• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Lazslo

As someone who loves small, fine-print details- I would absolutely love to look over Bungie's contract with Activision. If they announce anything this summer and it's not at E3, Bungie must really wear the pants in their relationship with Acti. Shit, after ten years of MS- it must feel great not be controlled by anyone and still have the funds they need to make a kick-ass game. Well played Bungie.

Speaking of Kickass games, Back to BulletStorm.

Ken

So is Team 2 up for getting in some games, even if it's just matchmaking, tomorrow morning around 9 am PST.

So I just realized I haven't played Firefight in a long time. Anyone want to party up? I've heard too many cautionary tales about venturing into the playlist solo...

LosDaddie

Banned
OK, that Weekly was very easy :)

It was this method that I was finally able to do the glitch:
Trasher said:
I usually get it as close to the door as I can while driving, and then I will jump out and melee it in to make sure it's nice and snug up against the door..

Took about 10min total. I wish I had known this for the LASO challenge though.

Thanks, HaloGAF!

Booshka

Nutter said:
WTF

In other news, I came across this gem today, needless to say it brought back some good memories :O

Bonus Points to whoever can tell me where (location in game) its from without reading the comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jGHnEz80rI
Love this track, always reminds me of passing up the camo to kill the Hunters, then come back and pick it up. Makes it easier to run across the bridge and steal the Banshee before one of the Elites can. So good.

Ken

The Real Napsta said:
So what playlist is this "Temptation" in so I can avoid it like the plague?

BTB.

ad4672b3.jpg

Kuroyume

Banned
The Banshee is so underpowered in this game. A few shots from the DMR can bring it down. Bring back a stronger Banshee for Halo 4.

Kuroyume said:
The Banshee is so underpowered in this game. A few shots from the DMR can bring it down. Bring back a stronger Banshee for Halo 4.
Play a game without dmr's and snipers and tell me that again. I guarantee you will think differently. Its not the banshee is underpowered, its human weapons are overpowered against vehicles, especially the sniper.

Its hard as fuck to take out a good Banshee player. The thing basically has infinite loop fuel. Its bullshit, you should get two loops and then a cooldown period before you can loop again.

We were up by about 25 against that group of really high level BTB players tonight on Temptation and when it hit blackscreen and they got 2 Banshees up in the air it was all tied up by the time we got those Banshees down...Thats fucked up...We barely pulled that win off...

Yes you can snipe the Banshee down, and I LOVE that, what the fuck would take the Banshee out if it couldn't be brought down by Snipe and DMR? Nothing it would run rampages everytime.

Vehicles always and forever need to be high risk and high reward, its the only way they aren't overpowered.

The Spartan Laser was great no matter what anyone says because it easily took a vehicle out, and that was very necessary.

Booshka

xxjuicesxx said:
Its hard as fuck to take out a good Banshee player. The thing basically has infinite loop fuel. Its bullshit, you should get two loops and then a cooldown period before you can loop again.

We were up by about 25 against that group of really high level BTB players tonight on Temptation and when it hit blackscreen and they got 2 Banshees up in the air it was all tied up by the time we got those Banshees down...Thats fucked up...We barely pulled that win off...

Yes you can snipe the Banshee down, and I LOVE that, what the fuck would take the Banshee out if it couldn't be brought down by Snipe and DMR? Nothing it would run rampages everytime.

Vehicles always and forever need to be high risk and high reward, its the only way they aren't overpowered.

The Spartan Laser was great no matter what anyone says because it easily took a vehicle out, and that was very necessary.
It'd be great if shooting Bombs and performing Aerial Maneuvers took away some kind of energy/fuel and if you empty the energy the Banshee would stall. The stall would essentially have the effects of an EMP. Make it more of a risk to flip around and abuse bombs.

Ramirez said:
Tempest and A9 were one of the choices in probably 50% of our matches last night...

This is what's the most puzzling to me is that some users report that DLC comes up for them frequently, while others (such as myself) have such rare experiences with DLC in this game that outside of a DLC playlist, I honestly never expect to play a DLC map again as long as I play Reach.

What the hell is this Temptation map you guys speak of? Also, why are banshees even in multiplayer anymore? They are obviously broken as shit.

No June update details in the BWU?!?! I would have bet my life that we would get some details today.

GhaleonEB said:
I can't be the only one that smiled at CA making a game initialed CA.

Dabbled in Squad Slayer tonight. It's alright. No armor lock makes a pretty big difference in my enjoyment of MP.
I can't be the only one who smiled at, "She is coming..."

Booshka

GhaleonEB said:
I can't be the only one that smiled at CA making a game initialed CA.

Dabbled in Squad Slayer tonight. It's alright. No armor lock makes a pretty big difference in my enjoyment of MP.
Just got a Rampage Perfection in that playlist, it was against awful players and I had sword for half the game, but hey.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=624605807&player=Booshka
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=18125782&player=Booshka

Striker

xxjuicesxx said:
That's what the lock-on Rockets are for, and I still don't know why they had the necessary need of changing that all up; changing the way certain vehicles played, or the anti-vehicular weaponry, etc. The Banshee was not under, nor overpowered in Halo 2, and the Rockets fit in perfectly with it. You can't dodge a laser blast, only hope to get behind a large building or hope the shooter hits a tree. Also helped by SMGs wrecked the shit out of it if they tried coming too close, which is how it should be.

Ramirez

wwm0nkey said:
I never saw the point of the laser myself, Rockets in Halo 2 where absolute perfection.

wat, no. Fast moving rockets with no lock on is perfection, lock on is a crutch for scrubs.

Everyone in the tourney remember to eat your Wheaties this morning. ;)

Striker

Ramirez said:
wat, no. Fast moving rockets with no lock on is perfection, lock on is a crutch for scrubs.
For aerial vehicles, what do you do? It gave an audio warning of a lock-on, and evasive maneuvers, if timed appropriately, were the key to dodging those. You couldn't do those with a Spartan Laser. I still can't understand why Bungie decided to have all three on Halo 3: Rockets, Missile Pod, and Laser. Talk about overdose.

With the speed and maneuverability the vehicles in Halo 2 had, the rockets worked perfectly. The splash damage wasn't nearly as huge as it is in Halo 3/Reach, and they traveled with a perfect acceleration to counter against the vehicles, both air and ground.

wwm0nkey

Striker said:
For aerial vehicles, what do you do? It gave an audio warning of a lock-on, and evasive maneuvers, if timed appropriately, were the key to dodging those. You couldn't do those with a Spartan Laser. I still can't understand why Bungie decided to have all three on Halo 3: Rockets, Missile Pod, and Laser. Talk about overdose.

With the speed and maneuverability the vehicles in Halo 2 had, the rockets worked perfectly. The splash damage wasn't nearly as huge as it is in Halo 3/Reach, and they traveled with a perfect acceleration to counter against the vehicles, both air and ground.
Pretty much this.

Tawpgun

Eh, I think its really only the banshee bomb that is a big problem. I remember the H3 banshee actually shot plasma bolts from time to time. Amazing, right?

The problem last night was that temptations has far too much cover and the banshee is OP on maps like this, whereas on something like Hemo, its fine. DMR fire will bring it down.

Honestly, I think the weapon balance between the banshee and infantry was perfect in H2 and H3. In H3 the banshee was fast, maneuverable, and very balanced with the lock on rockets and some team BR fire. In Halo 3 the banshee got a big buff, but we also added Power Drain, Plasma Pistol, Missle Pod, and Laser. Some concentrated fire could scare it off.

Hell, even in CE it was fine. On Halo PC I used to do what I called the banshee rodeo, where I would get an optional plasma rifle, and a shotgun, and keep dodging its splatters like shotgunning. It would take like 3-4 shots to bring it down.

But in Reach it feels terrible. The banshee is either weak as hell, or too powerful depending on the map. The vehicle health model makes it feel like paper mache on Hemo, and on Temptation and to an extent Paradiso, it feels like a monster with that banshee bomb.

I don't really like Vehicle balance in Reach at all anyway.

But I agree with Halo 2 balance the most. We only needed rockets, and we even had those rocket ammo cases around (bring those baaaaack) And some BR fire could scare it away. Halo 3 was balanced but only because they added a fuckton of anti-vehicle weaponry.

Mojo said:
^ I agree. Also remove Utopie and make BTB DLC required so I can play some of the good maps for once

This really really needs to happen for me to consider going back to the playlist I was so fond of in Halo 3.

kylej

Banned
got a KF/Assist Spree at the same time last night in Arena

reach_18131438_Full.jpg

Pretty sure that's like my 3rd assist spree ever. Felt good, man.

So, I went looking for another B.O.B. to see if he had the same weird scrolling text/whatever on the helmet, and lo and behold.

Cool stuff, Bungie.

And good luck in the tourney, gentlemen. I'll be on vacation all next week in Spokane, so try and get along without me. :lol

Hey You

Hitmonchan107 said:
Did I post the LinkedIn employee resume earlier? The one that said "unannounced project, open world, action title"?

Also, this explains all of the hires CA made from the DC Universe Online crew.

It's weird that Certain Affinity will be making a Microsoft-exclusive title, though.
Probably because they have a really good relationship with them.

Magners League - Munster v. Leinster (Rugby)
Champions League Final (soccer)

And the community tourney all in one day? Rest my beating heart :p

Top Bottom