• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone bought a cheap Xbox 360 VGA cable via ebay?

Ecrofirt

Dead Rising is coming soon, so I was thinking about picking up a VGA cable for my 360. Ebay has tons of cheapo ones, and as I haven't got much money to toss around, I thought it might not be a terrible idea to get one.

If you've got one, can you comment on the quality or anything?

Argyle

Ecrofirt said:
Dead Rising is coming soon, so I was thinking about picking up a VGA cable for my 360. Ebay has tons of cheapo ones, and as I haven't got much money to toss around, I thought it might not be a terrible idea to get one.

If you've got one, can you comment on the quality or anything?

If you care about digital audio, make sure the one you get has a digital audio out. I know that the Pelican cable, for example, doesn't seem to have a digital out...

jarosh

i've got a 3rd party vga cable from lik-sang. it f*cking sucks! horrible picture quality. horrible.

Burger

I have a MadCatz one which is soon going to reside in the bottom of my rubbish bin.

Absolutley worthless. Terrible terrible ghosting. I love how they call it a "PRO Series Cable"

They can **** off and die.

Ecrofirt

Burger said:
I have a MadCatz one which is soon going to reside in the bottom of my rubbish bin.

Absolutley worthless. Terrible terrible ghosting. I love how they call it a "PRO Series Cable"

They can **** off and die.

What kind of monitor do you have? Is it LCD or CRT?

pilonv1

I've got the third party one from Play-Asia with the optical out and there are no picture issues, everything is sharp.

I stumbled across a Joytech that seems to have build quality beyond typical third-party cables (gold plating, braided sleeves). It does show some slight ghosting on a monitor of mine at 1280x1024, but I've seen as bad of ghosting from some PCs via VGA; I'm not convinced that the cable is at fault.

XT0056_1_lq.jpg

beermonkey@tehbias said:
I stumbled across a Joytech that seems to have build quality beyond typical third-party cables (gold plating, braided sleeves). It does show some slight ghosting on a monitor of mine at 1280x1024, but I've seen as bad of ghosting from some PCs via VGA; I'm not convinced that the cable is at fault.

XT0056_1_lq.jpg
snagged one of these today, along with this

as nobody seems to have the microsoft xbox hd av pack anymore...

haven't had a chance to actually use the 360 ones yet, but the psyclone xbox cables are great

Ecrofirt

I just bought the $9 one from Play-Asia. I'll be using it with a CRT monitor, so I'm hoping it works at 720p without any problems.

Burger

neptunes said:
That may just be the way your monitor displays vga

Hahaha yeah right. What monitor these days comes with built in ghosting ? I'm talking about a good 1-2cm of visible ghosting on white text, black BG.

Ecrofirt said:
What kind of monitor do you have? Is it LCD or CRT?

Dell 2407 24" Widescreen LCD.

My PC displayes VGA perfectly on this screen, and this is using 3 2m VGA cables joined with gender changers.

That must mean the Madcatz one goes above and beyond standard shit build quality. They operate inside another realm of customer rip off.

Ecrofirt

Burger said:
Hahaha yeah right. What monitor these days comes with built in ghosting ? I'm talking about a good 1-2cm of visible ghosting on white text, black BG.

Dell 2407 24" Widescreen LCD.

My PC displayes VGA perfectly on this screen, and this is using 3 2m VGA cables joined with gender changers.

That must mean the Madcatz one goes above and beyond standard shit build quality. They operate inside another realm of customer rip off.

As you said it was junk, I was going to make an offer to buy it from you for cheap until I saw you lived in NZ.

Burger

Ecrofirt said:
As you said it was junk, I was going to make an offer to buy it from you for cheap until I saw you lived in NZ.

I figured I'd throw it away, but I'm gonna take it back to the shop and exchange it for one that's not made out of lies.

Ecrofirt

Burger said:
I figured I'd throw it away, but I'm gonna take it back to the shop and exchange it for one that's not made out of lies.
:lol :lol :lol

It's really too bad you're not in the US.

Top Bottom