• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

FyreWulff

Wait, people used grenades to get on top of Sanc?

*loads up Halo 2 Vista*

Everyone I know, including me, just did this jump. It really wasn't that hard to pull off.

3K6LY.jpg

Grenade jump was only available to host or possible for everyone if you were playing 2v2 split

Livestreaming might be a stretch, but I'm sure they'll at least be recorded and posted on Waypoint.

Either way, I'll do what I can to keep GAF updated.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
FyreWulff said:
Wait, people used grenades to get on top of Sanc?

*loads up Halo 2 Vista*

Everyone I know, including me, just did this jump. It really wasn't that hard to pull off.

http://i.imgur.com/3K6LY.jpg[IMG]

Grenade jump was only available to host or possible for everyone if you were playing 2v2 split[/QUOTE]
I believe he was talking about this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/apRdl.png

NullPointer said:
Yep. Start everybody off with sprint and make all others pickups. I love me my AAs but I'd be fine with this.

Each individual AA is pretty much OK, its when they're used in groups where they can truly imbalance things.

AL will never be okay in my book.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ncsuDuncan said:
Livestreaming might be a stretch, but I'm sure they'll at least be recorded and posted on Waypoint.

Either way, I'll do what I can to keep GAF updated.

Us unfortunate folk will be grateful.

Haha there's more than Asylum being uglier than Sanctuary. Fire up Sanctuary, most of the lines of site are wildly different. Asylum is no remake of Sanctuary.

Nutter

Ah Sanctuary. What I would do for a proper remake.. Actually there is a proper remake, Id take that over Bungie's bastardized version aka Asylum any day. Speaking of which I hope 343 take Asylum out and integrate a proper remake. Its not like Asylum does not have framerate issues, so might as well use the proper remake.

Sanctuary, Lockout and Midship... Perfect Halo maps.

Nutter said:
Ah Sanctuary. What I would do for a proper remake.. Actually there is a proper remake, Id take that over Bungie's bastardized version aka Asylum any day. Speaking of which I hope 343 take Asylum out and integrate a proper remake. Its not like Asylum does not have framerate issues, so might as well use the proper remake.

Sanctuary, Lockout and Midship... Perfect Halo maps.

According to Jeremiah, although there are Sanctuary remakes that have better frame rate in full screen and 2way split, there isn't any good remakes out there that are better than Asylum in 4way split screen.

It's a damn shame they stick to that 4way split screen because there are some damn good Sanctuary's out there.

Tunavi

Banned
Speculation
Battle Creek
Hang Em High
Damnation
Timberland
Headlong
Terminal
Firefight with Flood/Covenant and chaingun warthog

Want.

Nutter

Steelyuhas said:
According to Jeremiah, although there are Sanctuary remakes that have better frame rate in full screen and 2way split, there isn't any good remakes out there that are better than Asylum in 4way split screen.

It's a damn shame they stick to that 4way split screen because there are some damn good Sanctuary's out there.
And this is pretty much explains the status of Reach.

"Lets leave [insert something here] because it would..."

Instead of fixing things to make the game better, we will be stuck with retarded things because it will take away from another group. I understand this will sound a bit harsh, but when was the last time anyone here played 4 player split screen over live and when have they been competent in matchmaking when you have faced off against them.

Nutter

I am not sure how they would explain why these maps returned, but they need to find a way to make them return. (Beaver Creek is for Reach, But I am ultimately talking about Halo 4)

Also I DO want NEW maps, but I would love to see these return.

-Midship
-Lockout
-Sanctuary
-Beaver Creek
-Terminal
-Headlong
-Desolation
-Backwash
-Burial Mounds
-Colossus

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nutter said:
I am not sure how they would explain why these maps returned, but they need to find a way to make them return. (Beaver Creek is for Reach, But I am ultimately talking about Halo 4)

*snip*
  • Stop caring about integrating canon into maps
  • Make fun maps

Nutter said:

-Midship
-Lockout
-Sanctuary
-Beaver Creek
-Terminal
-Headlong
-Desolation
-Backwash
-Burial Mounds
-Colossus

Midship, Sanctuary, and Beaver Creek should be required 4v4 maps for all future Halo titles.

Plywood said:
  • Make fun maps

DING DING DING

I mean come on, "Blockout" was cut from Reach because its Campaign location disappeared. Then we got The Cage in its place.

FyreWulff

Trasher said:
I jerk off to the space battle in Condemned's skybox every day though.

Skyboxes have minimal impact on performance....

Anyway, anyone want to participate in finishing the Weekly? Two slots available in my party.

Nutter

Plywood said:
  • Make fun maps
With the way 343 made Defiant "fit" into cannon, you would think they care.

I really do not care if they fit or not, I would love them back in Halo MP, F cannon

Kuroyume

Banned
Nutter said:

-Midship
-Lockout
-Sanctuary
-Beaver Creek
-Terminal
-Headlong
-Desolation
-Backwash
-Burial Mounds
-Colossus

Midship and Colossus should return and have a space battle taking place WITHIN both locations. Oh, and midship should have reduced gravity and Colossus mancannons.

Do want?

Midship, Lockout, The Pit, Countdown, Sanctuary, Beaver Creek. Required remakes for Halo 4.

Also none of HaloGAF seems to be on right now? Da fuck?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Steelyuhas said:
I mean come on, "Blockout" was cut from Reach because its Campaign location disappeared. Then we got The Cage in its place.
9nG0Q.jpg

Trasher said:
I jerk off to the space battle in Condemned's skybox every day though.
I laughed, hard.
xxjuicesxx said:
Midship, Lockout, The Pit, Countdown, Sanctuary, Beaver Creek. Required remakes for Halo 4.

Also none of HaloGAF seems to be on right now? Da fuck?
I'll get on now.

xxjuicesxx said:
Quit and become a pro Halo player. Problem solved!

(Again my weekend starts on Thursdays! :( Forever alone)

9nG0Q.jpg

HW

I would love to see more good maps from h2 remade but the remakes thus far are either off in ratios or sight lines and nade bounces are all wrong.

darthbob

xxjuicesxx said:
Quit and become a pro Halo player. Problem solved!

(Again my weekend starts on Thursdays! :( Forever alone)

I tried that when I was 15.

Was fun. (Halo 2, Summer of 2005, Glourious)

GhaleonEB

Just finished up a 20 minute Firefight game, only to learn I'd become disconnected from the Reach servers partway through and it counted as an offline game (no record, no cR). Ten minutes later, I've connected again. Anyone else get booted? Weird things are happening today.

Still can't get into b.net or use Twitter, and earlier today lost two hours of work on the Reach campaign article.

I'm going slightly insane. Nothing will #$%& work today.

Tunavi said:
I think computers just hate you Ghaleon lol
Seriously, today my work laptop barfed (the Reach article), Live is acting up on the 360 and my home computer won't access a bunch of the sites I use regularly. When the machines take over, they're coming for me first.

feel

2a0az9x.jpg

(Keep an eye on the score and time displayed on the pictures)

9 minutes later
18n8g4.jpg

30 seconds later
5u2ts7.jpg

less than a second later
10fyq1d.jpg

I came.

(On current topic)
My fav 4v4 maps ever, the ones that fill me with indescribable joy when their pic pops up on the pregame lobby (assuming it's a good gametype):

The Pit
Guardian
Ivory Tower
Battle Creek
Midship
Lockout
Sanctuary

If Halo is saved (or else don't bother), wouldn't mind at all a retro map pack composed of these down the line, but great original maps in mysterious and fascinating new locations should be priority.

TrounceX

Anyone on HaloGAF play Team Arena?

I just started the other day and am 42/48 right now going in by myself but the competition is getting good and I probably can't go on carrying for much longer.

Anyone who wants to game just send me a FR.

GT: Trounce

senador

Banned
TrounceX said:
Anyone on HaloGAF play Team Arena?

I just started the other day and am 42/48 right now going in by myself but the competition is getting good and I probably can't go on carrying for much longer.

Anyone who wants to game just send me a FR.

GT: Trounce

I think you meant 42/8. Shit you are good. 2.36 K/D for Arena.

Just saw this on reddit:

armor_lock_ftl.jpg

TrounceX

oh i meant that i'd won 42 out of 48 :)

Arena is fun though I don't understand why more people don't play it. I really like that there is a rank based on your skill although the whole divisions and percentages are kinda lame but I'll take what I can get with this game.

senador

Banned
Ah I misunderstood, heh.

I like Arena. Its the reason my K/D is lower though, too much going in alone. I have been playing it since launch, but played it much more when it became the first playlist to remove Armor Lock. I like the more competitive nature of it, and Trueskill seems to be more tight for Arena. I just wish the numbers were higher.

VVV Lololol much better

Top Bottom