• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
wwm0nkey said:
Still kind of confused as to why we are getting the announcement in July and not next month at the biggest industry event.

Why would you assume it's going to be a big announcement?

At E3, unless your game is featured in one of the big three conferences, chances are it's get overshadowed by everything else at that show. Lots of people competing for time and web pages and and clicks and exclusives. Bungie Day is a day for the fans and Bungie and if they choose to reveal anything on that day, it's clear what kind of message they are sending out.

All in all, don't be setting your expectations too high unless explicitly told to otherwise.

I'd be happy with a name confirmation and some basic outlining details.

wwm0nkey

Dani said:
Why would you assume it's going to be a big announcement?

At E3, unless your game is featured in one of the big three conferences, chances are it's get overshadowed by everything else at that show. Lots of people competing for time and web pages and and clicks and exclusives. Bungie Day is a day for the fans and Bungie and if they choose to reveal anything on that day, it's clear what kind of message they are sending out.

All in all, don't be setting your expectations too high unless explicitly told to otherwise.

I'd be happy with a name confirmation and some basic outlining details.
I really need to stop doing these 2 things lol

I figured a newly independent studio with a dedicated, massive fan base would enjoy any opportunity to give E3 the cold shoulder and announce a new franchise on their own holiday.

neoism

Q. I wasn’t hurting anyone! Why do you care if I construct depressingly elaborate systems that allow me to earn Credits while I’m busy re-watching my Twilight DVDs?

A. I’m going to be right back with your answer in just a bit. While I’m away, please stare at the following image for approximately fifteen minutes. Repeat each time you feel the urge to “play” some Firefight.

lololol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Hitmonchan107 said:
Because it's not going to be a game.
65s5dg.jpg

MrBig said:
Reach is the easiest campaign on legendary. I beat just around the first week it came out, in just two sittings. H1 took me a few months. I never actually finished H2. H3 was a week or two.

I don't think that really means anything, though, because you've been playing Halo games for years. Halo 1 would have been harder fresh because you weren't used to Halo gameplay. Pop Halo 1 in now, and it's a cakewalk on Legendary outside of a few sections. I usually have to put artificial restrictions and conditions on myself to keep it interesting.

Fuuuuccckkk the first "defend the crashsite" section on Halo, though. I can NEVER get though that section with my Marines alive.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ok I'm on. Anyone playing in the tournament hit me up. This will be my only time to practice because I'm working tomorrow.

vhfive

Thagomizer said:
I don't think that really means anything, though, because you've been playing Halo games for years. Pop Halo 1 in now, and it's a cakewalk on Legendary outside of a few sections.
Pop Halo 2 in now, and it's like someone attached a vice to your balls and tightened it every time you died

vhfive said:
Pop Halo 2 in now, and it's like someone attached a vice to your balls and tightened it every time you died

Delta Halo and Regret (minus the actual boss fight) are still some of my favorite Campaign levels across all the games.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I played ODST last night and, uh, did Sage and Josh forget that their employer released ODST prior to Reach? As an ODST, you both walk faster and jump higher than a Spartan III in Reach. How does that work?

My God, ODST is a damn good game. That should've been Bungie's final Halo.

Nutter

Tashi0106 said:
Ok I'm on. Anyone playing in the tournament hit me up. This will be my only time to practice because I'm working tomorrow.
Get both teams to play a few games together before the tourney tomorrow.

Domino Theory said:
I played ODST last night and, uh, did Sage and Josh forget that their employer released ODST prior to Reach? As an ODST, you both walk faster and jump higher than a Spartan III in Reach. How does that work?

My God, ODST is a damn good game. That should've been Bungie's final Halo.
Nice to see some ODST loving here.

MrBig

Thagomizer said:
Delta Halo and Regret (minus the actual boss fight) are still some of my favorite Campaign levels across all the games.
Yes. I actually just played those earlier this morning.

Ken said:
So who thought putting 2 Banshees on Tempest was a good idea.
When did this happen? That would be absolutely terrible. Please tell me this is a joke

Ramirez

Dax01 said:
Ghaleon, I thought of the perfect transition so you can tell your wisdom teeth story at the end of your campaign.

"That is what I think of Reach's campaign.

Now let me address something that is near and dear to my heart, something that is (gasp!) not Bungie-Halo related. It is the story of the removal of my wisdom teeth. Now, back when I was a young whippersnapper..."

Also, BWU is up. Yay!

Be sure to lock your windows at night Ghaleon.

Yea Temptation was TERRIBLE. Didn't help that it was so laggy and there were so many banshees with unlimited maneuver stuff...Ughh the framerate got terrible.

Ken

MrBig said:
Yes. I actually just played those earlier this morning.

When did this happen? That would be absolutely terrible. Please tell me this is a joke
Don't vote for Temptation and hopefully you'll never know.

MrBig

Ken said:
Don't vote for Temptation and hopefully you'll never know.
Bungie removes banshees on Breakpoint. Bungie adds banshees to Tempest.

Of the two only one should ever have a hint of a flying vehicle, let alone two. The other shouldn't even have them as placeable objects in forge to remove the temptation.

Tunavi

Banned
Ken said:
bzW8ql.jpg
J2jBml.jpg

I fucking raged when I got skyjacked like this.

Oh and lag fucked me over again because when I re spawned after a host migration, I dropped to a suicide from the middle of no where.

At least we won.

zumphry

Banned
MrBig said:
Bungie removes banshees on Breakpoint. Bungie adds banshees to Tempest.

Of the two only one should ever have a hint of a flying vehicle, let alone two. The other shouldn't even have them as placeable objects in forge to remove the temptation.

Didn't Bungie say in the Noble videos that they tested out a Banshee on Tempest and it was either too overpowered, or didn't work well at all?

wtf

GhaleonEB said:
I think it's a mix of two things. The audience that was asking for Classic was relatively small, but vocal. And getting a true classic game isn't possible with Reach's core gameplay and the knobs Jeremiah has available. I should in theory love Classic but for me it was a worst of all cases sort of thing, with thermonuclear grenades and added speed that made bloom even harder to manage. It doesn't feel anything like past Halo games to me.

I admire the effort that went into it, but in the end I don't think the goal is really achievable.

The classic playlist suffers for being all forge remakes of Halo 1 and 2 maps, classic settings with Reach maps seems to play fine.

My problem is, why play team classic when I can just play Halo 3? Classic settings still has aweful nades and bloom lol.

The classic playlist done by Dani could work well I think. I actually enjoyed classic settings during the Gaf hype. :p The online implimentation is pretty bad though.

EDIT: Woah you guys are weird for hating on the Banshee, thing is too fun NOT to be on Tempest. :p I want to check that variant out.

Havok

Ken said:
Wait...this is a thing that exists?

Jesus. Who makes these decisions and why is there no one there to stop them?

Honestly, I can't believe this when the reason for basic damn fixes taking months to go out is 'well we have an extensive testing process to go through' and then shit like this gets in, no problem. Not to mention the number of game-breaking map flaws. One way or the other, the process is broken.

kylej

Banned
will be on after Bruins game unless I have a heart attack and die in which case juices can have my Xbox and Ram my gunnars

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
I nearly rage quit. Sorry about the profanity guys.

FUCKIN' THING SUCKS.
There should be only one and it should be in the middle. That way it gets naded to death before anyone touches it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Veto Temptation and two other maps

Get nothing but Temptation.

ZwYbd.png

That shitty map with Evade and Banshees fuck all everywhere.

Definitive Halo, guys.

Tawpgun

Plywood said:
Veto Temptation and two other maps

Get nothing but Temptation.

ZwYbd.png

That shitty map with Evade and Banshees fuck all everywhere.

Definitive Halo, guys.

I was crying. Couldn't tell if it was laughter or sadness.

Kujo

I hate the Banshee power shot, way overpowered. I spawned into one 3 times in a single match last night on that Paradiso remix shit map, gg spawn points.

I unload a whole DMR clip on one and the Banshee just shoots once 5 feet away and gets me. DMR damage against them need to be increased or the power shot damage needs to be decreased (or taken out). I got a rampage with it and each time I got someone I felt like an asshole

Striker

Ramirez said:
Welcome to Reach, Six.
More like:

Love, Bungie

Actually reminds me of "Heavies" on Standoff. Snipers, Gauss hogs, Banshee, lasers everywhere, but I forgot, people scarfed that shit up.

Ken

Mojo said:
I hate the Banshee power shot, way overpowered. I spawned into one 3 times in a single match last night on that Paradiso remix shit map, gg spawn points.

I unload a whole DMR clip on one and the Banshee just shoots once 5 feet away and gets me. DMR damage against them need to be increased or the power shot damage needs to be decreased (or taken out). I got a rampage with it and each time I got someone I felt like an asshole
The Banshee needs a cool down on it's flip maneuver, less energy, and a longer cool down on its fuel rod cannon.

Or they can just remove it because it's the only reason why some people enter BTB and Invasion: get the Banshee and farm kills.

Havok

Tunavi said:
Assault on the control room, inside the hallways?
Yep, where you fight the invis elites, with the camo on the far side of the second or third pillar in the hallway. I feel like I could probably draw a map of most Halo CE levels with spawn locations and music triggers, even to this day.

P.S. 343 or Marty please make a return to the awesome synth stuff that Halo 1 had.

Top Bottom