• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 125th Anniversary Nintendo!

Seik

Banned
Happy birthday, Nintendo!

Thanks for being in my life since I'm 4 years old and thanks for still rocking it today! :D

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats!

Fave games are

600full-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-cover.jpg

and

Super_Mario_Galaxy_2_(JP).png

The SNES is still the best Nintendo console, but Ocarina of Time remains the best game.
I use to love Nintendo, in the past few years I've started to give up on them, hopefully they can start making good hardware again before the 130th anniversary.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
to the next 125 years, when you'll be still around and kicking Mario Tetraverse 15, while any other company only a distant memory

cheers
sFmaeao.gif

LaNaranja

The Wii U has honestly been the most time I have spent with a Nintendo system since the SNES. If I had to pick a favorite system it would probably be that one. My Gamecube and Wii were pretty much just Smash Bros machines.

My favorite Nintendo game is Super Mario World (that said NSMBU is a better game) but I feel like Brawl deserves a shout out for that crazy story mode. I am bummed out that we are not getting another story mode like that in Smash 4.

Happy birthday Nintendo! Thank you for introducing me to my favorite hobby, video games, and 1000s of hours of entertainment you've provided.

daydream

Banned
Happy bday! Best company. I owe them a lot. <3

Favourite console: NES

Favourite handheld: Gameboy Colour

Favourite game: Paper Mario

Ask me again in a second and the answers will be completely different, haha.

Favourite game:
So many memories.

Honorable mentions: Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy 2, EarthBound, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mother 3, Metroid Prime, Super Mario World, Paper Mario 1 and 2, Xenoblade.

Holy shit! I had no idea Nintendo was this old. That's awesome. Following a previous poster's format:

favourite console: N64
favourite controller: SNES controller because nostalgia
favourite handheld: Gameboy Advance SP
favourite game: Fire Emblem 7

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Happy Anniversary!
Gonna celebrate by visiting one of your old love hotels? *gets stabbed by Nintendo Ninja*

Tanoooki

favorite console - N64
favorite game - Super Mario 64

favorite handheld - nintendo ds
favorite handheld game - pokemon silver

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Happy Birthday Nintendo! Love you as always, I'll do my favorite console and favorite game when I get home

Timeaisis

Nintendo just turned 125, having formed on September 23, 1889. Here's a thread to discuss our favourite games, consoles and celebrate general Nintendo goodness before sites start posting their clickbait articles of their "Top 10 Nintendo games/consoles/products" etc. First Nintendo console and game? Most hated console/game? Favourite Nintendo employee/developer? DISCUSS!

Favourite console:
And game:

Here's to another 125 years of doom!

I'm going to say that today, Metroid Prime is also my favorite Nintendo game. Gamecube will always be my favorite console, though. My favorite Ninty game changes almost every day, though, sooo.

Honorable mention to some other favorite Nintendo games:
Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, ALTTP, SMB3, SMW, SM3DW, Smash Bros Melee, Paper Mario: TTYD, Earthbound, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Donkey Kong Country: TF, Super Metroid, Kid Icarus: Uprising

Nintendo is my favorite gaming company ever. And probably will always be.

CassSept

May our descendants converge in here and celebrate Nintendo's doom in 2139!

Favorite console: This is a hard one... but I'm actually thinking 3DS is actually becoming one!

Favorite game: This is an easy one - Super Mario Galaxy 2! Impressive, exhilarating game and still my fav of all time.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
My goodness! Just 125 years old, and still walking like a pro. Happy birthday, Nintendo.

I wish for you to have many dooms, Nintendo. <3

Favorite Console: GameCube, followed by 3DS

Favorite Game: Tough, but I will have to go with Super Mario Galaxy 2.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Favorite console: n64
Favorite handheld: Gba
Favorite console game: super Mario Galaxy 1/2
Favorite handheld game: Pokemon red

Crayolan

tumblr_mleq4bXDLJ1qbc2ylo1_500.gif

Happy Birthday Nintendo.

Favorite Console:

Favorite Game:
Ttydbox.jpg

Well, at least it's probably my favorite game. There are very few games I love as much as TTYD. <3

Favorite Dev:
Intelligent Systems, because they made the above game and many more that I love.

Fireblend

Banned
Some favorite games (because I can't possibly choose 10):

SNES:

- Earthbound
- Super Mario RPG
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

N64:

- Super Mario 64
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Super Smash Bros.

GBC:

- Pokemon Crystal
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

GBA:

- Golden Sun
- Mother 3
- The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

Gamecube:

- Luigi's Mansion
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Paper Mario: The Thousand's Year Old Door

NDS:

- Kirby Canvas Curse
- Mario Kart DS
- Animal Crossing - Wild World

Wii:

- Super Mario Galaxy
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl

3DS:

- Fire Emblem: Awakening
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Pokemon X/Y

Wii U:

- Pikmin 3
- Super Mario 3D World
- Mario Kart 8

Bass260

Crazy. Nintendo has always been integral to my life. I'm sure many of us wouldn't be playing video games without them.

Thanks for every Nintendo <3
God bless Yamauchi.

I have to go with the Super NES as my favorite console. And Super Mario Galaxy as game. Super Metroid and Majora's Mask are very close behind.

alejo0121

Thanks to Nintendo I've been a gamer since 1988 (I was 4) to this day. I've been mostly a Nintendo gamer, but have also traveled on PC's, Microsoft's and Sony's seas. Only Nintendo brings me this awesome feeling that reminds me of my childhood and this "magic" that videogames should have

favorite console - Wii (Backwards compatible model)
favorite games - Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past
favorite handheld - Nintendo 3DS
favorite handheld game - Golden Sun 1/2/3

Here's to another 125 years!

LOCK

Without Nintendo I wouldn't be playing games, my favorite hobby, so thank you.

Favorite console: Nintendo 64
Favorite Console Game: The Legend of Zelda OoT
Favorite Handheld: Nintendo 3DS
Favorite Handheld Game: Metroid Fusion

Platy

Happy Doomday !

Favorite home console : Homebrewd WiiU
Favorite Handheld console: GBA
Favorite games : Mario Galaxy 2, Smash Bros Brawl, Twilight Princess,Epic Yarn, Minish Cap....

<3

Katsuragi

Happy birthday, Nintendo! I've been a fan of yours since the original Game Boy. Thanks for giving me many unforgettable memories and gaming experiences.

Top Bottom