• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harmonix announces Fuser. Rhythm / Music mash up game.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
New songs revealed today

Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
Eric B. & Rakim - Don't Sweat The Technique
Grouplove - Tongue Tied
Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling
Karol G & Nicki Minaj - Tusa
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
RÜFÜS DU SOL - Eyes
Shania Twain - Any Man Of Mine
Young MC - Bust A Move

pretty stacked soundtrack. Keep in mind that the actual song doesn’t matter as each song is split into 4 parts. Pretty much garanteed to find something in a song worth mixing Even if you hate the lyrics.

pic of announced songs so far

EmXMZzB.jpg

Last edited:

Bridges

Bad news for anyone hoping to pick up the physical release, it seems retailers have cancelled all pre-orders and apparently a Harmonix employee on Discord is telling people the physical version has been cancelled. Game will be digital only and still releasing on November 10th.

EDIT: How did I come to this thread hours later and not see all the posts of people already saying this. Oh well.

EDIT 2: I see now there was a page 2...

Last edited:

Nico_D

This is so far the best - and the most complete - demonstration what's possible in the game. There's more customization possibilities than I thought.

Bridges

Harmonix has finally announced which songs are included in the $100 VIP edition:

Real excited for the inclusion of Echo & The Bunnymen, I've wanted that song on Rock Band for awhile

Some other fun choices in there as well

For those without Twitter access:
pCbWpxU.jpg

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Last of the included songs

A Tribe Called Quest Can I Kick It?
Bad Bunny Yo Perreo Sola
Dolly Parton Jolene
Kendrick Lamar, SZA All The Stars
LaBelle Lady Marmalade
Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera Moves Like Jagger
Megadeth Symphony Of Destruction
Naughty By Nature O.P.P.
Otis Redding (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
Pharrell Williams Happy
Pixies Here Comes Your Man
Salt-N-Pepa Push It
Sam Hunt Body Like A Back Road
T.I. ft. JAY-Z Bring Em Out

Surprisingly no HMX songs unless they come later in a DLC. The set list is an absolute banger. Can’t wait for the 10th.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Got this last night and played for 3 hours Before bed.

really only dove into freestyle and learned on the fly (need to unlock more effects and such through campaign) , but wow is this game super fun.

I sat there and did the same 24 songs the entire time and tried to find crazy ways to transition into things that sound good. my biggest tip so far is to throw all 4 tracks of a song down and try to find other similar BPM songs that will mix the lead and bass parts right in. Drums don’t matter much As they work almost all the time.

my favorite simple favorite so far is fetty wap - trap queens vocals (at its native speed) with Nicky Minaj - starships everything else. Sounds so good together.

but anyway that’s just me messing around with no actual critique on gameplay in the real game. I’ll update tonight after I play more.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Dying to go home and play this. This is what I am going to play first tonight on my XSX. Really gonna push that machine. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nico_D

Cool, let me know. I'm on the fence as the price is slightly steep. It looks fun, a lot of people online and in reviews say it is fun though.

Bridges

Played for several hours last night and finished the first stage

My verdict: This game kicks all kinds of ass

Lots of real dumb mash-ups to be had, it's a real fun time. Can't seem to redeem my 3 pre-order songs for some reason though

Keihart

So as a game looks kinda lame, but as a friendly tool to do some remixes looks pretty dope. I think it should focus on the creative aspect, the game part of it looks pretty awkward.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
This is pretty much dropmix on steroids for the freestyle aspect. No more trying to time the lag of putting down cards. Being able to put effects and make simple loops from instruments take that to the next level.

I’m going home to probably play 4+ hours of freestyle again.

Gotta perfect my snapshot to post later.

This is a great game to get lost in, wish the coop freestyle rounds were a tiny bit longer but I think they are at Max recording length of 64 bars.

nothing hurts more than chopping two shit songs together poorly, live in front of people

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Big music game fan.

this game is boring as fuck
Try launchpad on the apple IOS.
If you want some easy mixing app.

this is so lame man

Last edited:
The campaign is dogshit, it forces you to just constantly be mixing bad songs in order to hit 5 stars. Hopefully they patch it so the scoring system isn’t so shit.

Freestyle and co-op are what have my interest. It’s a fun time passer and even just watching others play and saving some good mixes. It’s interesting and enjoyable, just like DropMix. But its also going to have the same fate as DropMix unless they bolt some more game onto it.

I’ve yet to try battle mode

Last edited:
This is a really fun game. I do like the campaign as a game but not as what it is intended. It shouldn't have a time time crunch to drop the required songs in time. I'm the fucking headliner DJ, i shouldn't have seconds to please a crowd request or before the crowd meter goes down. I've been to bunch of music fests, that stupid time crunch is most annoying.

Bridges

Still having a lot of fun jumping into freestyle co-op online lobbies, it's very addicting.

Some of my questionable mixes:

I know not many people here picked this up but I'm surprised to see so not many mixes shared

Last edited:

Bridges

Bumping because DLC has been announced:

This week's tracks releasing tomorrow are

"Groove Is In The Heart" by Deee-Lite
"Adore You" by Harry Styles
"Inside Out" by Zedd & Griff

along with a pack of new dances:
fuser_cosmeticpack_danceparty_banner.jpg

for $2 USD each

And finally for $50 USD you can get the FUSER 2020 Backstage Pass, which will have all of the DLC released starting tomorrow up until December 31st, which includes 21 new tracks and 9 new cosmetic packs. More info in the link above.

I'm pretty happy the game is going to get the same post-launch support most Harmonix titles do, even if it didn't set the world on fire like RB or DC there still seems to be a lot of people online, seems like the game will have some legs. I'm picking up "Groove Is In The Heart" for sure.

lock2k

Banned
Gen Z Guitar Hero.

I'm curious, I'm a sucker for rhythm games, even when they don't have much of my favorite music

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I have to admit I am having a hard time sticking to this game. It just doesnt feel as good as dropmix did. its likely because the campaign really forces you to kind of play a game where as I just want to mix stuff. They lock too much behind the campaign and its really dampening my enjoyment. Once I have everything unlocked I have a feeling I will have a lot more fun.

Bridges

I have to admit I am having a hard time sticking to this game. It just doesnt feel as good as dropmix did. its likely because the campaign really forces you to kind of play a game where as I just want to mix stuff. They lock too much behind the campaign and its really dampening my enjoyment. Once I have everything unlocked I have a feeling I will have a lot more fun.
The campaign really feels like an overly long tutorial, imo the game gets much better once you finish the campaign and just focus on online.

Co-Op Freestyle is where it's at, for sure

Gen Z Guitar Hero.

I'm curious, I'm a sucker for rhythm games, even when they don't have much of my favorite music

I am not really a fan of DJ sets or festival music or really any of the style that this game is based around, but even despite that there is something very fun and kind of exhilarating about mashing these songs together. I find myself mostly favoring tracks from songs that I would never listen to on my own, if you're curious you should give it a shot, or at the very least check to see if DropMix is still out there for cheap and go from there. The technology behind all of it is extremely impressive

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
The campaign really feels like an overly long tutorial, imo the game gets much better once you finish the campaign and just focus on online.

Sounds like I need to just stop being a bitch and finish it. Maybe I will do that this weekend.

GeorgPrime

Banned
I was hoping for October but least it didn't slip 2020.

But seems like a bad time to release?

Maybe best time ever. Everybody is at home and wants some distraction because they cant go out, doing party with friends and stuff

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned

I am not really a fan of DJ sets or festival music or really any of the style that this game is based around, but even despite that there is something very fun and kind of exhilarating about mashing these songs together. I find myself mostly favoring tracks from songs that I would never listen to on my own, if you're curious you should give it a shot, or at the very least check to see if DropMix is still out there for cheap and go from there. The technology behind all of it is extremely impressive
I will probably buy it sometime. Harmonix is great, their games are really polished and have great playability

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Their season pass sucks. I don’t want shitty cosmetic and emotes. Just songs.

Going to buy them all separate I guess

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
If your talking about songs then yes there is. No idea about cosmetics

Yeah def for songs. I dont give a damn about cosmetics either. I also feel like no matter how I made my character, the way he danced bothered me.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
New DLC

Maroon 5 - “Maps”
ScHoolboy Q - “Man of the Year”
Tag Team - “Whoop! There it Is”

Maps guitar will be good for mixing along with the tag team vocals. Man of the year is from dropmix and Was an ok song but I don’t remember it mixing well (Along with the vocals being heavily censored)

Bridges

New DLC

Maroon 5 - “Maps”
ScHoolboy Q - “Man of the Year”
Tag Team - “Whoop! There it Is”

Maps guitar will be good for mixing along with the tag team vocals. Man of the year is from dropmix and Was an ok song but I don’t remember it mixing well (Along with the vocals being heavily censored)
Reminds me that "Maps" was in Rock Band VR and briefly popped up in the Xbox store only to never be made available for purchase (along with several other RBVR exclusive songs) . I wonder what happened there.

I guess I'll have to get "Whoomp! There It Is"

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
New DLC. Good picks!

Future - Mask Off
OneRepublic - Counting Stars
Sub Urban - Cradles

Mask off flute part should be great for low key slow mixes. Counting stars drums and guitar also will work great for mixes.

Cradles....the music box sound and the bass synth should be...interesting

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Forgot the announce DLC on Tuesday. They are up for download now

Lizzo - Juice
Weezer- Buddy Holly
Rascal Flats - Life is a Highway

Some good parts to some of those songs that will be good for mixing. So far HMX is doing a good job with their picks. The dlc tracks have been some of my favorite so far to mix with.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
New DLC for Thursday the 17th of December

Mase - Feel So Good
The Sugarhill Gang - Apache (2012)
Wu-Tang Clan - Gravel Pit

Awesome hip hop stuff. Always like mixing rap lyrics with pop stuff. Hits just right 👌

Top Bottom