• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

bbmcgee

Banned
People keep trotting out the tired “war crime!” responses. But what does it matter? There’s basically zero enforcement anyway so even if they did do it, who really gives a shit? The only rule that actually matters in war is rule #1: Win the damn war.
this aint it.

It matters because when you dont follow the accepted rules of war, you become the same thing as the savages everyone wants to blow off the face of the earth.

cormack12

Gold Member
81QrxGH.jpg

Brigandier

Ridiculous. As if Israel had any intention to make peace...Long before Hamas came to be, Israel had gobbled up palestinian territories, expelled famillies from their homes and lands, emprisonned, bombarded...
Interestingly, it is only when those considered "Westerners" are affected that the media and public are outraged...Who cares about the Arabs, right? Some of the posts in here are simply disgusting...Reminds me of the 9-11 reaction: How dare they attack us! Bomb the Barbarians! ...
Of course, nobody cared about what the US had been inflicting on many of the accused countries for decades.

Showed your true colours quickly didn't you... Bye Cunt.

FUBARx89

bbmcgee

Banned
Ridiculous. As if Israel had any intention to make peace...Long before Hamas came to be, Israel had gobbled up palestinian territories, expelled famillies from their homes and lands, emprisonned, bombarded...
Interestingly, it is only when those considered "Westerners" are affected that the media and public are outraged...Who cares about the Arabs, right? Some of the posts in here are simply disgusting...Reminds me of the 9-11 reaction: How dare they attack us! Bomb the Barbarians! ...
Of course, nobody cared about what the US had been inflicting on many of the accused countries for decades.

When did the US or anyone in any western country storm across someones border to rape and murder their kids and leave?

The biggest example in modern history would be.......when Nazi's did that to mass murder jews. Look at the side you are on. You're lost m8

When did the US or anyone in any western country storm across someones border to rape and murder their kids and leave?

The biggest example in modern history would be.......when Nazi's did that to mass murder jews. Look at the side you are on. You're lost m8

is the leaving part important? because it took Americans a while to leave Vietnam and Iraq but during that time they did all those things

winjer

Gold Member
is the leaving part important? because it took Americans a while to leave Vietnam and Iraq but during that time they did all those things

Just because the USA did bad things in the Vietnam war, half a century ago, does not mean we should allow it to happen today in Israel. Two wrongs do not make a right.
Besides, even Vietnam have moved on and are now closer to the USA, than to any major power in the region.

Go_Ly_Dow

London has changed a hell of a lot in 20 years. I won't go into details why, but you can probably guess.

In 2003 it was a beautiful city. A place I was happy to be my national capital. Now I avoid that place wherever I can.
Past 20 years...

In 1991, 21.7% of the city was foreign born but by 2011 this had risen to 36.7%.
In 2021, more than 4 in 10 (40.6%) usual residents in London were non-UK born.

Massive demographic shift.

Last edited:
Just because the USA did bad things in the Vietnam war, half a century ago, does not mean we should allow it to happen today in Israel. Two wrongs do not make a right.
Besides, even Vietnam have moved on and are now closer to the USA, than to any major power in the region.

I was answering a specific question

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I was answering a specific question

Ok, but if we go far back enough, we will find crimes for all countries and people in the world.
There is some really strange "whataboutism" whenever a country allied with the USA is defending itself from aggression.
As if countries like Ukraine and Israel lose all right to self defense, just because the USA did something bad.

Ok, but if we go far back enough, we will find crimes for all countries and people in the world.
There is some really strange "whataboutism" whenever a country allied with the USA is defending itself from aggression.
As if countries like Ukraine and Israel lose all right to self defense, just because the USA did something bad.

the question was literally "when was the last time the USA did something bad", I didn't make any kind of moral statement that you're now powering through

Wildebeest

Pro-Palestinian is not equitable with antisemitism.
I'm failing to see why the BBC are being blamed for what is going on in Gaza. I watched some of the BBC news, and they had a lot of Palestine supporters on, and don't even call Hamas terrorists.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
“It is with deep regret that we have made the decision to resign from the Harvard Kennedy School Dean’s Executive Board, effective immediately,” Idan and Batia Ofer wrote in a letter their family foundation shared with the Globe.

They donated in the millions. Hope more will follow.

near

Gold Member
I'm failing to see why the BBC are being blamed for what is going on in Gaza. I watched some of the BBC news, and they had a lot of Palestine supporters on, and don't even call Hamas terrorists.
Not sure what's been going on with the BBC, I've literally not used it as a news source for a long time, since they tend to pander to whatever side is most favourable to them. The point I made there was to simply indicate that not everyone who advocates for the liberation of Palestine is necessarily antisemitic, that does not mean, however, that many of them aren't fuelled by hate.

cormack12

Gold Member
“It is with deep regret that we have made the decision to resign from the Harvard Kennedy School Dean’s Executive Board, effective immediately,” Idan and Batia Ofer wrote in a letter their family foundation shared with the Globe.

They donated in the millions. Hope more will follow.

Ouch. Am sure all the twitter likes will fill the void in funding.

that's nice, but if they have a British citizenship they are British whether you like it or not
Semantics. Anyone can be given citizenship of any country. Regardless of someone's ethnicity, behaving like these clowns is completely not what any free thinking democratic country is about, let alone being British..

They're the first to cry when their religion is insulted and demand free speech be suppressed; but then use the same freedom to promote terrorism. Isn't very British at all.

Semantics. Anyone can be given citizenship of any country. Regardless of someone's ethnicity, behaving like these clowns is completely not what any free thinking democratic country is about, let alone being British..

They're the first to cry when their religion is insulted and demand free speech be suppressed; but then use the same freedom to promote terrorism. Isn't very British at all.

The semantic argument is the one that tries to argue that being British means anything other than having a British citizenship. It's the "no true Scotsman" fallacy. If you want British to just be an empty culture bucket you can throw whatever you want into then that's great, but it doesn't mean anything.

MrA

Not by policy or frequently you're a brain dead useful idiot if you think otherwise, in vietnam my lai massacre was an average tuesday for the vietcong and nva
And with Iraq, saddam was a mass murdering dictator and close ally of putin,
You're no different than someone repeating putins talking points on Ukraine or Isreal, they're just from when Putin/Ussr was the darling of the left (remember the time George Bush offered Ukraine and Georgia nato membership and eu countries were all like vladdy putin wouldn't like that no no no can't allow that no sir putin wouldn't like it and he opposes the us and therefore he's great)

Not by policy or frequently you're a brain dead useful idiot if you think otherwise, in vietnam my lai massacre was an average tuesday for the vietcong and nva
And with Iraq, saddam was a mass murdering dictator and close ally of putin,
You're no different than someone repeating putins talking points on Ukraine or Isreal, they're just from when Putin/Ussr was the darling of the left (remember the time George Bush offered Ukraine and Georgia nato membership and eu countries were all like vladdy putin wouldn't like that no no no can't allow that no sir putin wouldn't like it and he opposes the us and therefore he's great)

you've invented something I never argued and are using my post for your own crusade

Wildebeest

Not sure what's been going on with the BBC, I've literally not used it as a news source for a long time, since they tend to pander to whatever side is most favourable to them. The point I made there was to simply indicate that not everyone who advocates for the liberation of Palestine is necessarily antisemitic, that does not mean, however, that many of them aren't fuelled by hate.
The BBC always have to answer to the government of the day, but you need a good reason before you start intimidating journalists. I know that a lot of that group are still angry that the BBC were on the case of the Labour antisemitism scandal.

bbmcgee

Banned
the question was literally "when was the last time the USA did something bad", I didn't make any kind of moral statement that you're now powering through
That wasnt the question. Go read it again. I said when did they invade another country for the sole purpose to kill women and children and leave'

Say what you want about Vietnam. It was not an act of pure evil against innocents. We didnt go there to murder random people with no other intention in mind.

Last edited:
That wasnt the question. Go read it again. I said when did they invade another country for the sole purpose to kill women and children and leave because they hate the race of the people in question.

Say what you want about Vietnam. It was not an act of pure evil against innocents.

well you should have asked that then, because I interpreted "to" to mean a motion in time...as in "to go on to", nothing about sole purpose

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Past 20 years...

In 1991, 21.7% of the city was foreign born but by 2011 this had risen to 36.7%.
In 2021, more than 4 in 10 (40.6%) usual residents in London were non-UK born.

Massive demographic shift.

Yep, that'll do it.

bbmcgee

Banned
well you should have asked that then, because I interpreted "to" to mean a motion in time...as in "to go on to", nothing about sole purpose

Sure, Im not saying the USA or anyone have no sins.

I dont think we've displayed raw evil in the same way though, and thus a different reaction to those things. The comment I was originally responding to was yet another one trying to equate or even compare these things and its just nonsense.

bbmcgee

Banned
Just a reminder that out of the 2.2 million in Gaza, about 1 million (42%) are 14 and under.

People calling Palestinians to rise up against Hamas - you’re hoping for a real life Lord of the Flies

I think this is playing dumb a little bit. Yes, there are some people saying that should happen. But.....have they ever done ANYTHING to suggest they arent on board with Hamas? I assume there are men there who arent in Hamas. Have they ever done anything whatsoever?

Palestinians/Palestinian supporters around the world who arent even there, all I see is anger at Israel. Where is the outrage at hamas? Where is calls for Hamas for to end things and surrender? Where is the calls for freedom from Hamas?

All I'm seeing, or the vast majoritty. is Israel are the evil ones and its as if Hamas doesnt exist or is justified.

Last edited:
I think this is playing dumb a little bit. Yes, there are some people saying that should happen. But.....have they ever done ANYTHING to suggest they arent on board with Hamas? I assume there are men there who arent in Hamas. Have they ever done anything whatsoever?

Palestinians/Palestinian supporters around the world who arent even there, all I see is anger at Israel. Where is the outrage at hamas? Where is calls for Hamas for to end things and surrender? Where is the calls for freedom from Hamas?

All I'm seeing, or the vast majoritty. is Israel are the evil ones and its as if Hamas doesnt exist or is justified.

No there is a large group, myself included, that has been trying hard to communicate Hamas and Palestine are not the same entity. And over the week, I’ve noticed moreso the separation. The problem is the vocal miniority that is supporting Hamas is trying to intertwine themselves with support of Palestine. There is anger at Israel because most smart people believe that everyone knows Hamas is not Palestine, Israel themselves know that. Yet innocent young Gazans will be the greatest casualty

Last edited:

Raven117

Gold Member

I haven’t heard one media outlet posture that maybe the safety of the citizens of Gaza are the responsibility of Hamas and they should act accordingly.

Nope, somehow, the safety of the citizens of a country who has terrorized another is the responsibility of the terrorized.

This handwringing by many about a humanitarian crisis is leveled at Israel because it’s safer to lay that responsibility on Israel, a civilized country a part of the international community. (In other words, it’s easier to bang on Israel than get up there and condemn the truly evil regime).

Israel should (and will) take all reasonable precautions to minimize civilian casualties while recognizing they are at war.

Other than that. Israel should be allowed to do what they need to do to end the threat against their country.

bbmcgee

Banned
No there is a large group, myself included, that has been trying hard to communicate Hamas and Palestine are not the same entity. And over the week, I’ve noticed moreso the separation. The problem is the vocal miniority that is supporting Hamas is trying to intertwine themselves with support of Palestine. There is anger at Israel because most smart people believe that everyone knows Hamas is not Palestine, Israel themselves know that. Yet innocent young Gazans will be the greatest casualty

you misunderstand me. Lets assume everyone knows Hamas isnt Palestine. The supporters of Palestine's problem should be with...Hamas. Right? If we're all in agreement they are an oppressive evil terrorist group holding Palestine down, why are they only protesting Israel? When they say they want liberation, they arent talking about Hamaas. They are talking about Israel.

They are not acting like they blame Hamas for anything or that Hamas is the key to the solution. Why is that? Why is Israel the only enemy or even the main enemy?

Brucey

No no. The victims are not Gazans.

The victims are raped and mutilated women who came to dance for peace, new borns who's heads were decapitated, children and holocaust survivors who were burnt alive, men and women slaughtered in their homes, children shot in front of their parents, and all those who were kidnapped.

I am blaming Gazans. I am blaming them for not stopping any of this for 18 years, they set there and done nothing. There's no proof they don't support this, there's proof they do support this according to every survey. One person going on TikTok is not proof.
Your wish for genocide is proceeding:

This is an Israeli strike on one of their "approved evacuation roads"

Last edited:

bbmcgee

Banned
Your wish for genocide is proceeding:

This is an Israeli strike on one of their "approved evacuation roads"

Horrible. But irrelevant. The only thing that matters is if you think Israel is intentionally trying to kill civilians or not.

If you do, nothing they are doing is justified. If you do not, then you just have to accept bad things happen in war.

Top Bottom