• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Booshka

Yes, I am talking about 110 speed and Sprint starts, I agree 100 speed is too slow, and 120 speed is pretty good, but doesn't work with AA's at all, especially Evade. 120 speed wasn't really my biggest issue, it was the 125 jump, which I changed in my V2 settings and liked that more. It looks like MLG is going to keep most of their settings the same and just add no bloom/bleedthrough. I would like to try those and then just do the damage resistance tweak I did to avoid nuke nades and bleedthrough shenanigans

Booshka said:
Yes, I am talking about 110 speed and Sprint starts, I agree 100 speed is too slow, and 120 speed is pretty good, but doesn't work with AA's at all, especially Evade. 120 speed wasn't really my biggest issue, it was the 125 jump, which I changed in my V2 settings and liked that more. It looks like MLG is going to keep most of their settings the same and just add no bloom/bleedthrough. I would like to try those and then just do the damage resistance tweak I did to avoid nuke nades and bleedthrough shenanigans

I was okay with the 110 jump. The only reason I put it at 125 originally was we had it at 110 and we were playing a version of Sanctuary were some of the jumps were damn near impossible with 110 jump.

Ramirez

A27 Tawpgun said:
Tomorrow, the cleansing rate is going to increase for every level of bloom gone.

I think it will be quite the opposite, as much as I hate bloom, I think it made it made the skill gap for sucky players even further than it already is. I fully expect games to become more competitive and less of those 75-10 laughers that we get every other game. I could be wrong, but really, it's the only way I can explain how easy it is to dong on people in Reach compared to the past titles.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27_StarWolf said:
Halo Reach, win me over again. You dirty dirty girl.
QpDMD.gif

FyreWulff

Glad the hoppers will come out tommorow. All the hardcore peeps are going into the TU playlist so it's easier for me to finish the Weekly in the other ones. Everybody wins!

The newly orchestrated music sounds awesome.

However, I'm not entirely sold on the recasted monks. They sound, um, higher than they do in the original and it's not as good.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
I always play with rumble on. Gun feedback isn't nearly as satisfying with rumble off.

As do I. I keep it on because it helps me know when I'm being shot.

senador

Banned
Ramirez said:
I think it will be quite the opposite, as much as I hate bloom, I think it made it made the skill gap for sucky players even further than it already is. I fully expect games to become more competitive and less of those 75-10 laughers that we get every other game. I could be wrong, but really, it's the only way I can explain how easy it is to dong on people in Reach compared to the past titles.

I tried out zero bloom on LAN with some friends. Some rarely play, 1 plays only when we LAN. The lesser players got more kills than before because they didn't understand bloom and never paid attention. With that removed, they just had to aim. So I'd agree with you.

--

I am looking forward to the hoppers. I don't like bloom, but I also don't really like zero bloom. Maybe it was the people I played with, but zero bloom games were just too fast and intense for me. I like intense, but this was a weird intense. I felt too much pressure and I was always anxious. Not sure how 85% will be but I am interested in trying it. I am guessing I'll like that the best. Sorry dudes. I wanted to like it...

it may have something to do with the settings too. After playing with faster settings and higher jump I decided I actually do like slower walking with Sprint. I don't want to go fast all the time, just in bursts. I get a claustrophobic feeling when I am locked at a speed. I'm not sure if I played 110 speed and jump though. I imagine I'd like those. I think I'd really prefer 100 with Sprint and 110 jump. Its really too bad the inertia couldn't be adjusted.

Edit: Woot finally a member

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hypertrooper said:
It's reference to the Five Gums arg campaign, where everyone thought it were a Halo 4 arg. :)
What, really!? Haha, I totally missed that.

Finished the Sparkast.
South-Park-nice.jpg

Nice job, David. Nice job. Do we maybe get a higher version of the CEA sample? :)

Otherwise I can't for the beta hoppers, but the pledge to take the hoppers gametype as stuff that still needs some tweaks makes me kind of sad to read some comments later this day. Hopefully I'm wrong. :)

Hmm. Looks like I now have two Sparkasts to enjoy. (I haven't listened to the last one yet.)

I drove back to Georgia and grabbed my 360, so I might be able to play some late-night Reach this week.

Plywood said:
Barrow Roll,

………………_„-,-~''~''':::'':::':::::''::::''….............
………._,-'':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::…............
………..,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::…............
………,-'::::::::::::„:„„-~-~--'~-'~--~-~…
……..,'::::::::::,~'': : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : '-|
……..|::::::::,-': : : : : : : : - -~''''¯¯''-„: : : : :\
……..|::::::::|: : : : : : : : : _„„--~'''''~-„: : : : '|
……..'|:::::::,': : : : : : :_„„-: : : : : : : : ~--„_: |'
………|::::::|: : : „--~~'''~~''''''''-„…_..„~''''''''''''¯|
………|:::::,':_„„-|: : :_„---~: : :|''¯¯''''|: ~---„_: ||
……..,~-,_/'': : : |: :(_ o__): : |: : : :|:(_o__): \..|
……../,'-,: : : : : ''-,_______,-'': : : : ''-„_____|
……..\: :|: : : : : : : : : : : : : :„: : : : :-,: : : : : : : :\
………',:': : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'__: : : :_',: : : : ;: ,'
……….'-,-': : : : : :___„-: : :'': : ¯''~~'': ': : ~--|'
………….|: ,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: : :|
………….'|: \: : : : : : : : -,„_„„-~~--~--„_: :: |
…………..|: \: : : : : : : : : : : :-------~: : : : : |
…………..|: :''-,: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
…………..',: : :''-, : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :: ,'
……………| : : : : : : : : :_ : : : : : : : : : : ,-'
……………|: : : : : : : : : : '''~----------~''
…………._|: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :|
……….„-''. '-,_: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : ,'
……,-''. . . . . '''~-„_: : : : : : : : : : : : :,-'''-„
My god, it's beautiful.

feel

Loved the audio gift at the end. <3

Frank's comments about Sprint disappointed me heavily though. He always gets things to go his way, so I can already see Halo 4 having atrociously slow movement to justify the need for that stupid running animation. :( I hate sprint.. I HATE IT!!! *cancels preorder*

Have fun on the beta hopper guys, I personally don't feel like testing new vanilla Reach, so I'm sitting out for this online Halo event (which feels weird).

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Letters said:
Loved the audio gift at the end. <3

Frank's comments about Sprint disappointed me heavily though. He always gets things to go his way, so I can already see Halo 4 having atrociously slow movement to justify the need for that stupid running animation. :( I hate sprint.. I HATE IT!!! *cancels preorder*

Hahahahahahah

Right.

I will just fall asleep on this pile of naked ladies then.

Top Bottom