• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Beta Update Program Announced

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Pardon my ignorance, but where is the youtube upload on XboxOne? First time making a video.

You have to go to the youtube app itself. From there, hit left to get a panel to pull out and go to uploads, then you can pick a video from the xb1 directly.

Madness

America only.

Get fucked.

North America only. Which is smart, seeing as how that probably covers a huge number of players close by. Coupled with the fact that 343 is based in Washington state, and will prefer to have players in similar timezones, so as to cut down on unnecessary lag or poor connections.

All that said, the survey popped up and I answered the questions. All I want is to help them get this game fixed.

First page overreactions/misinterpretations are hilarious!

Not gonna lie though, I was confused at first too, and had a good laugh....

I think that the best thing to take from this is that 343 are still working hard on fixing this broken mess of MM, rather than just throwing some 'free' content our way and hopeing we will forget about it.

kJjuA6n.jpg

You have to go to the youtube app itself. From there, hit left to get a panel to pull out and go to uploads, then you can pick a video from the xb1 directly.

Thanks Papercuts and Orca. I've attempted to get in 2 matches in the Halo 2 Anniversary playlist. First one crashed before the game even started, second one had a couple people playing in-game verified by kills going up and mic chatter while everyone else was stuck with the team score display and a black background. The 2nd game finally crashed and showed some placeholder text "Title" in the center of the screen.

30 minutes. 0 matches. Two crashes. This is why I will attempt to return the game tomorrow. I'll post the videos soon. Normally I'm usually able get into a game or two (especially when entering matchmaking solo), tonight is worse than normal.

Caayn

Why does 343i insist on calling patches content? The game has plenty of content 343i, the amount of content is not why people are quitting MCC. There's zero need to try to confuse the masses into thinking your adding more content when they're waiting for patches.
America only.

Get fucked.
It's Microsoft what did you expect? :(

Yeah, they borked this game pretty bad. I gave up on it, and really wish I hadn't tried so many times to get into a game with friends to no avail.

Hyperbole much. Did You even Play Halo MCC? Its Working WAY better, than some People pretend.

Also, would You like ubisoft's way better? They stopped Working on Unity after 4 patches.

I played 6-7 games tonight and 3 were messed up - 3v3 or Game Over screen after map vote. Had to force close the game twice to get out of a "synchronizing game" trap. Party leader swapped once for no reason. Both synchronization freezes were preceded by 3 minute plus searches.

The game is fucked.

arevin01

Beta testing a patch for a broken game. 2 months after release. Do you see how ridiculous this even sounds? This game would have never even made past the beta phase with how broken it is.

Seanspeed

Banned
First page overreactions/misinterpretations are hilarious!

Not gonna lie though, I was confused at first too, and had a good laugh....

I think that the best thing to take from this is that 343 are still working hard on fixing this broken mess of MM, rather than just throwing some 'free' content our way and hopeing we will forget about it.
This same sort of thing benefitted Battlefield 4 immensely. Its the right way to go when there's major changes needed and throwing them out untested by a mass userbase would likely just continue to not work fully and/or mess things up more. This is not like patching a single player game.

CLEEK

This same sort of thing benefitted Battlefield 4 immensely. Its the right way to go when there's major changes needed and throwing them out untested by a mass userbase would likely just continue to not work fully and/or mess things up more. This is not like patching a single player game.

Yeah, 343i certainly haven't been patching the single player game.

FTFY (MCC, Unity, Driveclub, NBA 2K14, Battlefield, etc. -- overall perfectly sums up current gen games having major issues at launch).

Oh it goes much bigger than a few games. You wanted to FTFY but you diverted it.

Start with a broken concept, half assed then try mightily to 180.

That they gave it to 343i is PERFECTION.

Holy shit. Fuck you, 343. Fuck the preview program. Fuck you using us as guinea pigs. Fuck Halo 5. I'm not ever coming close to anything you touch.

Leyasu

Banned
What a surprise for the US only. Gotta make sure that the US servers are working for when they just dump everyone into them.

I played 4 games of halo 4 last night. 3 were laggy as fuck p2p, and 1 was on dedicated servers that were out of region for fuck sake. 343 seriously do not know what they are doing. I booted up titanfall afterwards and played some silky smooth multiplayer made by a team who do know what they are doing.

Do not even think of releasing halo 5 without a choose the datacenter option 343

Plasma

Banned
Beta testing for the upcoming multiplayer update, yes.

Is reading really that difficult?

I can read just fine it was more a comment on how broken this game has been. I think holding beta tests months after release and not being able to get this shit sorted in house is kind of ridiculous at this point.

Delstius

Dear Microsoft/343,

You're supposed to call it an "Update Preview for Halo: The Master Chief Collection", not a beta lol.

Sincerely,
Someone with absolutely zero PR experience.

Well at least they're trying to be honest here so there's that.

Beyond the poor choice of word it's still a disaster anyway.

sdk leak:
Two versions of the multiplayer are available for Xbox One:
2014 Multiplayer. This version is based on the concept of the "game party" and participation in games through parties. This version will be deprecated in later releases.
2015 Multiplayer (previously 2015 Multiplayer Preview). This multiplayer version abstracts the game party concept and uses the multiplayer session directory (MPSD) to control game sessions.

what version was the halo5 beta using?

Sanpei

This is funny...But also it's giving me hope. I think they will do some serious changes on the game...Let's wait and see...Meanwhile, i am enjoying the campaigns...Best on this gen, it's for sure

MysteryM

I'm actually very happy about this.

It means that something drastic is going to happen with the halo MCC matchmaking, and there's a glint of light at the end of the tunnel. I just want it fixed.

Ms just sent me an email through XBL that says (im paraphrasing here) thanks for supporting Halo:MCC, here's a free month of xbox live on us!

Thanks, ms!

Leflus

Sounds like something they should have done over a month ago tbh.

It's nice that they're not giving up on TMCC though.

Bgamer90

Banned
haha, so they looked at Battlefield 4 and thought that launch and post-release test versions and updates were a great idea! :D

I wouldn't mind seeing beta tests for updates become a trend for console games; Can think of many games that had updates that messed up how the game was previously (especially sports games).

Still though, as I said in my previous post, due to them doing this when the game still has major issues, this beta test for the update comes across as them saying, "Test the game yourselves because we obviously can't do it." I prefer them doing this than just giving up on the game but it's pretty much a no win situation when it comes to making people feel confident.

sinnergy

I'm actually very happy about this.

It means that something drastic is going to happen with the halo MCC matchmaking, and there's a glint of light at the end of the tunnel. I just want it fixed.

Don't be so positive, you are in a negative thread ;)

barit

Has someone already sued MS and 343i for the mess that MCC is? I mean if you can sue Sony and GG over "false" 1080p in Killzone then this is a no brainer or ?

CLEEK

Early access hits Xbox One!

MS has silenced the naysayers and shown this model works just as well on console as it does PC.

Well done MS.

Nice spin.

PC gaming has always been the poster boy for release now, patch later software. Not something any console developer should look to replicate, let alone a first party studio with that platform's premium console exclusive franchise.

If they'd not rushed it out to meet November and actually beta tested it properly before its launch, they wouldn't need to set this precedence. One that should be met with nothing but ridicule, not praise.

Top Bottom