• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tashi0106 said:
Ahh I haven't played in a while. I've been hitting Halo real hard for the event. Maybe I'll pick it back up after the event. Really, I'm looking forward to Soul Calibur 5 and SF X Tekken
Dead or Alive 5 is all I'll need.

MrBig

OuterWorldVoice said:
Before the beta hoppers.

WHICH GO UP TOMORROW MORNING ish.
That means I'm grabbing a new Live subscription on my way home

And possibly reserving CEA if I feel like going all the way out to Best Buy

e: has any special casing been detailed for CEA besides the standard?

feel

A27 Tawpgun said:
Looking back at campaign... the AR has to be by far the most useless weapon.

Translates well to MP too. lol.
People who usually keep their ARs around even in CE Legendary runs are badasses, gotcha. :)

edit-

Beta hoppers??

Plural? Or does hopper mean gametype and not playlist?

I should probably google the meaning of "hopper"

Letters said:
People who usually keep their ARs around even in CE Legendary runs are badasses, gotcha. :)

edit-

Beta hoppers??

Plural? Or does hopper mean gametype and not playlist?

I should probably google the meaning of "hopper"

Hopper refers to the playlist I believe. Typo probably....

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
Before the beta hoppers.

WHICH GO UP TOMORROW MORNING ish.
Today has been hell at work (quarter close + annual planning + factory startup = anarchy). This made me smile. Thank you for making me smile.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
CEA going gold in a week? Holy crap, can't believe it's coming out next month already.

Edit: 3 ViDocs and a new trailer coming out over the next month!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
David plays without vibration just like me.
30mv1wg.jpg

Hmm, gonna go for a run, and listen to some sweet sweet sparkcast.

Recording and releasing on the same day. Impressive work Ellis, impressive.
tumblr_lpsowgWlHz1qdyamu.gif

PNut

Banned
Even though I'm skeptical, as for what maps/gametype settings will be used and how they play with no bloom, I'm looking forward to the Beta hoppers tomorrow.

Also, I forgot to post the results of the 1v1 I had with Ghostayame the other night.... he bet me 15-1. It hurt bad. I thought I would get at least 4-5 kills on him. I can usually hold my on in the lower Onyx division Arena and MLG but just wow, the kid was a monster.

We played MLG Sanctuary. I grabbed my Snipe at spawn and that was the last time I saw it. After that I knew he would hold my Sniper spawn and pick me off as I spawned, and that's exactly what happened. The whole game. I was able to escape several times but it's like he knew where I was no matter what.

I know 1v1's are a totally different animal compared to team games but I wonder how some of the more competitive Gaffers think they would of matched up with him. Tashi, Kyle, Juices, Ram, Frankie?

PNut said:
Even though I'm skeptical, as for what maps/gametype settings will be used and how they play with no bloom, I'm looking forward to the Beta hoppers tomorrow.

Also, I forgot to post the results of the 1v1 I had with Ghostayame the other night.... he bet me 15-1. It hurt bad. I thought I would get at least 4-5 kills on him. I can usually hold my on in the lower Onyx division Arena and MLG but just wow, the kid was a monster.

We played MLG Sanctuary. I grabbed my Snipe at spawn and that was the last time I saw it. After that I knew he would hold my Sniper spawn and pick me off as I spawned, and that's exactly what happened. The whole game. I was able to escape several times but it's like he new where I was no matter what.

I know 1v1's are a totally different animal compared to team games but I wonder how some of the more competitive Gaffers think they would of matched up with him. Tashi, Kyle, Juices, Ram, Frankie?

Sanctuary for a 1v1? WAT?

Karl2177

Tunavi said:
How far is your commute?
About 5-10 minutes, but I tend to be a bit early every time. When winter rolls in though, I'm screwed.

Also, at the end of the podcast,
was that some remastered goodness? It sounded amazing.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Karl2177 said:
Also, at the end of the podcast,
was that some remastered goodness? It sounded amazing.

So that was the piece of music we tried to play over the loudspeakers at the Anniversary Campaign Panel. Very sexy stuff.

Tunavi

Banned
Karl2177 said:
About 5-10 minutes, but I tend to be a bit early every time. When winter rolls in though, I'm screwed.
Nice, I've got a 20 minute bike commute to class. I work at the rec center until 11PM with a friend who rides too, so thats always an awesome ride home.

Liking this podcast, good honest insight on zero bloom, armor lock, and bleed-through melee by frankie and david.

Thanks for the games, Booshka. Anyone that is willing to play team slayer with me deserves a medal of honor.
still my favorite playlist!
But what will tomorrow bring??????? Time to strip off the clothes and go for a run through the streets of Norman, Oklahoma listening to the sparkcast. Gives the name Deputy Moonman all new meaning!! Yeah, totally kidding...

So wait, in the podcast it seems like the Hopped might go live TONIGHT?

Let me put it simply, it's 8PM here... Should I stay awake for the hopper to go live, or should I just wakeup early tomorrow?

Ramirez

PNut said:

I would get pooped on, hard. I've been in a steady decline since the late life of Halo 3, and I would have gotten pooped on back then too, lol. I now have "dad reflexes".

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Devin Olsen said:
Let me put it simply, it's 8PM here... Should I stay awake for the hopper to go live, or should I just wakeup early tomorrow?

Wake up early tomorrow.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Tunavi said:
Nice, I've got a 20 minute bike commute to class. I work at the rec center until 11PM with a friend who rides too, so thats always an awesome ride home.

Liking this podcast, good honest insight on zero bloom, armor lock, and bleed-through melee by frankie and david.
I've got a 50ish minute commute... 16 miles roundtrip. I'm looking forward to the winter weather, cause then I can justify taking the bus. :lol

lybertyboy said:
Wake up early tomorrow.
AWWWWWWWW YEAH.

blamite

oh man I can't wait to start playing Halo again. :D

Unfortunately this has to happen on like my busiest week of the year, right during midterms. >.> Guess I can always procrastinate a few more hours a day.

Booshka

Deputy Moonman said:
Thanks for the games, Booshka. Anyone that is willing to play team slayer with me deserves a medal of honor.
still my favorite playlist!
But what will tomorrow bring??????? Time to strip off the clothes and go for a run through the streets of Norman, Oklahoma listening to the sparkcast. Gives the name Deputy Moonman all new meaning!! Yeah, totally kidding...
Yea GG's, showing you how to whore power weapons all game lol.

I also play with no vibration, been like that since early H2, I got over the lack of rumble feedback pretty quickly. The game feels smoother with no vibration and I am good at keeping track of my damage taken by sound and visual now.

I also agree with Frankie about all those ZBS customs having no Sprint. I kinda got bored just jogging around and would have enjoyed playing more Sprint games with AA pickups like MLG settings. It's cool trying to recreate "Classic Halo" but I've grown to like Sprint on most of the maps, due to the jumps and pathways you can take with it. Having Evade as a powerup and Jetpack on the map as a specific AA for one person per team keeps the game varied but fair. Playing on those jacked settings 120 speed and 125 jump breaks most of the maps and makes the movement a little sloppier.

wwm0nkey

Booshka said:

I also play with no vibration, been like that since early H2, I got over the lack of rumble feedback pretty quickly. The game feels smoother with no vibration and I am good at keeping track of my damage taken by sound and visual now.

I also agree with Frankie about all those ZBS customs having no Sprint. I kinda got bored just jogging around and would have enjoyed playing more Sprint games with AA pickups like MLG settings. It's cool trying to recreate "Classic Halo" but I've grown to like Sprint on most of the maps, due to the jumps and pathways you can take with it. Having Evade as a powerup and Jetpack on the map as a specific AA for one person per team keeps the game varied but fair. Playing on those jacked settings 120 speed and 125 jump breaks most of the maps and makes the movement a little sloppier.
Maybe GAF customs v3 could have 110% movement speed and sprint then?
(also sprint needs to last much longer than it does now)

Booshka said:

I feel the opposite. 120 speed instead of slow movement and AA's instantly makes the game so much more fun for me.

Top Bottom