• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Falagard

squidhands said:
Found something pretty cool about the B.O.B.s that I've never seen before: there's scrolling text (or something) on their helmets.

jf9gdz.jpg

That's a slightly messed up reflection of the force field / shield around the Spire.

GhaleonEB said:

Get comfy, it's a long one.

This took two months to write. Sort of weird to see it done. Enjoy. :)

Wow that is long. I'll read the whole thing later when I have time, but just from scrolling through I saw the pie graph about the weekly challenges. I hate that there have been more weekly's in campaign than multiplayer and WAY more than in firefight.

kylej

Banned
hahahaha wow just got crushed by two kids jetpacking around The Cage. holy shit Bungie. What has Halo turned into.

FRANKIE SAVE US

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Genesis Knight said:
Wut? You crazy son.
Seriously, how do you figure?

All the DLC Maps they were charging for at the time and that campaign with celebrity casting was worth it.

GhaleonEB said:

Heading towards bed now, but I know what I'll be reading during my lunch break tomorrow. ;)

kylej said:
hahahaha wow just got crushed by two kids jetpacking around The Cage. holy shit Bungie. What has Halo turned into.

FRANKIE SAVE US
I really love how the jetpack looks/sounds/feels in Reach. The movement is very natural and it's great fun to use.

I just wish it was a pickup only. I absolutely hate what it does to map design when everyone can spawn with one in vanilla Reach.

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to make sure I had this right (working on a huge excel file right now).

Tashi, let me know if any of this is wrong.
Code:
[B][U]Tournament:[/U][/B]

[I]Team 1:[/I]
TJ NutterB	Captain
TJ Ram	
TJ Trasher	
Xenolock	
Oml3t	
Thermight	

[I]Team 2:[/I]
NYSTOFMIND23	Captain
AnArmorLockHero	
jelyk	
Chocopolka	
Tawpgun	
Dcot	

[I]Super Team:[/I]
[s]ncsuDuncan[/s] ???
[s]Hitmonchan107[/s] ???
[s]Louis Wu[/s] ???
[s]Urk[/s] ???
[s]OuterWorldVoice[/s] [s]LybertyBoy[/s] ???
[s]Lake Minnetonka[/s] ???

[B][U]Customs:[/U][/B]	

A27 STARWOLF	
Oozer3993	
the henery	
Laughtrey	
LoopOfHenle	
PNut d kidnaper	
HiredN00bs	
dax01	
LaszIo	
Nintony 64	
[s]GhaleonEB[/s]
Hydranockz	
[s]Heyy Youu	[/s]
bobs99	
Booshka	
Hypertrooper	
Mr Kwatz	
GANNONSMASH	
vhfive
Sikamikanico, you're playing on other rosters, right? Let me know if not.

Dani said:
Yep but so is Bagel. So we cant get in any Customs action?
Thanks, edited.
You can definitely play Customs, just not until your tournament community has lost and been eliminated from the bracket. I was compiling a list of people that were ONLY going to play customs. No worries.

Tashi0106 said:
Looks good Duncan. Do you need the Super team right now?
Super team just pulls members from Team 1 and Team 2, right?

Then no, I don't really need that at all.

I think I have the master roster compiled... it's a beast. I'll count it up and give statistics tomorrow. Bedtime for now.

GhaleonEB said:
When do the customs take place?
Should be happening at the same time as the tournament, so starting at 7pm.

I think right now we have 96 gamertags that are only interested in customs, so there are a lot of people hoping to join but not an unmanageable number. Especially if we can get multiple lobbies going.

I was kinda surprised, I figured the Customs rosters would be longer for every community, but many only submitted a tournament roster (and mentioned they might want to play customs if/when they lose).
GhaleonEB said:
I meant, what day?
Ah, lol. Sorry.

It's happening this Saturday (May 28) at 7pm EST.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ncsuDuncan said:
Super team just pulls members from Team 1 and Team 2, right?

Then no, I don't really need that at all.

I think I have the master roster compiled... it's a beast. I'll count it up and give statistics tomorrow. Bedtime for now.
Ok cool

ncsuDuncan said:
I think right now we have 96 gamertags that are only interested in customs, so there are a lot of people hoping to join but not an unmanageable number. Especially if we can get multiple lobbies going.
I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to make that happen.

I just need to find my chapstick.

GhaleonEB

ncsuDuncan said:
It's happening this Saturday (May 28) at 7pm EST.
Oh. For some reason I thought it was another weekend. D'oh.

This weekend is my anniversary with my wife, and we're away from home on vacation. So please take me off the customs list with my apologies.

Also, the Challenge article is now split into five even, logical parts, so hopefully it's not so intimidating and some stopping points are in place for those who don't or can't read it all at once.

Booshka

I hope TournieGAF screams every possible call-out like the God Squad
Instinct
at this LAN. Even if it is just a cacophony of nonsense, it would be funny to hear.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Booshka said:
I hope TournieGAF screams every possible call-out like the God Squad
Instinct
at this LAN. Even if it is just a cacophony of nonsense, it would be funny to hear.
You have my sword.

zumphry

Banned
So, had an amusing night in Firefight...ran into a kid that sounded like he was younger than Dax who wouldn't shut up about STRATEGYIESZ to kill Hunters and Elites (and pretty much anything else). That's always fun...

Also apparently broke this Elite's AI in this Score Attack game, somehow. Productive night, this.

feel

kylej said:

FRANKIE SAVE US
Frankie with the last minute shoulder tap at the Microsoft E3 keynote. Please please please.

Letters said:
Frankie with the last minute shoulder tap at the Microsoft E3 keynote. Please please please.
Damn you, Letters. Just thinking about E3 gave me the chubbs.

If anyone is feeling constrained by the bounds of societal pressure, trying to do too much in too short a time, here's some comforting words. And in a time when technology makes us more connected than ever, we've never been so alone. Take the time to enjoy the people around you. I haven't been doing that lately.

stephen08

GhaleonEB said:

Very interesting article Ghaleon. I just glanced over the figures for now but I'm definitely reading it more thoroughly when I'm not so tired.

Ramirez

Win streak extends to 44 (I wish Bnet counted past 25 like the beta)! The people in Squad Slayer are so awful, I really thought the big party restrictions would make that a pretty competitive playlist...

Booties

Banned
Ramirez said:
Win streak extends to 44 (I wish Bnet counted past 25 like the beta)! The people in Squad Slayer are so awful, I really thought the big party restrictions would make that a pretty competitive playlist...

I just came to talk about Squad Slayer. Played with EazyB, nutter and ram tonight and it was just wape after wape. Same with objective. It makes no sense, but I like it. I won 26 straight tonight, 33-2 on the whole. Feel almost as good as I was at halo 3 a few years ago.

ncsuDuncan said:
Should be happening at the same time as the tournament, so starting at 7pm.

I was kinda surprised, I figured the Customs rosters would be longer for every community, but many only submitted a tournament roster (and mentioned they might want to play customs if/when they lose).
You guys need to trim that down to...just GAF, really.

Also, I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed today. Ugh.

Tunavi

Banned
I fucking love Squad Slayer. Imagine if they got rid of camo and jetpack, with 75% melee damage and 1 grenade starts. Believe.

I'm starting to really like Zealot, a lot more than before.
And grenades are pissing me off like no other lately.

Tunavi said:
I fucking love Squad Slayer. Imagine if they got rid of camo and jetpack, with 75% melee damage and 1 grenade starts. Believe.

I'm starting to really like Zealot, a lot more than before.
And grenades are pissing me off like no other lately.
I messaged you on XBL earlier. I'm thinking about pulling an all-nighter. I'm about an hour away from doing it without trying.

Also, I posted some really crazy things tonight. :lol

And people are emailing HBO complaining about their credit bans. Classic.

Striker

Tunavi said:
Just insert some CTF and Assault games, like 2-flag on Tempest, Anchor 9, or Neutral Bomb, etc.

Straight Slayer to me gets stale fairly fast. Doesn't help they have three full built Slayer playlists, two of which are just one more teammate and one less AA alike.

The melee is doubtful to change. Though to be honest I haven't gotten annoyed so much at double melee as I did to Halo 3's constant and berating simultaneous beatdowns.

MrBig

So I have been taking quite the break from actually playing halo. Playing a single game in MM here and there for the last couple months. Today I'm going to see if I can still do a marathon. And then between games I will be reading Ghal's challenge article.

If anyone else is on just swing me an invite.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gonna have a short day at work today so I'll be playing lots o' Halo. Probably 3pm Eastern when I start.

Falagard said:
That's a slightly messed up reflection of the force field / shield around the Spire.
No way. The pattern is far too distinct to be coming from the shield, but I'll investigate further by looking at some other B.O.B.s.

GhaleonEB said:

mother of god.gif

I'll be parsing this over the weekend from a remote mountain escape. 3 day weekends ftw. I expect vintage GhaleonEB analysis and having already spotted 2 graphs from a quick glance at the first page, disappointment is doubtful. Thanks for putting in the time and devoting such effort for the community's
my
benefit.

About the tournament stream: how are we going to watch team one dong undefeated through the entire bracket? Answer me that!!! Suffice to say that team 2 will be just as dominant I have no doubt, but it'd be nice to watch the TJs+ as well :)

Crucio

The Real Napsta said:
I just got the newest OXM in the mail. They tease the CE remake again. Saying that "on 11/15/11" we'll be playing "the anniversary".
Great! Now could you quote that in context?

Karl2177

Genesis Knight said:
The "crystal ball" section:

"The Ball has talked about November 15 before, but now it displays the following message: On 11/15/11, play the Anniversary."
Wouldn't be surprised if they got that by watching this thread.

Crucio

Genesis Knight said:
The "crystal ball" section:

"The Ball has talked about November 15 before, but now it displays the following message: On 11/15/11, play the Anniversary."
Interesting. This certainly raises hope. However, crystal balls have often been nothing but, crystal. We will see!

Top Bottom