are atrocious, I pretty much only die from grenades on that map.

It's a real shame that "Blockout" got scraped from the game and we got this POS instead, and that we got the butcher job that is Asylum instead of a real remake of one of Halo's best maps.

Maps are on my hard drive. I booted up my Halo Reach. No new maps in the map list? Now I'm redownloading the maps :( I hope there is no problem, because I'm loading the maps over my main account(a german account) and my version of Reach is british :(

KevinRo

-Yeti said:
lybertyboy made it rain and gave a few lucky people codes for the Defiant Map Pack.

At least that's what I've gathered. :p

I did some twitter stalking and found out that was the case :p

darthbob

Hypertrooper said:
Maps are on my hard drive. I booted up my Halo Reach. No new maps in the map list? Now I'm redownloading the maps :( I hope there is no problem, because I'm loading the maps over my main account(a german account) and my version of Reach is british :(

I figured DLC was region locked.

Blacks Ops had a similar issue with their First Strike maps and German/USK players.

darthbob said:
I figured DLC was region locked.

Blacks Ops had a similar issue with their First Strike maps and German/USK players.
No that is not the case here. I asked my brother to give me his german version of Reach. Still no maps. Changed my account language from english to german. No maps. Changed my account country from Germany to america. No maps. But I was able to download the maps without problems.

Btw. the reason why the Black Ops maps are region locked is, because the maps has some forbidden symbols or the Zombie mode doesn't exist in the german version of BlackOps.

Hypertrooper said:
No that is not the case here. I asked my brother to give me his german version of Reach. Still no maps. Changed my account language from english to german. No maps. Changed my account country from Germany to america. No maps. But I was able to download the maps without problems.

Btw. the reason why the Black Ops maps are region locked is, because the maps has some forbidden symbols or the Zombie mode doesn't exist in the german version of BlackOps.

Hope you get it sorted - I'd be raging if I'd downloaded them and couldn't play. RAGING.

JonCha

Deputy Moonman said:
I gave Reach another chance. Played it for a few days. Now I'm done. Hate it with a passion. Cannot fathom what the dumbasses were thinking when they designed the game. I may even burn the copy of the disc and post of a video of it on youtube. Shit I may even burn the crappy ass statue that comes with the Legendary edition too, and the journal. Then I think I will microwave nuke the disc case.

Bungie got so caught up in making such a grand scale experience with campaign, firefight, and forge, that they forgot to nail down the most important part of the game: game play.

Armor lock as a cool method of defending yourself is one thing. Having it spam-able, last long enough to recover your shield, and drop other people's shield repeatedly so that armor lock can spam melee people to death is a fucking joke.

They made it 10 times easier for people to get away from gunfire with sprint, jetpacks, armor lock, invis, and bloom, and then they made normal weapons weak as shit. Combine those two things alone and you get a pile of shit ass.

But let's add even more power weapons and allow the assault rifle the ability to kill people from mid-distance quicker than you can kill with a needle rifle and battle rifle. Oh and let's make the pistol the biggest pussy weapon in halo history. Let's turn frag grenades into plasma grenades by making them gimpy as shit so that they never bounce.

I have another great idea. Let's make it so that pre-damage is completely negated when trying to melee people. Let's make it so that people have to flail around like snakes having sex, trying to melee each other twice instead of having a smooth and streamlined damage system. In fact, let's just make it so that nothing in the game makes any sense regarding damage. Let's make everything a crapshoot crapfest.

That should make everything juusssssstttt right.

I check the weekly update still, for reasons unknown to man. Halo has turned into a freaking Avon party. Let's dress up and see what cool pictures we can get this week. I can't believe one of my favorite game franchises of all time went princess maker and forgot its roots.

Spot on. These are all the reasons I'm taking a break from Reach at the moment.

Nuborn

The F&F Beta was the best time i've had on reach (well until the classic slayer playlist happens) not a single person used armor lock the way its used now. Didn't they even say that it was overpowered in a ViDoc?

Blueblur1 said:
Some of the you guys have the maps? How are they?

Yeah, where's our hands-on impressions hmm?

I'm so excited about Highlands, I keep daydreaming about how awesome it's going to be.

Also, can any comment on what the Forge Palletes are like on these maps? Anything new to play with, or is it just another rehash of the ForgeWorld stuff?

CyReN said:
Microsoft ExpertZone site wasn't secure enough so people could take their quiz for Halo Reach and get a beta code. I'm in their program legitimately (work retail) and got it through them too. I remember the site crashing a lot during that day and the following.

Me too! I found out about Expertzone through the Halo Reach exploit. I now get deals all the time because I actually work for one of the companies they support, so really I was never unlegit with the beta access. Tons of good deals I pity the people who have to pay full price for MS stuff.

Striker

I'm curious how Bungie will implement the FF map into the rotation. Weight it severely high for Firefight Arcade and Firefight Limited? If not, the only way to play it would be merely custom FF and Score Attack, or if you go into a search with 3+ friends and vote until it shows.

Havok

Halo: Reach |OT4| Weather Metaphors

You folks that got the maps should run a BTB game on Highlands and report back levels of awesomeness while I weep in the corner.

Keepthechange

Neo Member
Is there typically a resurgence in popularity once the new maps release ? Not to imply that the community is gone but theres usually only a couple hundred people in the objective matchmaking when i'm playing so i've been sticking to TS and BTB... got the game about a week ago and i'm loving it

wwm0nkey

Keepthechange said:
Is there typically a resurgence in popularity once the new maps release ? Not to imply that the community is gone but theres usually only a couple hundred people in the objective matchmaking when i'm playing so i've been sticking to TS and BTB... got the game about a week ago and i'm loving it
I dont think people will be flooding back in, that is mostly due to the price. Now say if the last map pack went free, then yeah a flood of people would probably come back.

Top Bottom