• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Hey You

ViewtifulJC said:
Isn't Living Dead the most popular playlist?

I don't know what to think about that.
Make it all DLC required, it will be interesting to see if that changes.

Also hurry up and add the Community maps!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Steelyuhas said:
Plywood, Y U play default BTB playlist?!?
No le tengo Anniversary.
Tunavi said:
>doesn't buy CEA because he doesn't support what Reach did to Halo, regardless of the fact that CEA fixed a healthy amount of those problems
>continues to play Reach

smh.gif
I don't have monies actually. Otherwise I would've grabbed CEA.

The last game I played of Reach was 8 days ago.

daedalius

Damn, can't look at 10th terminal talk!

Won't finish before new TV, guess I'll get to see the end of Halo CEA with a bigger bang than my current tv though ;)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Dax01 said:
Does Anniversary come pre-loaded with the 3SK pistol gametype?

That's a playlist function. Play it once in the hopper and you have it. Also loads of customs being shared.

FyreWulff said:
Zombie craze in popular media, maybe?
When your a kid tag and Hide&Seek are the funnest things you can do. Kids love those games and I think it has a correlation with the love for zombies(well zombies follows manhunt rules more than tag but you get the idea). As long as I'm finding games within a minute I'm happy and currently reach is able to find me games in an playlist I want so I'm currently happy regardless of how many people are playing Infection/Swat

For those of you wondering (i.e. only me) what the difference between the Anniversary Playlists are:
Anniversary Classic game types have the following settings: no Armor Abilities, Anniversary Pistol (pistol traits have been modified to replicate CE behavior), one Frag Grenade upon loadout, player speed increased, gravity increased, jump height increased, shield and health recharge rates increased, and melee damage reduced. Please note that the standard TU changes also apply to Anniversary Classic game types.

TU Game types are our standard Reach Matchmaking settings with the Title Update changes. Those changes are: damage bleed enabled, modified reticle bloom, sword block removed, Armor Lock modified, and Active Camo modified. You can read more about the specifics of the Title Update here.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tunavi said:
I'd love to experience The Library on Legendary with new CEA graphics, best co-op experience ever.

Tashi, that was very unexpected and kind of you. You guys are the best. <3

I still surprised they haven't released a map pack aimed at the hordes of zombie players. To repost an old idea:

Turf - Broken, overgrown city. Lots of intruding vegetation. - Old Mombasa at night.
Terminal - 28 days later style abandoned city - burning cars, scary parking deck, storm overhead.
Waterworks - Underground cave with floodmeat patches a la Isolation. Forge structures to make it better for Living Dead gametypes.

So a small FFA/3-plots map, a medium 1-flag map, and a BTB 2-flag map. Call it the Reanimation Pack and put the maps in Living Dead and a Halo 2 playlist.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Plywood said:
I'd love to experience The Library on Legendary with new CEA graphics, best co-op experience ever.

Tashi, that was very unexpected and kind of you. You guys are the best. <3

:)

Btw, I'm shipping your stuff out tomorrow. I'm loading the box up with some of the most random things I can find in my room lol.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:

Btw, I'm shipping your stuff out tomorrow. I'm loading the box up with some of the most random things I can find in my room lol.
MeG42.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well, I've decided, I'm giving the code away, they won't get the playtime they deserve with me. First to quote, first to get. Thanks again, Tashi.

Plywood said:
Well, I've decided, I'm giving the code away, they won't get the playtime they deserve with me. First to quote, first to get. Thanks again, Tashi.
What the hell. You so lame.

The not playing part, not the giving the code away part.

Kuroyume said:
Terrible idea. You bring up those god tier maps for some Living Dead map pack? Blasphemy.
Nobody says you have to actually play Living Dead on them. That's just how the map pack would be marketed. Cash in on the mob of Living Dead fanboys AND the Halo 2 wwm0nkies fanboys while giving the Community Veterans good maps to play Classic on.

minasodaboy said:
duncan, update your blog, sky boxes confirmed to be in destiny!

bungie sky artist job posting

sky artist --> sky writing --> planes --> crimson skies mmo confirmed

(seriously though, what a great job title, I want that on my business card STAT)
lol

I did get an amusing email today:
To: ncsuDuncan@gmail.com

Subject: Easter Egg in Halo CE Anniversary?

I'm sure you're being bombarded with this already but did you notice the poster on the bill board outside of the bridge on the Pillar of Autumn that says "Dark Planetoid Rising"? It looks an awful lot like the "Destiny Awaits" image from Halo 3 ODST. What do you think?

You can see it this Youtube video at around 00:56.

[link]
(name removed to protect the innocent)

wait wtf just happened here.

Plywood said he still plays reach and didn't buy CEA because he has no money.

Tashi gifts him CEA (I think?)

Plywood gives away the map pack codes minutes later

If that's true, that is kind of messed up Plywood.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
What the hell. You so lame.

The not playing part, not the giving the code away part.
You know only play the game in short burst now.
Devin Olsen said:
wait wtf just happened here.

Plywood said he still plays reach and didn't buy CEA because he has no money.

Tashi gifts him CEA (I think?)

Plywood gives away the map pack codes minutes later

If that's true, that is kind of messed up Plywood.
No, Tashi gave me a code for the map pack, I thought about it and realized I wouldn't be playing it(Reach) much regardless, even though I do want to try the anniversary settings, I know it wouldn't be enough to keep me playing so I figured it was better to give it away to someone who would play them more often. I asked Tashi if it was okay before hand as well.

GhaleonEB

Plywood said:

No, Tashi gave me a code for the map pack, I thought about it and realized I wouldn't be playing it(Reach) much regardless, even though I do want to try the anniversary settings, I know it wouldn't be enough to keep me playing so I figured it was better to give it away to someone who would play them more often. I asked Tashi if it was okay before hand as well.
Disappointed in the lack of drama here.

That was very kind of you.

Kind of you and Tashi indeed but I thought the reason you don't play Reach much anymore was because of all the bullshit in vanilla Reach. Thought maybe the Anniversary settings and maps would bring you back.

Or a race playlist.

Plywood said:

Spoken like a true Khaleesi.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
Kind of you and Tashi indeed but I thought the reason you don't play Reach much anymore was because of all the bullshit in vanilla Reach. Thought maybe the Anniversary settings and maps would bring you back.

Or a race playlist.
I kinda don't wanna get back, after just a couple games I end up feeling burnt out on it. I also know that while Anniversary changes things up the fact is the core game play remains. At this point, I wait eagerly for Halo 4 and who knows Barrow bro, I might owe you a dollar.

feel

lybertyboy said:
Still in the oven, but it's smelling good.
All about Halo 4 no? CEA is old news now. :)

Tashi0106 said:

lmao, awesome.

Top Bottom