• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Spartan Assault confirmed for Windows Phone 8 - Developed by Vanguard Games

Caayn

This is the first time since the release of Halo 4, which was a major disappointment for me, that I'm excited for a Halo announcement again.

Thank you 343i. Can't wait to download this on my Phone.

Btw: If I buy it on my WP8 Phone can I download it, without paying again, on my Windows 8 computer? Both are linked to the same Microsoft account.

derFeef

Hey Mr. Stinkles if you are still around, is there some sweet fiction in this game? I love Halo fiction, naming ODSTs audio logs and Anniversary terminals my favourite things.

Tawpgun

So can your confirm or not confirm any plans to port this to iOS or better yet to XBLA/other OS's besides Windows 8?

Snoshado

Banned
It's unfortunate that Windows 8 is garbage. I'm switching back to 7 today so I guess I'll never experience this tragedy of a Halo game.

Looks neat.

Hope this is playable at E3, or I'm not going to get a chance to try it out until PAX. No one I know here at home has Win8 or a WP.

Tawpgun

It's time to #switch.

lol no.

I had a Samsung Focus Windows Phone before. It was good, I liked everything about it... except the support. If I need to recharge it, no one has the right charger. If I want a certain app, Windows Phone doesn't have it. etc etc.

I switched to a 4s and I'm enjoying it a lot more despite some of the UI things windows phone does better.

My laptop has Windows 7 and its solid. My mom recently got a new laptop with Windows 8 and it looks like a clusterfuck. She kept complaining about how she couldn't figure out the damn thing because they changed too much. I thought she was being her typical technology inept self, but she was right. The thing is frustrating. Even if you get past that terrible home screen, it seems like everything requires an app to run. I end up finding a away to get everything to work that she wants to do, but it was very frustrating. I don't like the OS at all. I'm not upgrading until I have to or when they fix the bullshit.

I had a Samsung Focus Windows Phone before. It was good, I liked everything about it... except the support. If I need to recharge it, no one has the right charger. If I want a certain app, Windows Phone doesn't have it. etc etc.
What? I owned the Samsung Focus from Dec. 2010 to Nov. 2012 and not once have I had a single issue with recharging it. It uses a standard mini-USB port so any charger that works for an Android works on a Windows Phone. I own a Lumia 920 now and I use my old Samsung Focus chargers with that all the time. If anyone has an annoying charger it is Apple since they just need to have their own proprietary dock connector that only works on their stuff.

Tawpgun

What? I owned the Samsung Focus from Dec. 2010 to Nov. 2012 and not once have I had a single issue with recharging it. It uses a standard mini-USB port so any charger that works for an Android works on a Windows Phone. I own a Lumia 920 now and I use my old Samsung Focus chargers with that all the time. If anyone has an annoying charger it is Apple since they just need to have their own proprietary dock connector that only works on their stuff.

Yeah its annoying but it seems like everyone has an Iphone or an Ipod, so finding a charge was super easy. I haven't regretted switching, I was getting annoyed with all the stuff I was missing out on because I didn't have an Iphone.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I'd gladly buy and play it with a controller on PC/360.

Dual analog on a touch device? I'd rather smash my phone with a rock.

Walshicus

Yeah its annoying but it seems like everyone has an Iphone or an Ipod, so finding a charge was super easy. I haven't regretted switching, I was getting annoyed with all the stuff I was missing out on because I didn't have an Iphone.

I don't know man, *everything* uses micro-USB these days...

The old Samsung Galaxy Ace I had before I bought my iPhone 5 charged using what looked like a micro usb, was good because I had about 8 cables with that end everywhere I looked lol.

Also a lot of E-Readers charge up using micro usb too.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'd gladly buy and play it with a controller on PC/360.

Dual analog on a touch device? I'd rather smash my phone with a rock.

It works surprisingly well. Seriously - it's one of the subtlest but coolest "innovations" in the game - basically the screen/software detects that your thumbs have drifted or moved and accommodates for that. I will probably play the Surface version with a wired 360 controller most of the time (update shortly after launch) but the phone version in particular works great in that regard. And I am NOT a fan of twin stick emulation on glass.

Caayn

It works surprisingly well. Seriously - it's one of the subtlest but coolest "innovations" in the game - basically the screen/software detects that your thumbs have drifted or moved and accommodates for that. I will probably play the Surface version with a wired 360 controller most of the time (update shortly after launch) but the phone version in particular works great in that regard. And I am NOT a fan of twin stick emulation on glass.
Is it cross-buy? So if I buy it on my W8 pc can I also play it on my WP8, without needing to pay again? Both are linked to the same account.

That does actually look surprisingly good. seems they could use this engine to develop a sequel to Halo Wars on phones and then port it over to Win8/One.

hint hint.

Ok, its out as far as i know, but only for Verizon devices for now. Global launch will be later this month.

If anyone have tried this, it would be nice to write some impressions about it :)

Has it been delayed?
At the bottom of
http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halospartanassault
it says:
Available worldwide on July 18 for all Windows 8 PCs and Tablets. Available worldwide on July 18 for compatible Windows Phone 8 devices, except in the U.S. where the Windows Phone 8 version is available only on Verizon Wireless until August 16. On Windows Phone 8, 1GB RAM currently required. Version supporting 512MB RAM Windows Phone 8 coming August 2013. Performance on 512MB phones may vary.

Has it been delayed?
At the bottom of
http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halospartanassault
it says:
Available worldwide on July 18 for all Windows 8 PCs and Tablets. Available worldwide on July 18 for compatible Windows Phone 8 devices, except in the U.S. where the Windows Phone 8 version is available only on Verizon Wireless until August 16. On Windows Phone 8, 1GB RAM currently required. Version supporting 512MB RAM Windows Phone 8 coming August 2013. Performance on 512MB phones may vary.

Now they deleted that at the bottom.

Also, when you try to open Halo Spartan Assault in Store on Win8, it just switches you to store dashboard and that's it :s

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
So I can't find the game in the store on my phone.

Went to the Windows Phone website and it says "This app is not available for your phone." Despite the fact that a bunch of people with the same phone have been writing reviews..

edit: Turns out is Telstra exclusive here in Australia. Also noticed this thread was old.

Top Bottom