• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

ncsuDuncan said:
HBO presents: HaloFest: The Movie - in Feel-around!
Each DVD copy will include a Smelloscope!

Now you too can experience the authentic PAX smell of strawberries and rancid ass!

tRSzf.jpg

Fry: "Hey, as long as you don't make me smell Uranus." *laughs*
Leela: "I don't get it."
Professor: "I'm sorry, Fry, but astronomers renamed Uranus in 2620 to end that stupid joke once and for all."
Fry: "Oh. What's it called now?"
Professor: "Urectum. Here, let me locate it for you."

And with that, I'm gone from my apartment. So long, you white-walled bastard!

Trasher

Good cleansing, bros.

Except for the last game... God I hate Countdown with radar. It plays like shit. Grenade fests galore.

Ramirez

stephen08 said:
Nope, I do what I can to avoid playing with individuals such as yourself. :)

Boy, you're no fun. If you want to draw your impressions of my character from HaloGAF posts, and some Bnet stats go ahead. I'm almost 100% certain though I've never offended anyone on here to a level as to where they wouldn't play with me. :p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm trying to find the official list of Active Playlists as of right but for the life of me I can't find them. Any help? I could have sworn they were easy to find.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
Boy, you're no fun. If you want to draw your impressions of my character from HaloGAF posts, and some Bnet stats go ahead. I'm almost 100% certain though I've never offended anyone on here to a level as to where they wouldn't play with me. :p
2md1k5i.jpg

Ramirez

Domino Theory said:
[IM]http://i54.tinypic.com/2md1k5i.jpg[/IMG]

Hmm, yea he probably wouldn't play with me, but I doubt he actually plays Reach, so we'll never know. :p

I forgot, thank you Booshka, I really thought you were being a smarty with that post, lol. The middle ground in Reach really does seem non existent.

Apparently he played tonight Nutter. ;)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dani said:
I'm trying to find the official list of Active Playlists as of right but for the life of me I can't find them. Any help? I could have sworn they were easy to find.
Eh, seems the page has been pulled.

Thermite

Ramirez said:

This post greatly offends me.

Ramirez

Thermite said:
This post greatly offends me.

So, I've got this great game called Halo: Reach, don't know if you've heard of it? I think you should retire as a professional TF2 player and come back.

Neutral assault. Zealot. Evade. 2 Swords.

What the fuck.

Anyway to lighten the mood here's a picture of me. Show your ugly mugs HaloGAF.

8ocMW.jpg

Tawpgun

Ramirez said:
Wow. I'm so offended right now. Removing you off my FL. Blocking you. Ignoring on GAF. Putting out restraining order.

FyreWulff

During my programming downtime, I'm trying to make a map for BTB or 6v6 that doesn't go above 3000$ budget with geometry. Based off the cost of most of the maps that shipped with FW:

4630$ - Asylum
2500$ - Hemorrhage
3130$ - Pinnacle

Challenge Mode: On

Booshka

Ramirez said:
Hmm, yea he probably wouldn't play with me, but I doubt he actually plays Reach, so we'll never know. :p

I forgot, thank you Booshka, I really thought you were being a smarty with that post, lol. The middle ground in Reach really does seem non existent.

Apparently he played tonight Nutter. ;)
Yea no problem, I think it has to do with the lack of ranks in Reach making people not try in general Matchmaking. Most people try in Arena and MLG, one because of Ranks and the other because it is a playlist born out of Pro Competition, but the other ones are a mish mash of casuals and people that just don't care to try. Of course there are a percentage of players that try in every playlist all the time, but I think because of Reach's rank (or lack thereof) has led to more people not trying and just fucking around to get their credits and complete challenges. Pretty sad, but that's what happens when you instill a rank system that promotes time played over talent.

I just wish people didn't have to see a Rank or numbers go up to try in Competitive MP, but that's not how online MP gaming works anymore.

Thermite

Ramirez said:
So, I've got this great game called Halo: Reach, don't know if you've heard of it? I think you should retire as a professional TF2 player and come back.

lololol

I may be back when dat title update hits.
If I don't have to deal with bloom

Dani said:

Yeah, like Plywood said, it looks like Bungie pulled the page. I assume/hope 343 will get one up eventually.

Tunavi said:
time for my daily fuck evade, fuck grenades post.

Fuck evade, fuck grenades.

Because I'm going to get on later and will think this immediately, I'll just quote your post now as my fuck evade and grenades post.

vhfive

Devolution said:
Anyway to lighten the mood here's a picture of me. Show your ugly mugs HaloGAF.
doing my best Bieber impression

25in6ys.jpg

Also getting on some Halo send vhfive a message and lets do this

Ramirez

Booshka said:
Yea no problem, I think it has to do with the lack of ranks in Reach making people not try in general Matchmaking. Most people try in Arena and MLG, one because of Ranks and the other because it is a playlist born out of Pro Competition, but the other ones are a mish mash of casuals and people that just don't care to try. Of course there are a percentage of players that try in every playlist all the time, but I think because of Reach's rank (or lack thereof) has led to more people not trying and just fucking around to get their credits and complete challenges. Pretty sad, but that's what happens when you instill a rank system that promotes time played over talent.

I just wish people didn't have to see a Rank or numbers go up to try in Competitive MP, but that's not how online MP gaming works anymore.

Yea, I agree in a way. I still don't understand why though in Halo 3 you could go into Social Slayer or Team Mythic and get really competitive close matches most of the time. I mean you still got the landslide victories every once in a while, but nothing close to Reach. It's not uncommon in Reach to win Squad games by 60-65+ points multiple times in a row, and I don't even have to be playing with my normal crew to see this happen, it's mind boggling really.

Maybe since Halo 3 had an actual ranking system that pretty much everyone tried, trueskill could get better matches. Most people don't seem to bother to get ranked in Arena, so maybe TS has a harder time compared to 3? No clue.

There's a pic of me somewhere in the old Halo 3 thread from PAX, just add a beard, there I am.

GhaleonEB

(I'll post a pic next time we get a recent one of me; I'm rocking a beard currently, my first, so all my other pics are dated.)

Two things.

I strongly dislike Hemhorrage, but I've found a role for myself that I can enjoy. As Dani is to the Revenant, I am to the Plasma Pistol. I just hang around the base and overcharge incoming vehicles. Revenants (sorry, Dani), Warthogs, whatever. I stay in my nest until a big red dot approaches, then make it stop moving thusly. Often I'm the only one play defense so I manage to thwart quite a few flag/bomb runs along the way. (I wander about often helping flag runs, but it's therapeutic to hang back for a while as well.)

Thing two is OT. Our household has a new member, of the reptile family. Aquired for my daughter for her birthday, Sammi is a young female bearded dragon.

She's adorable, which is not a term I normally associate with reptiles. She's also quite friendly and fun to play with, not to mention an explorer.

Into the great wide open.

GhaleonEB said:
Thing two is OT. Our household has a new member, of the reptile family. Aquired for my daughter for her birthday, Sammi is a young female bearded dragon.

She's adorable, which is not a term I normally associate with reptiles. She's also quite friendly and fun to play with, not to mention an explorer.

Into the great wide open.

I was assuming that Into the Great Wide Open referred to the reptile's ability transform itself into Tom Petty and walk out onto a desert plain.

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed that it can't do that.

Plywood said:
Since I'm at my parents place for the next couple of weeks, I decided to show my father the show. We just watched 'A Golden Crown' last night.

Trasher

Nutter said:
Does Trasher even play videogames anymore?
Just because one doesn't play Halo doesn't mean they don't play videogames anymore. There are other games out there, Nutter. And plenty of them are much more satisfying than Reach and its multiplayer.

I usually don't have much time during the summer for games anyways. I was getting back into HoN for a little while there, but now I'm working again and there aren't enough hours in the day for the haggardness that is Reach. :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
kylej said:
Damn Plywood, you're hot. Got kind of a masculine voice but I can dig it.
Sex reassignment surgery has really improved over the last couple of years, I speak in a masculine voice so people won't harass me on XBL.

Top Bottom