• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 4th of July, what was your favorite thing to destroy w fireworks as a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryaaan14

Banned
An age old tradition w kids in the neighborhood when I was a kid. We'd haul out a bunch of old toys and rig them up w fireworks

I was especially fond of lighting off a bunch of snakes on action figures. Looked like black aliens coming out of their body.

Sorry in advance to ppl who didn't grow up in rural areas where this magic was possible

Dishwalla

Banned
We tried to blow up a Tonka dump truck, had all sorts of fireworks in the bed, but those things are(were?) freaking tanks. Think all it did was chip some paint off.

Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars work better though.

I saw some people blowing some fireworks in the Walmart parking lot from which I could see not one, but 2 large fireworks shows organized by the city. What's the point? Is it the risk of injury?

Venture

We used to stick smoke bombs into the mouth of a 2-headed dragon.

9cQ7Bsy.jpg

Sometimes we'd put an old GI Joe or other action figure in front of him to watch it burn as the smoked bomb first flared up. Looked really cool.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I saw some people blowing some fireworks in the Walmart parking lot from which I could see not one, but 2 large fireworks shows organized by the city. What's the point? Is it the risk of injury?

Home fireworks and public fireworks are apples and oranges. Home fireworks are less about the amazing spectacle and more about the trials and tribulations of shoddy pyrotechnics

We used to stick smoke bombs into the mouth of a 2-headed dragon.

9cQ7Bsy.jpg

Sometimes we'd put an old GI Joe or other action figure in front of him to watch it burn as the smoked bomb first flared up. Looked really cool.

This one is nice

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
I liked setting up a row of them nailed to the 2x4 that would go off in sequence. Didn't work 100% of the time, but was fun.

Always liked grabbing a piece of pipe and using it as a launcher for those little rockets. But I guess i never really had a thing to blow up in particular

Marvie_3

Banned
I always liked to use the tanks, chickens, etc and aim them at each other and have mini wars.

My friends and I would also take baseball cards of players we didnt like and shoot bottle rockets at them. Never hit them I dont think but it was still fun.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Each other. While very foolish, bottle rocket battles were a lot of fun.

GI Joes. Which in retrospect was a really bad idea, as they're worth a fortune now.

Also, lining up tanks against each other with an unlit M80 in between, only to see the tanks light the M80 and blow every to smithereens.... priceless.

blog-tank.jpg

Ryaaan14

Banned
GI Joes. Which in retrospect was a really bad idea, as they're worth a fortune now.

Also, lining up tanks against each other with an unlit M80 in between, only to see the tanks light the M80 and blow every to smithereens.... priceless.

blog-tank.jpg

Oh my god those were awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom