• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

feel

Hypertrooper said:
How can you be a press guy in Europe for dummies:
Step 1: Create a blog at Wordpress
Step 2: Write about games reviews, news etc. Don't care about Grammar.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit.

Ghal will be back 11.01.11
perfect, short one that will have him back in no time, yet I think that's enough time to get to the next OT and change it to HaloGAF OT while he can't stop it lol.

edit- not serious

Letters said:
perfect, short one that will have him back in no time, yet I think that's enough time to get to the next OT and change it to HaloGAF OT while he can't stop it lol.
Was he against HaloGAF OT? I don't remember who was on each side of that discussion.

I think it would be a shame to stop Reach at OT6. Let it get to OT7 and once that hits 20,000 posts make the next community thread be HaloGAF OT1.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Whaa I tried some of these in a custom game with no luck. I thought you had to do MM.

Will try and see if this works. Thank you sir!
You can't do it with the on-disc stockpile gametype. You have to save the variant from matchmaking (or download it from someone's fileshare).

After a long time of trying to do it in MM, I finally just did it in custom games. 1400/1400

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
ncsuDuncan said:
You can't do it with the on-disc stockpile gametype. You have to save the variant from matchmaking (or download it from someone's fileshare).

After a long time of trying to do it in MM, I finally just did it in custom games. 1400/1400

Does this work for the other two I need,

You Ate All the Chips
Noble 1: Collect all of the flags in a matchmade Stockpile game.

Cross-Mappin'
Noble 1: Kill a player at long range with the DMR in a matchmade Slayer game.

?

Only works for the Defiant Stockpile achievement, I think.

I got the DMR cross-mapping one by shooting a Banshee, but that was in matchmaking.

TheOddOne

Deadly Cyclone said:
Does this work for the other two I need,

You Ate All the Chips
Noble 1: Collect all of the flags in a matchmade Stockpile game.

Cross-Mappin'
Noble 1: Kill a player at long range with the DMR in a matchmade Slayer game.

?
Nope, those you have to do in normal matchmaking. Get a group of friends and do it ;)

The only chievo I need is Offensive Driver :\

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
TheOddOne said:
Nope, those you have to do in normal matchmaking. Get a group of friends and do it ;)

The only chievo I need is Offensive Driver :\

I need that one as well. What playlist is Rocket Race in now?

The "You Ate All the Chips" and "Cross Mappin" achievements may kill me.

Deadly Cyclone said:
I need that one as well. What playlist is Rocket Race in now?

The "You Ate All the Chips" and "Cross Mappin" achievements may kill me.

It's in Multi Team right now as rocket hog race. It shows up pretty frequently so you shouldn't have a problem getting it ;)

feel

ncsuDuncan said:
Was he against HaloGAF OT? I don't remember who was on each side of that discussion.

I think it would be a shame to stop Reach at OT6. Let it get to OT7 and once that hits 20,000 posts make the next community thread be HaloGAF OT1.

I'm sure he is reading and I was just messing around with him while he can't reply. I was thinking the switch would be a month or so after CEA was out, but right after OT7 does seem poethic, nice idea.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Letters said:
I'm sure he is reading and I was just messing around with him while he can't reply. I was thinking the switch would be a month or so after CEA was out, but right after OT7 does seem poethic, nice idea.

Reach deserves the 7! It will get the 7.

FyreWulff said:
Time to superglue a watch to my 360 controller
Nostalgia overload. So good. Switching to power weapon timers (where teams control respawns based on when they drop snipers, rockets, etc.) was one of my least favorite design decisions in Halo 2 multiplayer.

FyreWulff

ncsuDuncan said:

vlpnw.jpg

Deadly Cyclone said:
I think we should get a group together to mop up Reach achievements anyone needs. Anyone down?
I'd be down for that.

I can do the OT. Besides, next title is already decided: "What are They to Say Now?"

TheOddOne

Deadly Cyclone said:
I think we should get a group together to mop up Reach achievements anyone needs. Anyone down?
Making some papers for school right now :\

Maby I'll be online later on, but don't count it too much :|

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
TheOddOne said:
Making some papers for school right now :\

Maby I'll be online later on, but don't count it too much :|

Well, not sure when specifically. I could give them a shot tonight for a bit, or we could do this weekend sometime.

Dax/Gui what work for you two?

Deadly Cyclone said:
Well, not sure when specifically. I could give them a shot tonight for a bit, or we could do this weekend sometime.

Dax/Gui what work for you two?
I can get on later tonight. I think. If I'm not too busy. Hopefully.

Friday afternoon/night would be better. Thursday night too.

ElRenoRaven

Thagomizer said:
How on Earth is that bannable?

Beats me. I'm not about to post my thoughts on that whole news story because I'm pretty sure I'd be banned for my stance. I saw it long before Gaf got a hold of it and knew better. Gaf is a very liberal place. I mean very liberal. So that's why I tend to just keep my mouth shut over there in OT unless it's something entertainment of just straight screwed up like murder etc.

Here is what I suggest we do. First let's get a hold of Ghal. Then we can help post it via someone else. Whoever it is will give him the credit he deserves and it will still be every bit a great thread.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dax01 said:
I can get on later tonight. I think. If I'm not too busy. Hopefully.

Friday afternoon/night would be better. Thursday night too.

I'm down for Friday night. Gui might be as well. Anyone else? With 4 we could do team objective and get those stockpile ones done.

Since we are having this discussion now, I'll dig this post up...

Halo: Reach lOT7l Doesn't Afraid of Anything
Halo: Reach lOT7l Love Blooms on the Battlefield
Halo: Reach lOT7l *Obligatory 7 Reference*
Halo: Reach lOT7l Armor Lock is the Best
Halo: Reach lOT7l Frankie Save Us
Halo: Reach lOT7l And The Mystery of the Clipping Shotgun
Halo: Reach lOT7l The Halo Cycle: Therefore Aliens
Halo: Reach lOT7l Too Colorful for GAF
Halo: Reach lOT7l Betcha Can't Sticky It
Halo: Reach lOT7l I Will Name Him Jorge
Halo: Reach lOT7l One day, we'll hit a post limit as stubborn as we are
Halo: Reach lOT7l Zero Bloom? Were it so Easy.
Halo: Reach lOT7l Thread Seven: Armor Abilities, Guns, Keys to Super Weapons
And my own favorite...

Halo: Reach lOT7l A Galaxy of Flesh and Mind and Posts

Falt

Deadly Cyclone said:

In a heartbeat!

I need chips, crackin' skulls and candy from a baby. All of which can be done in Team Objective, which I've been playing on and off for the last hour or so... with randoms... utterly soul shattering at points.

Syracuse022 said:
Nostalgia overload. So good. Switching to power weapon timers (where teams control respawns based on when they drop snipers, rockets, etc.) was one of my least favorite design decisions in Halo 2 multiplayer.
What if Halo 4 returned to this, but incorporated a form of ATLAS into the game?

ATLAS 2.0

- Accessed by holding, say, D-Pad Down.
- Brings up an overhead layout of the map.
- Current locations of your teammates and their statuses (i.e. blue - safe, yellow - taking fire, red X - trounced)

- Weapon layout on the map.

The weapon icons change to red 20 seconds before they respawn, change to green for the 10 seconds after respawn, then change back to the default black background. The icons don't disappear or change to indicate if someone has picked the weapon up, they only tell you when it is about to respawn (or just respawned). So you won't suddenly see the Rocket Launcher icon disappear and know that an enemy nabbed it, but three minutes later you would see the RL icon change to red then green.

Basically it makes timing weapon spawns easier for casual players. MLG can disable the map view, or maybe just select parts (i.e. show the layout but no player positions or weapon respawns).

- What if you could use screenshots of your Forge creation to make your own map layout for ATLAS 2.0?

When you take the screenshot, the game records the camera coordinates and uses the weapon coordinates to place the icons on the ATLAS map (it also places icons for the Red and Blue flag spawns, which only show up on the map in the appropriate CTF games).
During the game, the system takes player locations and does the required coordinate transformations to put their dots on the map. That, or the map layout tool locks you to certain camera angles to make the coordinate system easier to use (i.e. overhead so you only deal with X and Y translations).

Even without the in-game updates to player locations and weapon respawns, a static map of weapon locations for Forge variants would be really helpful and could be done with a simple stamp tool. (I'm sure the full idea would be insanely complicated to program. I'm just daydreaming here.)

ElRenoRaven

Dax01 said:
It's November 1st.

Ah. Well that's not that bad. He'll just have to have someone do OT7 for him then. Or halogaf. Or whatever we decide.

Oh and put me down for the Reach achievements.

These are the only two I need.

Crackin' Skulls

Defiant: Kill 3 players with the Oddball in a matchmade Oddball game.

Candy from a Baby

Defiant: Capture two flags from an enemy capture zone in a matchmade Stockpile game.

We also should get a group together for Halo 2 PC to get all the multiplayer ones in that.

feel

PsychoRaven said:
Ah. Well that's not that bad. He'll just have to have someone do OT7 for him then. Or halogaf. Or whatever we decide.
it won't be halogaf this time, I was just messing around

FU Amazon. FU. They sent me a e-mail, that there is a Glasslands delay. I'm getting my copy two weeks or a month later in bad case. WTF? I'm pre-ordering the book to get it on Day 1 or in the first week.

ElRenoRaven

Hypertrooper said:
FU Amazon. FU. They sent me a e-mail, that there is a Glasslands delay. I'm getting my copy two weeks or a month later in bad case. WTF? I'm pre-ordering the book to get it on Day 1 or in the first week.

Well if it's on the distributer or publishers end there is nothing they can do about it. Maybe it's honestly delayed over there.

Homeboyd

PsychoRaven said:
Yeah I basically asked about exactly this on the last page... Not sure why people assumed I was getting riled up about it.

ElRenoRaven

Homeboyd said:
Yeah I basically asked about exactly this on the last page... Not sure why people assumed I was getting riled up about it.

Who knows. I think lately we've all been getting a bit angry with each other. Between the arguing about Anniversary and the Kinect stuff and the TU changes, etc we've all been a bit temperamental.

I'm sure he's probably already asked someone or will. It will all be ok.

Hypertrooper said:
Yeah, I've been looking at the Glasslands page with curiosity for the past week.

I think the publisher slashed the shipment (to Europe at least, Amazon.com is still offering Day One).
Any word on this Frankie?

I pre-ordered the paperback of Glasslands, and that's only shipping in November, too.

I'm getting the feeling Amazon's been having a little trouble with their shipments, lately. They kept postponing sending me Lord of Souls, too: now they grouped it in with my Glasslands order.

Top Bottom