• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

stephen08

Ramirez said:
Will Noobs and Stephen be there?

Also, you never answered my post from yesterday where I asked if you were mocking me. ;)
Nope, I do what I can to avoid playing with individuals such as yourself. :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Don't think I've ever bothered with this.

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
Nope.
What country are you posting from and what's your current age.
Northern Ireland and 24.
At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
No idea and Halo CE.
For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
Years.
What's your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you're not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
ODST and Halo 3.
Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
Can't be bothered to check.
AR or BR?
Needler
Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Blood Gulch. None. Valhalla.
Least hated Reach mp map.
Highlands.
Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB.
Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Competitive multiplayer.
Games completed on solo Legendary.
ODST and Reach.
Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
Nope.
What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Silent Cartographer, Uplift Reserve, The Ark
Favorite Reach playlists.
Defiant Playlist (RIP)
Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Does ownership of a Frankie XXX paysite count?
Opinion on reticule bloom.
Burn it.
Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.
Mistake. Sprint.
Why are you a Halo fan?
I'm a Halo fan.
Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
Myself because I'm such an egotistical twat.
Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
Fancy some discount price Frankie erotica?

senador

Banned
Louis Wu said:
Fuck you. I'm 16.

Well, maybe I'm coming up on my 30th anniversary of that birthday.

AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT, IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU MEDDLING KIDS!

You only pulled the average up by 1, now at 25. Its closer to my age of 26 anyway so that's good.

:)

Hey You

No
Canada and 18
14 and Halo 3

Just before ODST released
What's your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? ODST and Halo Reach

I believe 36 in SWAT
AR or BR?
BR
Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3
None,Zanzibar,Avalanche
Highlands
Do you prefer BTB or MLG?
Big Team
Competitive multiplayer
None
If you want me to be.
LNOS,Uplift Reserve
Team Objective, Flagstravganze,Action Sack, Living Dead
None, I need some material!
Wont care if it gets removed, won't care if it says
A nice addition to Halo, but shouldn't be in the main Halo games and Armor Lock FTW.
Why are you a Halo fan?
I can only list one?
we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
Fancy some discount price Frankie erotica?

All panels related to Halo (or people that work on Halo, or what I assume will be Halo music):

Halo: Anniversary
Pegasus Theatre
Friday 10:00am - 11:00am
The team responsible for the 2011 reimagining of the classic Xbox title peel back the cover on the process behind bringing Halo: Anniversary to gamers on the 10th anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved.
Panelists include: Dan Ayoub [Executive Producer], Dennis Ries [Producer], Frank O'Connor [Franchise Development Director], Kevin Grace [Franchise Manager]

Rooster Teeth
Main Theatre
Friday 1:00pm - 2:00pm
You are cordially invited to attend a panel of highbrow entertainment and sophisticated revelry. Join the Rooster Teeth guys and girls as they show off never before seen videos from Red vs. Blue, RT Shorts and a few other surprises. Consistently rated the "Most Entertaining" panel in its theater during its time slot, the Rooster Teeth showcase is an absolute don't-miss experience. Like being born and eating food. It really is that important; it will change every single aspect of your life, even the parts that you were cool with. Umm... this is starting to sound a little desperate now, so we're just going to stop typing this.

Halo Universe
Pegasus Theatre
Friday 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Over the past decade Halo has touched millions of people around the world. Come be a part of the 10th anniversary celebration as we welcome some of the people who helped bring the universe to life. Panelists include Franchise Development Director Frank O'Connor, Franchise Manager Kevin Grace, Pete Stacker (Captain Jacob Keyes), Tim Dadabo (343 Guilty Spark), and Steve Downes (Master Chief).

Can Mommy & Daddy Come Over to Play? - The Truth About Being a Gamer Parent
Raven Theatre
Friday 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Can I please play for just a little bit longer?" This is a familiar sentence uttered in households around the country. But what if it's the PARENTS saying that and not the kids? Does having kids REALLY change your life THAT much? And what if video games ARE your job? How do you balance both? Come join our panel of precocious parents as we share our stories of being gamer parents and how we learned that having kids doesn't mean the games have to stop. Being a parent just means we've reached a whole new level of gameplay. (Plus, kids mean we have built-in co-op players!) Our Gamer Parent panel will include: Jeff Green of PopCap Games, Justin Korthof of Robot Entertainment, Jessica Shea of 343i & others with Stephanie Bayer of Microsoft Game Studios moderating.
Panelists include: Jessica Shea [Community Manager, 343i], Justin Korthof [Community Manager, Robot Entertainment], Jeff Green [Director of Editorial & Social Media, PopCap Games], Stephanie Bayer [Customer Engagement Lead, PopCap Games], Jamileh Delcambre [Free Agent of Awesome, Underemployed], Christa Charter [Freelance Marketing/Community Manager]

Friday Night Concerts
Main Theatre
Friday 8:30pm - 1:30am
Break out your cell phone and handheld gaming screens and get ready to rock out to the Video Game Orchestra, MC Frontalot, Metroid Metal, and the Minibosses.

Note: If you don't make it in, DON'T PANIC...the concerts will be streamed into Wolfman Theatre.

Halo 4
Main Theatre
Sunday 10:00am - 11:00am
Here is your first chance to see and hear from the 343 Industries team that is creating the exciting next chapter in Master Chief's heroic story. Be there as we kick off the next 10 years of Halo!
Panelists include: Frank O'Connor [Franchise Development Director, 343 Industries], Josh Holmes [Creative Director, 343 Industries], Kiki Wolfkill [Executive Producer, 343 Industries], Kenneth Scott [Sr. Art Director, 343 Industries], Sotaro Tojima [Audio Director, 343 Industries]

MrBig

classic.jpg

Tomorrow at 8pm EST (20:00 GMT-5)

Send a message to: Mr Kwatz

Here's a tentative list I've organized
Code:
H1 Chillout - FFA Oddball
H1 Hang 'Em High - Multiflag
H1 Sidewinder - Team Slayer
H2 Beaver Creak - Multiflag
H2 Turf - 3 Plots
H2 Headlong (spiritual successor) - 1 Flag
H2 Sanctuary - Team Slayer
H2 Ivory Tower (Reflection) - 1 Bomb
H2 Zanzibar - 1 Flag
H3 Gaurdian - Oddball
H3 Citadel - Team Slayer

Gametypes will have classic movement, no AAs, 3 hit melee, DMR/AR starts, everything else default.

Steelyuhas said:
Sounds awesome.

What Sanctuary will you be using? I can recommend one if need be. H2 weapon/power up spawns on Reflection I assume?
It's by Mac xL
pretty good remake and stable framerate

I'll be loading up H2 to look at all the weapon spawns of Ivory, yes.

Bread

Banned
I may have done this already...eh who cares
Nope
USA, 21
Halo CE, age 11. Lifelong status.
About a year.
What's your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer?
Favorite campaign is probably Halo 1, but I might be a little biased due to nostalgia. My favorite multiplayer is definitely Halo 2, it's what got me on XBL in the first place, and 7 years later I'm still loving it.
48 in Team Slayer.
AR or BR?
BR
Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3
Halo CE: Hang Em High (cliche I know). Halo 2: this is a tough one, all the maps hold a special place in my heart. I'll have to say it's a tie between Lockout and Ascension. Halo 3: The Pit.
(Arena) Zealot <3333333
Do you prefer BTB or MLG?
MLG, but I don't play it much. If it had an Arena-like ranking system I would play it more.
Competitive multiplayer
Halo 1 and 3 (coop for 3)
No, but EazyB out DMR'd me once and I cried.
Silent Cartographer, nothing else comes close.
I mostly play Arena because I'm a rank whore.
Just one Mister Chief picture where he is teabagging Tunavi.
Remove please, I have been killed too many times because of this crap.
Don't like em, just use sprint.
Why are you a Halo fan?
It's the only game on the 360 that takes skill to play, and it's so rewarding to out DMR/BR/whatever people. Halo will always be my favorite multiplayer FPS, and I can't wait to buy CEA and Halo 4.

Woorloog

Banned
/facedesk
I'd like to play in HaloGAF customs but that time is a bit prohibitive. 4pm here... I tend to be (stupidly) awake still but playing then? I don't think i'd be able to hit people even with a rocket launcher.
I suppose there's no Euro-HaloGAF customs ever.
Besides, that "playlist" looks good. Just... why no more gravity?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ncsuDuncan said:
Halo 4
Main Theatre
Here is your first chance to see and hear from the 343 Industries team that is creating the exciting next chapter in Master Chief's heroic story. Be there as we kick off the next 10 years of Halo!
Panelists include: Frank O'Connor [Franchise Development Director, 343 Industries], Josh Holmes [Creative Director, 343 Industries], Kiki Wolfkill [Executive Producer, 343 Industries], Kenneth Scott [Sr. Art Director, 343 Industries], Sotaro Tojima [Audio Director, 343 Industries]
Holy shit, Halo 4 has an entire panel to itself?!

I'm about to burst with excitement now, haha. I need to restrain my hype before I get carried away... But damn, that's good news.

Tha Robbertster said:
Will there be a stream from pax or something like that? Can't wait for the TU/Halo 4 details.
I think IGN will have one, and yours truly will be fighting the sleep-in demons to fight for a near-front-row stream to both the Anniversary and the Halo 4 panels.

I might be SOL on the Universe panel.

GhaleonEB

I'll be in line for the Halo 4 panel the moment the doors open on Sunday. Lines for Halo panels were typically the longest at each PAX I've been to. Be there early or read about it on the interwebz.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I think IGN will have one, and yours truly will be fighting the sleep-in demons to fight for a near-front-row stream.

Awesome! I'll certainly stay up till whatever time it happens. Hell, I stayed up till 4 a.m. only for the first Reach footage during the VGA awards.

GhaleonEB said:
I'll be in line for the Halo 4 panel the moment the doors open on Sunday. Lines for Halo panels were typically the longest at each PAX I've been to. Be there early or read about it on the interwebz.
Same here. The Anniversary panel on Friday is going to be absolutely PACKED.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I might be SOL on the Universe panel.
Why do you say that?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So, what do you all think we'll be seeing at the Halo 4 panel?

First in-game footage? Discussion of new play mechanics? Demonstration of new play mechanics? :-O

Edit: First info on the new world / enemies?

ncsuDuncan said:
Why do you say that?
Does anyone come around to get the people from the previous panel out of the theater? If so, I'll have a chance at a better view. (I heard that was an issue at SDCC.)

When I said SOL, I meant for a great view of the panel.

I picked up a little Canon camcorder at The Alligator, but I'm going to talk to a professor at UF who loans students video equipment. I want a high quality stream of the panels.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Does anyone come around to get the people from the previous panel out of the theater? If so, I'll have a chance at a better view. (I heard that was an issue at SDCC.)

When I said SOL, I meant for a great view of the panel.
Yes, for most of the panels the audience has to leave the theater at the end. There are a few exceptions, such as the keynote in the main theater leading straight into the Penny Arcade Q&A.

Planning to go to the Wil Wheaton panel?

ncsuDuncan said:
Yes, for most of the panels the audience has to leave the theater at the end. There are a few exceptions, such as the keynote in the main theater leading straight into the Penny Arcade Q&A.

Planning to go to the Wil Wheaton panel?
I wasn't, but if I should, I'll write it on the list.

(Pst. I have no idea who Wil Wheaton is. Wikipedia didn't tell me why I should care, either. Enlighten me, good sir.)

MrBig

Hitmonchan107 said:

(Pst. I have no idea who Wil Wheaton is. Wikipedia didn't tell me why I should care, either. Enlighten me, good sir.)
The ensign, Wesley, on Star Trek The Next Generation
the only good star trek series

Butane123

We doing this again?

No
USA, 24
15? Halo CE
First time I have ever signed in.
What's your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you're not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
ODST and Halo 2
51. All of them including social lists across 16 gamertags.
AR or BR?
Plasma Repeater
Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
Wizard, Headlong, Valhalla.
Breakpoint
Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
BTB
Multi
All except Halo 2... I think
*checks driver's license*
Silent Cartographer, The Ark, The Covenant, NMPD HQ, Long Night of Solace
Premium Battle, Squad Slayer
I only need one picture.
Indifferent
Can be fun with certain settings (Dino Blasters). Sprint.
Why are you a Halo fan?
Crap, I thought this was the Gran Turismo thread.

MrBig said:
The ensign, Wesley, on Star Trek The Next Generation
the only good star trek series

Have you watched Eureka lately? Hands down one of the best shows on Television, Will has been in the past couple episodes.

A27_StarWolf said:
Have you watched Eureka lately? Hands down one of the best shows on Television, Will has been in the past couple episodes.
I watched the pilot episode, spoke numerous praises of its greatness and never watched another episode.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We could be freaking out over baseless Halo 4 speculation, and you guys are talking about Wil Wheaton? SMH. :p

Hitmonchan107 said:

Oh, that's just the panel before the Halo Universe panel. I was confused by your earlier concern. If we're at the front of the Universe line we'll get the front row seats no problem.

And if you don't know who Wil Wheaton is, watch some Star Trek TNG or The Guild. I think he was on Big Bang Theory at one point too, but I've never watched that show.

omg.kittens said:
So, what do you all think we'll be seeing at the Halo 4 panel?

First in-game footage? Discussion of new play mechanics? Demonstration of new play mechanics? :-O

Edit: First info on the new world / enemies?

I'd be very surprised if we get gameplay footage. I suspect we'll see some concept art and maybe another cinematic trailer. But you never know...

Hitmonchan107 said:
I watched the pilot episode, spoke numerous praises of its greatness and never watched another episode.

You should really pick it up again, Its on netflix and right when the show starts to lose steam they give the show a good old kick in the pants, actually.

The change that happens in Eureka is by far the most drastic change in a television show I would think.

It's full of epic nerd jokes, including halo.

Kibbles

ncsuDuncan said:
All panels related to Halo (or people that work on Halo, or what I assume will be Halo music):

Halo: Anniversary
Pegasus Theatre
Friday 10:00am - 11:00am
The team responsible for the 2011 reimagining of the classic Xbox title peel back the cover on the process behind bringing Halo: Anniversary to gamers on the 10th anniversary of Halo: Combat Evolved.
Panelists include: Dan Ayoub [Executive Producer], Dennis Ries [Producer], Frank O'Connor [Franchise Development Director], Kevin Grace [Franchise Manager]

Rooster Teeth
Main Theatre
Friday 1:00pm - 2:00pm
You are cordially invited to attend a panel of highbrow entertainment and sophisticated revelry. Join the Rooster Teeth guys and girls as they show off never before seen videos from Red vs. Blue, RT Shorts and a few other surprises. Consistently rated the "Most Entertaining" panel in its theater during its time slot, the Rooster Teeth showcase is an absolute don't-miss experience. Like being born and eating food. It really is that important; it will change every single aspect of your life, even the parts that you were cool with. Umm... this is starting to sound a little desperate now, so we're just going to stop typing this.

Halo Universe
Pegasus Theatre
Friday 4:00pm - 5:00pm
Over the past decade Halo has touched millions of people around the world. Come be a part of the 10th anniversary celebration as we welcome some of the people who helped bring the universe to life. Panelists include Franchise Development Director Frank O'Connor, Franchise Manager Kevin Grace, Pete Stacker (Captain Jacob Keyes), Tim Dadabo (343 Guilty Spark), and Steve Downes (Master Chief).

Can Mommy & Daddy Come Over to Play? - The Truth About Being a Gamer Parent
Raven Theatre
Friday 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Can I please play for just a little bit longer?" This is a familiar sentence uttered in households around the country. But what if it's the PARENTS saying that and not the kids? Does having kids REALLY change your life THAT much? And what if video games ARE your job? How do you balance both? Come join our panel of precocious parents as we share our stories of being gamer parents and how we learned that having kids doesn't mean the games have to stop. Being a parent just means we've reached a whole new level of gameplay. (Plus, kids mean we have built-in co-op players!) Our Gamer Parent panel will include: Jeff Green of PopCap Games, Justin Korthof of Robot Entertainment, Jessica Shea of 343i & others with Stephanie Bayer of Microsoft Game Studios moderating.
Panelists include: Jessica Shea [Community Manager, 343i], Justin Korthof [Community Manager, Robot Entertainment], Jeff Green [Director of Editorial & Social Media, PopCap Games], Stephanie Bayer [Customer Engagement Lead, PopCap Games], Jamileh Delcambre [Free Agent of Awesome, Underemployed], Christa Charter [Freelance Marketing/Community Manager]

Friday Night Concerts
Main Theatre
Friday 8:30pm - 1:30am
Break out your cell phone and handheld gaming screens and get ready to rock out to the Video Game Orchestra, MC Frontalot, Metroid Metal, and the Minibosses.

Note: If you don't make it in, DON'T PANIC...the concerts will be streamed into Wolfman Theatre.

Halo 4
Main Theatre
Halo Halo everywhere, Halo Halo anywhere. Halo Halo, Halo 4, Halo Halo, Halo more.

Sorry. I can't wait, it's gun b good. HCEA. Title Update revealed. Halo 4 panel will probably have some sexy concept art and discussion and a new trailer. Umph.

I hope we'll get some context of what's happening. Maybe some info on what enemies we will be fighting.

They'll have to fill an hour so I think we can be sure we'll get some concrete information.

A27_StarWolf said:
You should really pick it up again, Its on netflix and right when the show starts to lose steam they give the show a good old kick in the pants, actually.

The change that happens in Eureka is by far the most drastic change in a television show I would think.

It's full of epic nerd jokes, including halo.
I'm going to have some free time after today, so I'll pick it up and give it watch.

Also, are we going to try to plan stuff for Saturday at PAX? I've been asked by a mod if I'd like to report on some Square-Enix stuff, but if we're going to be meeting up and the like on Saturday, I'd rather do that.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Also, are we going to try to plan stuff for Saturday? I've been asked by a mod if I'd like to report on some Square-Enix stuff, but if we're going to be meeting up and the like on Saturday, I'd rather do that.

Right now the only panels I'm interested in on Saturday are:

Irrational Games (Bioshock)
Unicorn Theatre
Saturday 2:00pm - 3:00pm

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Unicorn Theatre
Saturday 3:30pm - 4:30pm

BioWare Mythic - Content to be Announced
Pegasus Theatre
Saturday 5:30pm - 6:30pm

Of course, any HaloFest or HaloGAF event will take precedence. I wonder if HaloFest has any panels planned that aren't listed on the PAX page; I'm sure they have plenty of events on the schedule, I just wonder how many of them will be one-time affairs.

ncsuDuncan said:
Right now the only panels I'm interested in on Saturday are:

Irrational Games (Bioshock)
Unicorn Theatre
Saturday 2:00pm - 3:00pm

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Unicorn Theatre
Saturday 3:30pm - 4:30pm

BioWare Mythic - Content to be Announced
Pegasus Theatre
Saturday 5:30pm - 6:30pm

Of course, any HaloFest or HaloGAF event will take precedence. I wonder if HaloFest has any panels planned that aren't listed on the PAX page; I'm sure they have plenty of events on the schedule, I just wonder how many of them will be one-time affairs.
Damn. That's a fantastic schedule.

I guess I'll opt out of the Square-Enix thing.

feel

Butane123 said:
We doing this again?
If it means you guys getting it out of your system now, and then letting the newcomers have the spotlight when they arrive, sure.
Dax01 said:
The halogaf hivemind assumed direct control of my actions and forced me to put that in there. Sorry.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:
Damn. That's a fantastic schedule.

I guess I'll opt out of the Square-Enix thing.
Good idea actually, not worth betting on anything great from Square because they'll be saving any goods for TGS.

Threw in Halo: Reach for a few quick games of Premium Battle before heading out to the beach to catch some sun.

But I just had to get this off my chest, so I figured I would post it here where some people might agree, or at least appreciate it.

My GOD I fucking love this game.

Really interested to see if 343 Industries can top it. Because I haven't had as much sheer fun, or felt as satisfied with every element of shooter like this since... I don't know... maybe the days of playing Quake 3 in high-school.

I've been playing Halo since CE, but Reach is definitely the one I enjoy most.

Ok, I'm out.

kylej

Banned
The Antitype said:
Threw in Halo: Reach for a few quick games of Premium Battle before heading out to the beach to catch some sun.

But I just had to get this off my chest, so I figured I would post it here where some people might agree, or at least appreciate it.

My GOD I fucking love this game.

Really interested to see if 343 Industries can top it. Because I haven't had as much sheer fun, or felt as satisfied with every element of shooter like this since... I don't know... maybe the days of playing Quake 3 in high-school.

I've been playing Halo since CE, but Reach is definitely the one I enjoy most.

Ok, I'm out.

Sage's GAF account discovered.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ncsuDuncan said:
I'd be very surprised if we get gameplay footage. I suspect we'll see some concept art and maybe another cinematic trailer. But you never know...
A trailer would be fantastic. I'm hoping for some glimpse of the new threat. A brief teaser like the Elite at the end of the Halo Reach trailer seems feasible. Or some other big reveal.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:

How early? An hour before?

MrBig said:
It's by Mac xL
pretty good remake and stable framerate

I'll be loading up H2 to look at all the weapon spawns of Ivory, yes.

Mac's is good. There is an edited version with all the default H2 weapons on there if you don't want to do that yourself.

For Ivory Tower, I believe that OS spawns where the Reach shotgun spawns, and that Shotgun spawns on the pond side, at the top level, against the fountain. (Anyone confirm that, its been awhile since I played Ivory Tower?)

Top Bottom