• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Handsome Chinese vagrant draws fans of 'homeless chic' "

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

Also shilling soft drinks now:

f7xKQ.jpg

http://english.cri.cn/6909/2010/05/04/1821s567572.htm
Cheng Guorong, probably the most famous beggar in China, has called on society as a whole to care for homeless people.

Cheng Guorong, who is now employed by an enterprise in Shunde, South China's Guangdong Province, handed out canned herbal tea to beggars on the city's streets on Monday, Chinanews.com reported.

Cheng said he hoped distributing herbal tea, which is traditionally believed to be good for the health during hot summers, will help these homeless people keep cool. He called on society to offer them a hand, said the report.

Cheng caught the attention of many Internet users in China after some photos of him were posted on the Internet. Thanks to his "good looks and sharp style," he soon had a team of fans who nicknamed him Brother Sharp.

Before Cheng became the most talked about personality in Chinese cyberspace, he had been wandering the streets of Ningbo, East China's Zhejiang Province, for about 10 years.

Fortunately, Cheng's family members, who had lost contact with him, recognized Cheng after reading news reports about Brother Sharp and then reunited with him with the help of local homeless center in Ningbo.

Arcipello

DennisK4 said:
most-handsome-beggar-brother-sharp-.jpg

I am totally going to rip of this outfit - will try to find similar coat, sweater and pants :lol

I actually kind of resemble this guy in appearance and build - except I am not chinese, minor detail :lol

the guy wears everything he owns..... i mean hes got 3 different coats on there! god know how many pairs of pants/jeans he has on!

ultim8p00

Banned
Meh. Yeah he looks cool, but I don't see why he's being idolized. He looked better homeless, but I'm glad he had a happy ending.

Trailblaster said:
I found this in 4chan's /co/ in a thread about real life superheroes.

2vt8axk.jpg

tobacco urchin looks awesome. :lol

LOL! :lol :lol :lol

I feel sorry for Brother Sharp, especially when he cried :(

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...e-fame-homeless-man-Chinas-sexiest-tramp.html

The extraordinary life story of a Chinese homeless man who shot to fame after his photo was posted on the internet is to be made into a movie.

Cheng Guorong became an unlikely sex symbol after he was forced on to the streets when he was fired from his job and robbed of his savings.

Mr Cheng returned home for the first time in 14 years – only to discover both his father and his wife had been killed in a car crash.

Since his virtual fame, Mr Cheng, who has been left shy and withdrawn after his experiences, has received offers to appear in advertisements and he has also worked as a catwalk model.

His caring fans have also donated 100,000 yuan (£10,000) to help him get his life on track.

Now, Mr Cheng’s incredible rags-to-riches story is to be told on the big screen, with filming for a movie due to start in September.

Chinese producer, Deng Jianguo, is set to tell the tale in a script which will be adapted from a book written by his cousin. The film, due to be released in February 2011, is estimated to raise £7million.

A family spokesman for Mr Cheng told the Telegraph: ‘It will be a sad story, but at the end there will be the happiness of a family reunion.

‘[Mr Cheng] is very different to how he was before. He has not yet passed out of the shadows that have accumulated.’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom