• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Ramirez

A27_StarWolf said:
why is this?

I'm fairly positive he didn't work there during that time. FASA still existed then, I fondly remember the Halo 3 closing beta message telling me to go buy Shadowrun.

Ramirez said:
I'm fairly positive he didn't work there during that time. FASA still existed then, I fondly remember the Halo 3 closing beta message telling me to go buy Shadowrun.

Oh, cool. Whats with all the sage hate anyways?

Ramirez

A27_StarWolf said:
Oh, cool. Whats with all the sage hate anyways?

I'm over it at this point, I mostly do it for jokes. Halo still took a nose dive (for me!) when he showed up as new sandbox guy. *shrug*

Ramirez said:
I'm over it at this point, I mostly do it for jokes. Halo still took a nose dive (for me!) when he showed up as new sandbox guy. *shrug*

Halo4, and don't worry 343, you always have two more Halo's after that to get it right :D.

What I really want is an ODST sequel, think about it, a game where you as the rookie in Bucks squad battle whats left of Covenant insurgency groups on Earth, and it can deal with glassland stuff.

are there any covies, non elite, left on Earth?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
A27_StarWolf said:
are there any covies, non elite, left on Earth?

Yes. But not in important or significant numbers, in the immediate aftermath. Elites will do the main tier of diplomacy. Grunts don't have the authority and Brutes don't have the temperament or acceptance. Humans, long after the human covenant war, still blame Tartarus for the inhumane crime of glitching and getting stuck on the top of a pole while playing legendary.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Yes. But not in important or significant numbers, in the immediate aftermath. Elites will do the main tier of diplomacy. Grunts don't have the authority and Brutes don't have the temperament or acceptance. Humans, long after the human covenant war, still blame Tartarus for the inhumane crime of glitching and getting stuck on the top of a pole while playing legendary.

I can't tell if you are being serious o.o

ElRenoRaven

OMG!!!!

We're all gonna die. 2 earthquakes in less then 24 hours!!!!!

Quick 343 send me many copies of Anniversary so I can make a raft for when Oklahoma here falls into the abyss and is flooded with water.

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
Sage was the only Bungie employee I managed to find at PAX
I met about a dozen. Three were in line in front of me for HaloFest for the VIP party.

Total nerdgasm moment: they'd read my Campaign review. I think I blushed as deeply as I've ever blushed.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GhaleonEB said:
I met about a dozen. Three were in line in front of me for HaloFest for the VIP party.

Total nerdgasm moment: they'd read my Campaign review. I think I blushed as deeply as I've ever blushed.
Hahaha that's so cool.

GhaleonEB said:

That was pretty awesome to see.

kylej

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
What's goin on over there? LBX at Ninja's house or some shit?

Pros vs Joes at Totz house. A bunch of terrible nerds paid $500 to play with some pros throughout this weekend. Lbox, Roy, Ninja, and Flamesword picked teams out of the scrubs and are playing with them.

Might be done for the night I dunno.

kylej

Banned
I put streams on during the evening and just let them run until I go to bed. Fun to check in on them every once in a while and zone out. Watching people play Reach is 5 billion times more fun than playing it, gives me that same catharsis without any of the work.

Tashi

kylej said:
Pros vs Joes at Totz house. A bunch of terrible nerds paid $500 to play with some pros throughout this weekend. Lbox, Roy, Ninja, and Flamesword picked teams out of the scrubs and are playing with them.

Might be done for the night I dunno.

:lol 500$ to play with them? Online? Either rich and have money to throw away like that or insanely dumb.

kylej

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
:lol 500$ to play with them? Online? Either rich and have money to throw away like that or insanely dumb.

In-person. They're lanning. I guess the hope is that the pros will give them tips and tricks but mostly it's Lunchbox and Ninja trying not to kill themselves as their teammates run around like retards.

Tashi

kylej said:
In-person. They're lanning. I guess the hope is that the pros will give them tips and tricks but mostly it's Lunchbox and Ninja trying not to kill themselves as their teammates run around like retards.

So they paid 500$ on top of the travel and expenses and shit? How good are these "joes" Decent AM kids or actual scrubs?

Trasher

OuterWorldVoice said:
If u bring 4lokoz n za u can play at mah hizzy.
plane%20taking%20off.jpg

Havok

Trasher said:
https://www.storesonlinepro.com/files/1873015/uploaded/plane%20taking%20off.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I just spent ten minutes trying to recreate this with a Banshee, and I'm glad I failed because I was beaten to it anyway.

The Orange filter in Forge totally sucks.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:

Hah, that's awesome. What an honor.

OuterWorldVoice said:
If u bring 4lokoz n za u can play at mah hizzy.
Dude, did you really just say "za"?

hizzy is forgivable.

Karl2177

First game in the Beta playlist: ZB Slayer DMRs on Highlands. This can't end well...

Yep. Fuck that. I can't even get a single game in that I enjoy. I've tried twice in the past week and this game's bullshit pushes me back out. I'll try again when Anniversary comes out, but even MW3 is looking better than the crap this game puts out.

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:

I had no idea how the whole VIP party thing worked so I missed any chance of ez mode to find people.

Although I had that weird blushing moment when one of the Halofest enforcers randomly recognized my nametag and complimented me on my spawn writeup that I wrote on HBO ages ago.

Game needs some sort of manager who would be in charge of maps and gametypes and the playlists that you enter into in MM. If only there was someone in charge like that who knew what they were doing...

Oh well!

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
I had no idea how the whole VIP party thing worked so I missed any chance of ez mode to find people.

Although I had that weird blushing moment when one of the Halofest enforcers randomly recognized my nametag and complimented me on my spawn writeup that I wrote on HBO ages ago.
PAX and by extension HaloFest is this weird nexus where the internet and real life run into one another. For years there was this barrier, where all my interactions with everyone on the forum stayed on the forum. Enter PAX, and I've now met a good chunk of GAFers, developers, etc. I no longer think of many of us as names and avatars, but rather people I've met and many I hang out with once a year. When I published the review, I never thought that I'd talk with anyone about it outside of the forum, or at least online. Much less to talk with some of the guys whose game I was writing about.

I did do sort of a mind blank when Timmins asked why I wrote such a huge piece. I said it was because I felt so strongly about so many pieces of the game, I couldn't easily summarize and had to go through them all. The other reason - the one that got me writing it originally - was because those guys spend three years of their lives working on the game, and since it was their last Halo title, I felt that kind of effort deserved such detailed consideration. I wish I'd told them that.

But still - that moment was my highlight of PAX. Maybe all of the PAX's so far.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
daedalius said:
Knowing the right people and being in the right place at the right time turns out to be pretty important a lot of the time, it seems.

Till then, just gotta keep getting better; I think anyway, haha.
For the most part. I just remember Glados' quote from Portal for some inspiration:

"There's no sense in crying over every mistake. You just keep trying until you run out of cake."

FyreWulff

GhaleonEB said:
PAX and by extension HaloFest is this weird nexus where the internet and real life run into one another. For years there was this barrier, where all my interactions with everyone on the forum stayed on the forum. Enter PAX, and I've now met a good chunk of GAFers, developers, etc. I no longer think of many of us as names and avatars, but rather people I've met and many I hang out with once a year. When I published the review, I never thought that I'd talk with anyone about it outside of the forum, or at least online. Much less to talk with some of the guys whose game I was writing about.

I did do sort of a mind blank when Timmins asked why I wrote such a huge piece. I said it was because I felt so strongly about so many pieces of the game, I couldn't easily summarize and had to go through them all. The other reason - the one that got me writing it originally - was because those guys spend three years of their lives working on the game, and since it was their last Halo title, I felt that kind of effort deserved such detailed consideration. I wish I'd told them that.

But still - that moment was my highlight of PAX. Maybe all of the PAX's so far.

Grimbrother One gives really energetic hugs, by the way.

TheOddOne

MrBig said:
Hmm, I haven't seen this guys work before. That level seemed really interesting. Sad to see it cut due to too much content.

Reading some of his other stuff, in reference to the Forerunner structure on Reach, he calls it a ship and not an installation. Interesting.

Other cool tidbits sprinkled throughout.
Yeah, one of the slides said it was so big it was a game on itself.

Karl2177 said:
First game in the Beta playlist: ZB Slayer DMRs on Highlands. This can't end well...

Yep. Fuck that. I can't even get a single game in that I enjoy. I've tried twice in the past week and this game's bullshit pushes me back out. I'll try again when Anniversary comes out, but even MW3 is looking better than the crap this game puts out.
Nice, it looks like that ZB and DLC weighting is working.

Karl2177 said:

What's wrong with ZB slayer on Highlands?

Top Bottom