• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

Hahaha, seriously?? This game screams hipster. It's impossible to create a character that doesn't look like a massive hipster, let's start there. Again, I'm not knocking it, it just ain't my thing.

This is a pretty stupid statement. You can make your character look as "normal" as you want.

Impala26

Free H2A DLC map pack to make up for all this.

Terminal, Headlong and Turf.

Do it.

As much as I'd like to see this (my wish list three would be--Terminal, Relic and Burial Mounds) I can't see this being viable as it was Certain Affinity, not 343i, that produced the H2A multiplayer maps.

I guess some higher ups at MS could make the call here I suppose...

Bread

Banned
Can we get free season passes of Destiny. This game stinks.
image.php

Ogre 2 would kill to be able to use his Duke controller on Halo 2 classic for MCC, probably use it for H2A as well.

Would be nice if there was an adapter, just for this one collection, kinda like how Smash is gonna work with Gamecube controllers.

there is, im using such an adapter right now for instance to play the MCC with the Xbox360 controller until i fully accustomed to the Xbox One controller
got the Xbox One since MCC launch, and imo the Xbox One controller is much bigger and therefore different to hold

Welfare

As much as I'd like to see this (my wish list three would be--Terminal, Relic and Burial Mounds) I can't see this being viable as it was Certain Affinity, not 343i, that produced the H2A multiplayer maps.

I guess some higher ups at MS could make the call here I suppose...

I think CA are working on MM for another AAA title for next year, so unless they get another company to do the maps, either we are SOL on more remakes, or 343 will actually make the maps.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I would assume that we won't get maps. That's a large investment.

My guess is the H5 beta will be extended.... Or maybe accessible earlier to those who own the game before the issues are fixed

link1201

I would assume that we won't get maps. That's a large investment.

My guess is the H5 beta will be extended.... Or maybe accessible earlier to those who own the game before the issues are fixed
I'd love to play the beta early...
I think I would anyway will know when I play it.

there is, im using such an adapter right now for instance to play the MCC with the Xbox360 controller until i fully accustomed to the Xbox One controller
got the Xbox One since MCC launch, and imo the Xbox One controller is much bigger and therefore different to hold

I haven't done a side by side, but I feel the One is smaller.

Also, the bumper placements and heights are really poor in comparison to the 360.

Eric WK

I don't see how an extension of the H5 beta is proper compensation at all, but what do I know.

I'm with you. Three weeks is already a good amount of time for the beta.

I know more maps has been floated as a possibility, and given how much I'm enjoying the H2A gameplay, I'd love to see that happen. I just don't know how likely that is.

as an compensation id already be fine if 343i would change the CE BTB mods to Classic instead of the regular modes, all those tanks and banshees arent fun at all in CE BTB :(
so eg Classic CTF instead of CTF
i know we sacrifice the PC exclusive elements like flamethrower and fuelrod then, but i much rather drop those than having tanks and banshees in my games

lets plays CE as we remember it, the classic mode way, and not this vehicle fest! :)
or modify the existing modes to get the tanks and banshees out!

Sephzilla

I'm assuming we're just talking hypothetical in regards to Frankie's "we owe you" line. An extension to the Halo 5 beta would mean little to me considering I have minimal interest in Halo 5 at the moment. I think going back and completing any in-progress H2A maps that might have been abandoned would be a nice apology. H2A's multiplayer might be my favorite thing in MCC, and I'd love to have even one or two more maps for it
especially considering I don't like Ascension/Zenith much at all

Kssio_Aug

I will aready be happy if they can fix everything serious in the next patch, that includes, mainly:

-The matchmaking waiting time, that should be pratically instantaneous by the number of players (thats the more urgent one btw);
-Other matchmaking issues such as the uneven teams formations and p2p matches that should be dedicated ones;
-Party creation issues;
-Campaing progression being undone;
-Achievements bugs.

Fix those, and I'm happy already 343. =)

p3tran

Banned
I always appreciate stinkles, but speaking only based on the performance I got out of halo multiplayer up till now,
it suggests to me that 343 will have to pull a really ...gigantic rabbit out of their hats tomorrow to properly fix the game (at least regarding to how it plays for me) with this patch/update.

so I will not be very optimistic, and instead will wait to see what comes before I start getting the feels.

still love you stinkles, and of course I hope you are right and I am wrong :)

Kssio_Aug

I always appreciate stinkles, but speaking only based on the performance I got out of halo multiplayer up till now,
it suggests to me that 343 will have to pull a really ...gigantic rabbit out of their hats tomorrow to properly fix the game (at least regarding to how it plays for me) with this patch/update.

so I will not be very optimistic, and instead will wait to see what comes before I start getting the feels.

still love you stinkles, and of course I hope you are right and I am wrong :)

Not tomorrow... the patch got delayed to "later this week". =(

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
How easy is it to get a refund for a digital purchase?

I would have preferred to go physical, but didn't want to miss out on Day One playing because of downloads. In the end, it didn't make a difference. I'd like to return the digital version and use the money to go physical.

p3tran

Banned
Not tomorrow... the patch got delayed to "later this week". =(

oops, didnt know that.
doesnt really change anything about what I wrote though, only a couple of days more added before the hat+rabbit trick.

I guess sitting all this time watching the "Searching..." x10 screen doesnt help my positivity either :)
bah, time to start ac: unity I guess..

Mesonak

I am sort of. Sorry we've been testing fixes basically 24/7. Getting there. More info today.

I feel optimisms.

Back later,

And yes, we know we owe you.

While it doesn't excuse the state the game was released in, I think we all know that you guys are working diligently to get it fixed. Personally speaking, I'll try not to hold it against you guys. Thanks for the hard work towards getting this resolved for everybody.

add in full-fledged armor customization and a city forge canvas and we'll call it even

Impala26

I think CA are working on MM for another AAA title for next year, so unless they get another company to do the maps, either we are SOL on more remakes, or 343 will actually make the maps.

Good point, but considering how improved (from a constructing standpoint) the H2A forge is, 343i could at least throw some good legacy remakes at us into matchmaking.

Posted from earlier in the thread:

My remake of The Cage is done. I call it confined now. If you guys want to give it a download its in my fileshare. GT is ryaN 299.

SAoukTC.jpg

watership

Ladies and gentlemen and other various sentient subforms. Something has been fixed.

The Halo Nightfall "Buy Halo" bug is being reported as being fixed. I just tried it myself on the Xbone and the Windows 8.1 app, and I can watch the first episode again on both.

Huzzah.

*unrelated but the CRUNCHYROLL app is available for the Xbox One in some markets now. Double huzzah!

Ramirez

I'm with you. Three weeks is already a good amount of time for the beta.

I know more maps has been floated as a possibility, and given how much I'm enjoying the H2A gameplay, I'd love to see that happen. I just don't know how likely that is.

I'm not expecting 2-3 maps, but hell, one would be nice. Maybe have a community vote. Adding a week to the beta is shit though, once that week is up, it's done. At least a new map would add some spice to the paltry number they remade to begin with.

Skullface

Did someone dare you to say a lot of stupid things on the internet today mang? Wait. Are you drunk? Share.

edited: cuz I'm drunk.

Too early for me brother. You'll probably find me in the drunk thread later killing time while waiting for match making to find me a game. I do try and keep it lighthearted though.

ZaZ2d0h.png

I hold my boo... I hold my booze. And I'll hold boobs all day! I really know. How to throw... Down.

SimonM7

I played through Halo CE and Halo 2 A with minimal complications, save for some terminals not working.

Now I straight up can't start Halo 3 at all. It locks on the loading screen for the first mission.

It's really, really tragic that it's in such a state, because it's an incredible undertaking, and the way they've structured this whole package is kinda awe-inspiring, really. It just... should probably... work, too.

How easy is it to get a refund for a digital purchase?

I would have preferred to go physical, but didn't want to miss out on Day One playing because of downloads. In the end, it didn't make a difference. I'd like to return the digital version and use the money to go physical.

my first attempt looked like it was heading towards a refund and then the chat froze, second person denied refund, it's probably a YMMV thing, enough attempts should get what you want

SimonM7

Halo 3 doesn't start if my location is set to Sweden. It freezes on load and crashes. Setting my location to the UK (suggested by someone on the halowaypoint forums) fixed it. If you're running into this problem, too, this is a temporary solution. Still depressing, though.

Kssio_Aug

Yeah, the progress issue with Halo 2 is real, Ive lost my progress aswell (at least it still says I finished the mission in the mission menu).

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I think I've reached my limit with this game now.

My favourite new bug is the main menu doesn't even load. It's just the background and music.

I've honestly never seen a game in this sort of state. I feel cheated.

Is it this adapter: http://controllermax.com ?

Also, have you used the Xbox One pad while playing Halo 3 in the MCC? Is there any noticeable difference between it and the 360 pad? A few of us have noticed aiming in MCC H3 is considerably harder than OG H3 and it's been speculated that it has something to do with the dead zones in the game.

I'm considering buying one of those adapters, if only to use the 360 pads superior bumpers.

Korosenai

Good point, but considering how improved (from a constructing standpoint) the H2A forge is, 343i could at least throw some good legacy remakes at us into matchmaking.

Posted from earlier in the thread:
The day The Cage gets put into a playlist is the day I stop playing that playlist.

btags

I am normally one that defends devs, but after losing multiple successive multiplayer matches due to uneven teams and my rank randomly resetting, fuck this game.

Is it this adapter: http://controllermax.com ?

Also, have you used the Xbox One pad while playing Halo 3 in the MCC? Is there any noticeable difference between it and the 360 pad? A few of us have noticed aiming in MCC H3 is considerably harder than OG H3 and it's been speculated that it has something to do with the dead zones in the game.

I'm considering buying one of those adapters, if only to use the 360 pads superior bumpers.

the controllermax would be one of them, although the titan one is the newer one of that company i think
i dont follow their progress that much as im using a different adapter called xim4
it allows you to pretty much use any input device with each console, in my case the Xbox360 controller on the Xbox One
the Xbox Original controller should also work, although i havent tried it yet
on the plus side is that you can also do the button binding the way you want, bumper jumper in the H2 games is therefore doable unlike the MCC game settings that dont allow you to do so

I am normally one that defends devs, but after losing multiple successive multiplayer matches due to uneven teams and my rank randomly resetting, fuck this game.

There's absolutely 0 chance they let records and ranks stand as they are after the patch, don't sweat it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom