• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Fuchsdh

Thanks. <3

Nope. We were stuck on Cortana for Halo 3 and just completed Shutdown for Halo 4, but then the famous patch came and deleted all the progress. That same patch glitched the Checkpoints for others and that's where the Checkpoint distribution began and we said fuck it. Still had to complete the last missions of CE and 2, which was brutal enough. I honestly wouldn't have done those two otherwise, if it weren't for the Checkpoints.

Fake Edit: We completed ODST on 4 player LASO, though. That was by far the easist LASO achievement.

Yeah I've got ODST LASO left to do, it doesn't look like checkpoints are easy to come by, and it's the shortest. Might try and arrange a coop lobby to burn through them, but they've got to be the exact same people if you're trying to resume playlist progress, no?

Cranster

Banned
In order of easiest to most difficult on LASO, I found it to be... Halo 3: ODST > Halo: Combat Evolved > Halo 4 > Halo 3 >>>>>>>> Halo 2.

Akai__

Yeah I've got ODST LASO left to do, it doesn't look like checkpoints are easy to come by, and it's the shortest. Might try and arrange a coop lobby to burn through them, but they've got to be the exact same people if you're trying to resume playlist progress, no?

You might be right on the last part, but I honestly don't know if they ever adressed it. Probably best to ask arround on TrueAchievements maybe.

Montresor

Boo, I'm trying to get the achievement for completing 3 Halo 3 playlists. I've done 2/3 but the last remaining short playlist involves playing 3 levels on Legendary difficulty (Crow's Nest, Floodgate, and The Ark).

Would it be faster to do the Legendary playlist described above or try the playlist to beat the entire campaign on easy?

Fuchsdh

Boo, I'm trying to get the achievement for completing 3 Halo 3 playlists. I've done 2/3 but the last remaining short playlist involves playing 3 levels on Legendary difficulty (Crow's Nest, Floodgate, and The Ark).

Would it be faster to do the Legendary playlist described above or try the playlist to beat the entire campaign on easy?
You can burn through the campaign on easy in no time at all, I'd personally do that.

willow ve

The fact that this game still doesn't have dedicated servers is the reason I gave up on Halo altogether. What a terrible experience just trying to play multiplayer. It feels like I'm trapped in the DSL days.

Montresor

Well there only 24 achievements left that I want to get in MCC (various par time, score, and playlists achievements). Christ I hope I get through them this week. I've loved this game but I just want to retire it and delete it now. Already poured 330 hours into this and I'd like to move onto something else haha.

willow ve

I love when you boot up for a few random games of big team and the game tells you you're not connected to Xbox Live even though you most clearly are. Just like old times. And then when it realizes you're actually on Xbox Live - no games found... in Team Slayer.

Thanks 343!

Montresor

I want to go for the No Pain No Gain achievement (complete 1 mission with the LASO playlist skulls enabled). Anyone have any tips for the easiest co-op mission to do this in?

I tried the Halo ODST Uplift Reserve Ghost/Warthog speedrun with LASO skulls but the Iron skull is a killer for me when playing solo. I can't take the stress of having to restart the whole level when you die heh.

I think it might be better to just play a regular level in co-op LASO - that will make it so the Iron skull just takes me and my partner back to the last checkpoint.

Would Pillar Of Autumn be a good choice? Or maybe a level on ODST?

Fuchsdh

I want to go for the No Pain No Gain achievement (complete 1 mission with the LASO playlist skulls enabled). Anyone have any tips for the easiest co-op mission to do this in?

I tried the Halo ODST Uplift Reserve Ghost/Warthog speedrun with LASO skulls but the Iron skull is a killer for me when playing solo. I can't take the stress of having to restart the whole level when you die heh.

I think it might be better to just play a regular level in co-op LASO - that will make it so the Iron skull just takes me and my partner back to the last checkpoint.

Would Pillar Of Autumn be a good choice? Or maybe a level on ODST?

Nothing in Halo 2, probably a mission in 3,4, or ODST. I think I did Uplift Reserve, but Shutdown in Halo 4 is a decent choice (you skip all but the final two segments of the mission and can fly through a lot of it.) Pillar of Autumn is also a decent choice since the grunts dying will do a lot of your work for you in the tight quarters.

Montresor

Nothing in Halo 2, probably a mission in 3,4, or ODST. I think I did Uplift Reserve, but Shutdown in Halo 4 is a decent choice (you skip all but the final two segments of the mission and can fly through a lot of it.) Pillar of Autumn is also a decent choice since the grunts dying will do a lot of your work for you in the tight quarters.

Thanks Fuchsdh I'll review those and my brother and I will give those a try.

Cranster

Banned
I just got 12 more achievements to go, most of them are multiplayer grindfests and a few Spartan Ops mission specific achievements.

Montresor

I just got 12 more achievements to go, most of them are multiplayer grindfests and a few Spartan Ops mission specific achievements.

I only have 4 more achievements to go... Not for the full 6000/6000, but I'm aiming for 527/600 earned achievements and ~4900/6000 earned gamerscore. Then I'm retiring the game for good. Everything else is too difficult for me.

I just need:

Complete 3 Halo 4 playlists
Complete 3 cross-game playlists
Complete 1 level with LASO playlist skulls
Mortardom (destroy 4 Wraiths with a Wraith on Reclaimer in Halo 4 Heroic)

On top of that there is a very generous person on TrueAchievements.com that is giving out Laso and Master Chief Saga playlist achievements. I was fortunate enough to get on his list - if/when that comes to pass I'll break 5000/6000 gamerscore which will be nice. :p The guy has zero obligation to give anyone free achievements though so if it doesn't come to pass, I'm still very very happy with my goals for this game.

Im replaying all of the Halo games out of nostalgia sake, and was wondering if there was any word on Halo Reach ever returning? That game runs rough on 360 and Xbox One BC. In my memory, its one of my favorites.

Akai__

Im replaying all of the Halo games out of nostalgia sake, and was wondering if there was any word on Halo Reach ever returning? That game runs rough on 360 and Xbox One BC. In my memory, its one of my favorites.

Sadly, nothing is hinting at it it. I wished we would get a 60FPS port with patched out bloom, but yeah... Only a wish.

Sadly, nothing is hinting at it it. I wished we would get a 60FPS port with patched out bloom, but yeah... Only a wish.

Bummer. We'll probably see a Halo 3 remake before an hd remaster of Reach. Like i said, i'm playing through all the Halo's and am playing on Heroic. But i am finding that playing ODST on that difficulty is next to impossible for me. I don't remember it being this hard. The difficulty spikes and valleys in the Halo franchise is all over the place.

Montresor

Finally broke the 5000 gamerscore barrier in this game. Now I'm done - removed the game from my backlog and deleted it from my system. It's one of the best and most frustrating experiences I've had (because of the glitches in the game). But I'm extremely glad I experienced these games. The game play across all 5 of the base games is incredible.

Final tally:

$30 spent for download code
$5 spent on ODST
357.5 hours played
5010/6000 gamerscore
532/600 achievements

Finally broke the 5000 gamerscore barrier in this game. Now I'm done - removed the game from my backlog and deleted it from my system. It's one of the best and most frustrating experiences I've had (because of the glitches in the game). But I'm extremely glad I experienced these games. The game play across all 5 of the base games is incredible.

Final tally:

$30 spent for download code
$5 spent on ODST
357.5 hours played
5010/6000 gamerscore
532/600 achievements
Deleting it seems like a weird thing to do.

It takes up allot of space. Im considering deleting it with all the new games coming out. I just went through and beat everything with about 2500 GS achieved. It was fun, but I think im done too considering the match making has been next to zero in terms of games found. Halo 5 takes allot of space as well. Wonder why.

Montresor

I won't play it again though. This is what I do with every game anyhow. I own more than 100 games on XB1 and I can't surely have all of them installed.

Once I beat a game (that can mean getting 1000/1000 in an easy game or a certain % in a difficult game like MCC) then I delete, I unpin the game from my dashboard, and remove the game from my backlog list I keep track of.

I put 360 hours into MCC. I will definitely not play it again. Doesn't mean I didn't love it.

Fuchsdh

Hey - Does this game work well? What is still broken that needs fixing? Wanted to hop back in and was curious.

Assuming you just want to play solo matchmaking or play the campaigns, you probably won't run into many issues. Party matchmaking and customs can still be spotty at times (random disconnects, unable to rejoin party).

Apo

I just finished Halo CE Anniversary on Legendary with a friend in coop.

We wanted to continue with Halo 2 Anniversary on Legendary but we soon realized that the game automatically restarts the last checkpoint as soon as one of us dies. According to a quick Google research this is the way Halo 2 coop on Legendary works.
So there is no way we can deactivate it or make it easier?
Is it the same with coop on Heroic?

We continued with Halo 3 coop on Legendary (playlist).
Does the Halo MCC create a savegame for each game so that I can replay some parts of Halo CEA for achievements, playlists etc or will this overwrite our savegame for H3 coop on Legendary (playlist)?

Fuchsdh

I just finished Halo CE Anniversary on Legendary with a friend in coop.

We wanted to continue with Halo 2 Anniversary on Legendary but we soon realized that the game automatically restarts the last checkpoint as soon as one of us dies. According to a quick Google research this is the way Halo 2 coop on Legendary works.
So there is no way we can deactivate it or make it easier?
Is it the same with coop on Heroic?

We continued with Halo 3 coop on Legendary (playlist).
Does the Halo MCC create a savegame for each game so that I can replay some parts of Halo CEA for achievements, playlists etc or will this overwrite our savegame for H3 coop on Legendary (playlist)?

Nope. Iron Skull is basically on by default with H2 Legendary on coop.

But you can complete it on heroic and lower difficulties without that behavior.

I believe MCC has a save game for each one, since I've been playing H2 but also working on an ODST playlist, but I'm not sure if co-op progress is saved (either by design or whether that's a remaining bug.)

Apo

Nope. Iron Skull is basically on by default with H2 Legendary on coop.

But you can complete it on heroic and lower difficulties without that behavior.

Thank you! Then we will play it on heroic.

I wonder why didn't deactivate it in H2A. As far as I know no other Halo game has this. I found a few threads and a lot of people where also wondering and hoping 343i would "fix" it with an update. Of course there were a lot of people who insistet that it doesn't need to be fixed because it is how was with H2 in the past as well and that it is the way the developers intended H2 to be played.

fossi8

Saw this game in $15 and I'm tempted to get it, big fan of halo 3 and odst , do you recommend me to buy it? I heard several problems in this game but not sure if they were acknowledged, thanks!

Saw this game in $15 and I'm tempted to get it, big fan of halo 3 and odst , do you recommend me to buy it? I heard several problems in this game but not sure if they were acknowledged, thanks!

The campaign is fine, if that's what you're interested it. Multiplayer is still hit or miss, it works but it's eh.

It's worth $15 I'd say, especially if you're in it for the campaigns. Multiplayer is dead and like 80-90% functional, so don't expect too much from that.

Also, just FYI, you have to buy ODST separately for $5. It's not included.

Until we get Halo 1 and 2 via OGXbox BC :p

And you still get 1080p60 versions of the campaigns in one place.

I'm sure you're joking, but just to clarify to anyone that doesn't know, Halo 1 had no online functionality and original Xbox Live 1.0 has been shut down, so Halo 2's online will not work.

So at this point MCC only exists to have CE and Halo 2 matchmaking.

Correction: Population is low and matchmaking is slow. At this point MCC only exists for the campaigns. Except for Halo 4 because its still missing a bunch of lighting effects and the button prompts are still wrong, so forget that one. But hey, it can be found for like $9 these days, right? For the original campaign trilogy, two of them with enhanced graphics, that's not a bad thing to own.

But that's not to say I'm happy. The trust was lost, the scar remains. Today Frankie brought up the fact that the fate of the MCC and backwards compatibility are not necessarily entwined. Some view it as a potential sign of life, I view it more like gas escaping the dead body.

I'm sure you're joking, but just to clarify to anyone that doesn't know, Halo 1 had no online functionality and original Xbox Live 1.0 has been shut down, so Halo 2's online will not work.
Yeah but Halo CEA matchmaking will serve the same purpose. For halo 2 folks, definitely have to keep going through TMCC. Still annoys me that the only Halo 1 playlist in TMCC is 2v2. What a waste :(

CEA had no matchmaking or multiplayer, just a map pack for Reach.
Well... I mean it's a little more complex than that, since you could play the Reach CEA playlist through CEA itself. It's not the same engine, obviously, and it's just a stripped down chunk of Reach, but I'd argue CEA technically does have matchmaking because of it. Just not classic CE-based multi.

So at this point MCC only exists to have CE and Halo 2 matchmaking.
haha
They should do a playlist update that focuses on Halo CE/2
lol
Colour me happy with an OBJ only playlist of just CE/H2. Happy man right here if that ever had a population for quick games.
A 4v4 playlist that mixes CE and Halo 2 gametypes would be better than what we have now (CE being restricted to 2v2's, essentially).

Top Bottom