• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

blamite

DzPmjKU.jpg

Madness

Haunted by an attack on an Earth city where Thorne family was killed 8 months ago...

These guys do realize only 5 years ago in Halo time, Earth was nearly destroyed and all humans almost extinct. Entire planets, colonies, were gassed and destroyed, Reach fell etc.

Either way, I hope I don't have to read all these novels, comics, books, or watch shows to know wtf is happening in Halo 5.

Fuchsdh

Thorne is having a flashback about New Phoenix people being composed (like terminator 2 scene) but he never was there or know how composing is.

Seems obvious they know something about it. As to what it looked like, I'm sure there were plenty of cameras on Ivanoff Station.

The art has been getting better, and honestly this is a standalone issue that's really good. Recommend reading it.

(This is also the first one being written by Brian Reed I believe. Schlerf (the writer for 4) did the last ones.)

Haunted by an attack on an Earth city where Thorne family was killed 8 months ago...

These guys do realize only 5 years ago in Halo time, Earth was nearly destroyed and all humans almost extinct. Entire planets, colonies, were gassed and destroyed, Reach fell etc.

All true, but that's like saying that people wouldn't be "haunted" by London getting nuked five years after the end of WWII. It's still a big f'ing deal.

Karl2177

We know many of you are itching for pre-order bonus details

no

, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection has a variety of pre-order Skulls (game modifiers that dynamically affect campaign gameplay) available at various retailers.

no

Below, you’ll find the latest for US pre-orders.

no

If you’re outside of the US, check with your local retailer in your region for available pre-order offers.

no

Bandana - Unlimited ammo and grenades - Gamestop

Grunt Funeral - Grunts will explode after their death - Best Buy*

Piñata - Enemies will drop plasma grenade with every melee - Amazon

*US Best Buy pre-orders will also receive a Prima Games Multiplayer Map Guide.

no

By pre-ordering at one of the above locations, you’ll gain exclusive access to the corresponding Skull, so choose wisely!

no

After a certain period of time, the Skulls will become unlocked for all players.

ugh

Here's the Karl line of thinking, so hear me out. Why not just have every skull available to everyone from the get-go? This way you aren't fucking over people who don't buy the game from 3 different fucking stores or aren't from the US.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Here's the Karl line of thinking, so hear me out. Why not just have every skull available to everyone from the get-go? This way you aren't fucking over people who don't buy the game from 3 different fucking stores or aren't from the US.
There are a lot of Speedies in the world

Karl2177

There are a lot of Speedies in the world

My fear right now is that "After a certain period of time, the Skulls will become unlocked for all players." means "After a certain period of time, the Skulls will be available as paid DLC for all players"

Mistel

Banned
Thorne is having a flashback about New Phoenix people being composed (like terminator 2 scene) but he never was there or know how composing is.
So this is pseudo flashback/dream sequence thingy based on what someone who was never there thought happened?

Seems obvious they know something about it. As to what it looked like, I'm sure there were plenty of cameras on Ivanoff Station.

The art has been getting better, and honestly this is a standalone issue that's really good. Recommend reading it.

(This is also the first one being written by Brian Reed I believe. Schlerf (the writer for 4) did the last ones.)

All true, but that's like saying that people wouldn't be "haunted" by London getting nuked five years after the end of WWII. It's still a big f'ing deal.

But Thorne is a Spartan, a Spartan who freaked out before in Spartan Ops just for the same situation.

Preorder bonuses retailers needs to go. The bad thing is not one dlc skull but three.

So this is pseudo flashback/dream sequence thingy based on what someone who was never there thought happened?

Yep, looks like DH wants to wait to the last issue to reveal MC location.

TheXbox

Real talk for a second, am I the only one who thinks skulls are one of the most useless features in Halo? The only thing that was fun about them was looking for them, and since they ditched that whole bit with Reach I just don't understand why they exist. Grunt Birthday Party was amusing about seven years ago, IWHBYD should be default, and the others are just pointless. They ought to just make a Mythic difficulty setting and be done with it.

And pre-order bonuses suck the big one.

Madness

I don't know. It would be the same if say every colony/country affiliated with the British Empire was destroyed one by one (Hong Kong, British India, Canada, Australia etc.) and then finally, London is occupied and then destroyed, and a little while later the entire UK is attacked, it's military destroyed, it's people enslaved and one the verge of extinction. They stave off extinction, rebuild, and yet another random city gets attacked. Of course they'll be haunted, but is it really going to haunt them more than the previous events?

I guess it's the attempt to move the series towards the story of the new saga, sort of downplay the events of Halo 1-3 and the Human-Covenant conflict. Haha, either way this is all a fictional story, no one really died. Just curious how they tried to convey emotion here.

Madness

Double post, but I hope the skulls are unlocked for everyone quickly, as opposed to months later when no one really cares. It seems like Gamestop got the best one. Unlimited ammo/grenades?

Enfinit

I think this is more of a decision on Microsoft's behalf, not 343i's. It's tough to argue with the boss.

Omni

They should have kept MC in cyro for at least 50 years, IMO

Preorder bonuses.... ehhh. Not that I have much choice here in Australia, but hopefully I get that infinite ammo one again

IHaveIce

Banned
Closed door presentations are the dumbest thing ever.

Hey yeah we have something we could show off and make some PR, but nope only if you were at this event, if you want to see it online you have to wait weeks.

blamite

Closed door presentations are the dumbest thing ever.

Hey yeah we have something we could show off and make some PR, but nope only if you were at this event, if you want to see it online you have to wait weeks.

It's just gonna be the same exact demo they showed at E3 anyway, Cairo Station and Ascension Anniversary, plus probably whatever new anniversary maps are revealed at the panel.

Prove me wrong, Tashi!

ElRenoRaven

no
no
no
no
no
no
ugh

Sums up my thoughts. This is the shit that pisses me off with preorders. You should not lock out skulls to people based on where they fucking preorder the goddamn game. At least though it's only for a limited time. Still doesn't make it any less shitty though.

We know many of you are itching for pre-order bonus details

yes
, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection has a variety of pre-order Skulls (game modifiers that dynamically affect campaign gameplay) available at various retailers.

yes
Below, you’ll find the latest for US pre-orders.

yes
If you’re outside of the US, check with your local retailer in your region for available pre-order offers.

yes
Bandana - Unlimited ammo and grenades - Gamestop

Grunt Funeral - Grunts will explode after their death - Best Buy*

Piñata - Enemies will drop plasma grenade with every melee - Amazon

*US Best Buy pre-orders will also receive a Prima Games Multiplayer Map Guide.

yes
By pre-ordering at one of the above locations, you’ll gain exclusive access to the corresponding Skull, so choose wisely!

yes
After a certain period of time, the Skulls will become unlocked for all players.

yes!

Man 343 is not missing a beat with Halo: Master Chief Collection! November is going to be fucking awesome!

Top Bottom