• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hard Corps: Uprising |OT| - I TOLD U THIS UPRISING WAS HARD CORPS!

JEKKI

a lot of the patterns in this game seem rather random and inconsistent.

one example I can think of is the Wall mid boss in stage 2,

the top and bottom lasers dont really seem to shoot in a proper rhythm.

add the dood at the top shootin bullets at you and u seem to get stuck between dying a few times...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
you can air dash inbetween the balls and the laser so once you find the sweet spot its like the top laser doesn't exist

but yeah hopping on the vine a few screens before the boss is the most efficient way with every character

Dreamer RD

Yeah game is tough. Havent cleared arcade and dont really want to. Had enough with all that chopper jumping and falling. Especially after final boss. It'so broken.
Rising mode is very enjoyable though.

JaseMath

Game is awesome - rising mode is even awesome-er! It's like a Mega Man X(ish) version of Contra. Is beating this game even possible in arcade mode, though? I'm about 60% into maxing out Bahamut and it's still pretty hard even now.

JoeFenix

JasonMCG said:
Game is awesome - rising mode is even awesome-er! It's like a Mega Man X(ish) version of Contra. Is beating this game even possible in arcade mode, though? I'm about 60% into maxing out Bahamut and it's still pretty hard even now.

Quite possible, I did it this morning actualy!

Got around to playing the 360 demo and after turning off the horrid lolz voices, this game is indeed awesome.

Now I ask,

Which version to I buy? PS3 or 360?

Any technical differences?

Shitty DRM?

I prefer things on my triple

AgentOtaku said:
Got around to playing the 360 demo and after turning off the horrid lolz voices, this game is indeed awesome.

Now I ask,

Shitty DRM?

they are identical, go with the PS3 version and play it through on coop mode with me! :D

_dementia said:
I haven't played it on 360, so I've nothing to compare it to, but the load times on PS3 a really awful.

Really? Going back in the thread and others have said PS3 load times are better

Noisepurge said:
they are identical, go with the PS3 version and play it through on coop mode with me! :D

Snapplecakes!

JoeFenix

Finaly got the no death trophy on PS3. Was dead set on not using Sayuri and it was definitely not easy...

The thing with this game is that it's really long, takes around an hour to do a run if you play it somewhat safe so there are alot of chances for things to go wrong.

The relief you feel when you hit that chopper at the end is worth it though! I really loved this game and I hope Arc gets to make another. One of the greatest soundtracks ever and some really fantasic/awful engrish voice overs make this a classic in my book!

Btw, I found the load times on PS3 to be substantialy faster than on 360. Both versions otherwise run the same from what I could tell.

Finally finished arcade mode without continues with Bahamut. The no death achievement i believe is based on pure luck. Chain Laser is boss in this game.

JoeFenix

Heart Attack said:
Finally finished arcade mode without continues with Bahamut. The no death achievement i believe is based on pure luck. Chain Laser is boss in this game.

There is no luck involved, nothing in this game is random and everything can be done without getting hit. Keep practicing!

AAK

JoeFenix said:
There is no luck involved, nothing in this game is random and everything can be done without getting hit. Keep practicing!

Disagree on a couple of instances:

Mission 5 Midboss: When you destroy half of the turrets and then go down underground, the trajectory of those debris projectiles it throws at you is completely random and I always just pray that I successfully don't get hit by it when I try to jump over it.

Mission 6 Final Boss: When you fight the second phase of that boss after destroying its first 2 legs, and then it sends those green missiles at you, they all attack in random directions and with the limited trajectory of your gunfire from a hanging position, I feel it's impossible to shoot all of them down and even if you could, you have to worry about the stupid beam destroying you so you again need to have a leap of faith to get onto the other train and hope the missiles don't come in your way.

klee123

AgentOtaku said:

Now I ask,

Shitty DRM?

Having played both versions, the PS3 version has much more reasonable load times. Otherwise they're pretty much the same technically.

I also though the PS3 pad is much better suited to this game for obvious reasons.

JoeFenix

AAK said:
Disagree on a couple of instances:

Mission 5 Midboss: When you destroy half of the turrets and then go down underground, the trajectory of those debris projectiles it throws at you is completely random and I always just pray that I successfully don't get hit by it when I try to jump over it.

Mission 6 Final Boss: When you fight the second phase of that boss after destroying its first 2 legs, and then it sends those green missiles at you, they all attack in random directions and with the limited trajectory of your gunfire from a hanging position, I feel it's impossible to shoot all of them down and even if you could, you have to worry about the stupid beam destroying you so you again need to have a leap of faith to get onto the other train and hope the missiles don't come in your way.

Mission 5 midboss, just jump on the conveyor belts when he does that, it will block the projectiles.

Mission 6 Final Boss, you can easily dodge or destroy those they don't blow up the train cars immediately, you have time to move. Like I said you can also destroy those missiles before they hit anyway.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
AAK said:

There's your problem. You're using the standard gun

The Ripple gun reflects everything that boss throws at you sans the giant laser

and IIRC there are like 2 on stage 6(been a while since I've played) so you don't even have to bring it from a prior stage

JoeFenix said:

currently ranked in 345th in points in xbla. I get without dying to the last mission, but either the freaking engine kills me, or the third and last form of Tiberius destroys the platform I'm on.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Heart Attack said:
currently ranked in 345th in points in xbla. I get without dying to the last mission, but either the freaking engine kills me, or the third and last form of Tiberius destroys the platform I'm on.

If you mean the midboss of 8 you can actually climb the pillars before its last phase(when it rolls back and forth) to the ceiling before destroying it. Then you can hang and safely deal with the last part without any risk.

I don't know what to tell you about last form tiberius though. I thought that boss was as easy as ones on the first stage. Just gotta learn what platforms he destroys with what attacks I guess

JoeFenix

Heart Attack said:

The scoring system is broken in this game so points don't really mean anything.

But yeah Vitis engine you can use the ceiling or just use a machine gun, I never have trouble with it.

Third form of Tiberius, take your time and stay near top left or right try not to stay in the middle. Just make sure to remember which side of the screen he's going to swipe at next with his hand.

A little LTTP with this, but finally got around to playing it. I've always liked Contra, and this game definitely lives up to series' legacy. I hate the art style, but they really nailed the feel, and I like that they added some new moves like the air dash. My only real complaint is that the enemies and bosses look stupid, but whatever. Other than that, I am having a great time with this game.

What is the best way to achieve a high rank in this? Is your rank based on how many times you die or how fast you complete a level? Once I figured out how to do all the special dash moves, I realized that you can rush through a level quite fast just by dodging and dashing through everything. This is a very different way to play a Contra game, though. If I'm trying to achieve a high grade, should I play this the same way I would play a traditional Contra, or should I be focusing on trying to rush throguh the level as fast as possible?

Why did no one tell me this uprising was hard corps. This is pretty great. I don't know why I never got around to playing it until now. How did this game not get better reception?

Why did no one tell me this uprising was hard corps. This is pretty great. I don't know why I never got around to playing it until now. How did this game not get better reception?

Too hard corps. Watch the GiantBomb quick look and you'll see the average person's reaction to the game.

Usobuko

Banned
I never knew about this game or this series until it was offered in PS+. It sits in my list for approximately 5 months or so until today I finally decide to try it out.

This might just be the one of finest downloadable ( PSN / XBLA ) games I have played this generation. This best part it for such challenging games, I took a look at their trophies and those are no cake walk either.

I'll make them pay...

The next game or sequel by ASW will be my day-one purchase.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone up to coop this over the weekend.

Online is absolutely dead and I want to complete this pack.

Top Bottom