• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy National Coffee Day ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
International Coffee Day (also known as Coffee Day or National Coffee Day) is an annual event observed on September 29 in a handful of countries for the celebration and enjoyment of the popular beverage coffee.This day is also used to promote fair trade coffee and to raise awareness for the plight of the coffee growers. On this day, many businesses around the world offer free or discounted cups of coffee. Some businesses share coupons and special deals with their loyal followers via social networking.

While the exact origin of International Coffee Day is unknown, many countries around the world participate in this event. International Coffee Day was promoted in Japan by The All Japan Coffee Association (全日本コーヒー協会), and first celebrated in 1983. The name "International Coffee Day" originates from the National Coffee Day in the United States, which was mentioned publicly as early as 2005. The name "International Coffee Day" was first used by the Southern Food and Beverage Museum which called a press conference on October 3, 2009 to celebrate 'International Coffee Day' and to announce the first New Orleans Coffee Festival. International Coffee Day was promoted in China by the International Coffee Organization, and was first celebrated in 1997, and made into an annual celebration in early April 2001.[

tumblr_n0hrqhYuiM1t5aci6o1_500.gif

2014-08-29-coffeegifs82216947hdwallpapers.gif

tumblr_mc9bmsDu2L1qc8e6lo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

mars3.gif

MM6ZmU6.gif

In celebration of this day, I ask, what's your favorite coffee/coffee drink?!

Also, don't forget to check around to see if any shops around your area are giving out free coffee or discounted coffee in celebration of this fantastic drink ! :)

First cup of coffee I had today was the worst coffee I have had in years.

Second cup was alright though. Nothing special. I miss espresso made from freshly roasted beans.

Bacon

I absolutely love coffee. Can only really enjoy it on the weekends as I tolerate shitty office coffee during the week (it's not that bad though)

You've got to be kidding me. I ran out of coffee today. It's like the first day in a month that I didn't drink coffee. I bought some Guetmala Peaberry beans though. It looks like I'll be doing coffee day tomorrow.

Zombine

Banned
Coffee makes me crash super hard. If I drink it in the morning, by about 9:30 at work I feel like I am going to puke.

stn

Never knew such a day existed! I like either all black with nothing added, a cafe latte, or ice coffee. Espresso is also great. Heck, I like all of it.

I forgot to share my favorite coffee drinks!

They would have to be a perfectly pulled shot of espresso or a gibraltar (which is a 1:2 ratio of espresso to milk.)

dosegibralta1.jpg

tumblr_mquun1RXcL1svb6sio1_500.jpg

I absolutely adore coffee. My blood is basically made of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom