• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Arnie said:
Something about the artwork looks a little wonky to me. Like the Spartans seem to lack purpose in the picture whilst some of their stances look strangely odd. Take angsty for example, his AR seems at such an awkward angle.
Definitely. Jorge looks like the Hunchback in that picture. Still, it's pretty damn cool to see anything from Reach.

Arnie

squidhands said:
Definitely. Jorge looks like the Hunchback in that picture. Still, it's pretty damn cool to see anything from Reach.
One thing to note, as long as the picture isn't as wonky as I first thought, the two other Spartans who aren't sniping look of similar height to Jorge. Also, that shrubbery camouflage on the snipers back is damn cool.

EazyB

Banned
RoH said:
is that guy in the bottom left using a BR or AR?
Definitely an AR.

129360-2.jpg

dzce3m.jpg

Arnie said:
One thing to note, as long as the picture isn't as wonky as I first thought, the two other Spartans who aren't sniping look of similar height to Jorge. Also, that shrubbery camouflage on the snipers back is damn cool.
The perspective in the picture seems off. Almost like the Spartans have been drawn elsewhere and pasted onto the image.
EVA Spartan and Jorge especially.

Zeouterlimits said:
Looks like a b...a...r. Battle Assault Rifle. *shrug*

:lol It looks like the AR, and it looks like it's been given a HUGE makeover. Possibly an MA5K?

Ramirez said:
If we're lucky the AR wasn't invented yet. The BR wasn't either, but it's so awesome we'll bend the rules.
You're wrong on both accounts.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
IIRC, wasn't the BR past development, and Reach had several of the "old" AR to BR conversion kits in Reach's underground facilities for the spartans right when the Covenant arrived?

It mentions something about them in First Contact, I think.

Could mean an AR/BR hybrid.

EazyB said:
Definitely an AR.
dzce3m.jpg
The MA5K (for comparison):

MA5K.JPG

Yeah, it's an AR, but it looks like it's from a class we haven't seen yet.

The gun also appears to have that "diamond" shape display found in the leaked picture:

11537_324580220726_540780726_9650143_2654986_n.jpg

EazyB

Banned
Metroidvania said:
IIRC, wasn't the BR past development, and Reach had several of the "old" AR to BR conversion kits in Reach's underground facilities for the spartans right when the Covenant arrived?

It mentions something about them in First Contact, I think.

Could mean an AR/BR hybrid.
In Contact Harvest they had prototype BRs.

Honestly, that AR looks incredibly similar to Halo 3's. Throw in the artistic license, the screen below, and there's no way you could convince me they look any different.

842.jpg

Considering it still has a 32 round magazine I fear it'll function the same as it did in Halo 3, spraying bullets all over the place. I was (am) hoping it'd have a shallower clip, a slower fire rate, and tighter spread. Couple that with headshot hit detection and I'd be fine with the AR.

Matty McDee

Neo Member
Dax01 said:
The MA5K (for comparison):

MA5K.JPG

Yeah, it's an AR, but it looks like it's from a class we haven't seen yet.

The gun also appears to have that "diamond" shape display found in the leaked picture:

11537_324580220726_540780726_9650143_2654986_n.jpg

There also appears to be a green tint to it. Although I can't really tell if thats just colour bleeding from the grass and on to the gun or not....

EazyB said:
In Contact Harvest they had prototype BRs.

Honestly, that AR looks incredibly similar to Halo 3's. Throw in the artistic license, the screen below, and there's no way you could convince me they look any different.

http://media.1up.com/media/03/7/6/8/lg/842.jpg[/I

Considering it still has a 32 round magazine I fear it'll function the same as it did in Halo 3, spraying bullets all over the place. I was (am) hoping it'd have a shallower clip, a slower fire rate, and tighter spread. Couple that with [B]headshot hit detection[/B] and I'd be fine with the AR.[/QUOTE]
If that reticule isn't a place holder, it seems to indicate just that.

With this leak I went back over the World Premiere trailer, and found the AR. It's the same one as in the picture.

j6onq9.jpg

5yhsg8.jpg

Kat's holding it in the trailer, but in the art, Skully is holding it. This could suggest that while each Spartan has a certain set of abilities, most can choose their weapon of choice.

feel

Am I the only one getting a Halo 1 cover vibe from that image? The art style seems similar. Anything that reminds of Halo 1 can't be bad.

Letters said:
Am I the only one getting a Halo 1 cover vibe from that image? The art style seems similar. Anything that reminds of Halo 1 can't be bad.
Can't be anyway similar to Halo 1 without the best thing found in Halo (and nearly all of videogames): Trying to survive in beautiful alien vistas that are a perfect blend of Forerunner structures that offer a sense of mystery and wonder, and nature. It's why I liked "The Ark" and "The Covenant" so much, and why I like Halo 1 the most out of all the Halo games.

vhfive

Dax01 said:
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Reach came out earlier than September. It seems to be farther along in its development cycle compared to Halo 3's.
:lol :lol :lol
will never happen

Dax01 said:
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Reach came out earlier than September. It seems to be farther along in its development cycle compared to Halo 3's.

Yeah Microsoft just wants to release the game as soon as possible so the fans don't have to wait.

Blueblur1

I'm calling it: September 21st, 2010.

Halo games always come out on a Tuesday (except for the original) and the last two came out during the second-to-last week of September.

Wizman23

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
I'm calling it: September 21st, 2010.

Halo games always come out on a Tuesday (except for the original) and the last two came out during the second-to-last week of September.

How about Friday September 24th? Kick ass start to the weekend with a vacation day from work on Friday. Taking a vacation day on a Tuesday kinda sucks but I did it with Halo 3 and ODST. Gears of War 2 released on a Friday and it was awesome.

Firestorm

Dax01 said:
ODST went gold and got passed to Microsoft in May. Microsoft held onto it until fall to release it. You think they're going to release Reach earlier?

Striker

Firestorm said:
ODST went gold and got passed to Microsoft in May. Microsoft held onto it until fall to release it. You think they're going to release Reach earlier?
Dude, he just would be surprised. Gosh!

Top Bottom