• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3) coming to NA/EU in Aug (Retail/Digital, Demo Tues)

Roubjon

Ugh, part of me wants to buy this just to support the release and Hatsune Miku rhythm games in general, not to mention the game itself is great, but I can't see myself ever playing it on PS3.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Fiiiiiiiiiiiinally preordered this. Liked the demo enough to invest in a copy.

Though I kinda would like to get the Vita game somehow. It seems like the inputs would work better.

Parfait

I'm kinda hurt inside

I like miku and all, but this is coming out before Yakuza 5 and PSO2? Segaaaaa....

Plays the demo endlessly

Busaiku

I don't even know why I'm going in blind on this.
I'm not really a fan of Vocaloid.

But I had to go down to Gamestop and get it.
I just don't get it.

chrono01

I don't even know why I'm going in blind on this.
I'm not really a fan of Vocaloid.

But I had to go down to Gamestop and get it.
I just don't get it.
How do you not get this? It's the International word for "cute", and thus, must-buy!

iiJa8FUhtmIDb.gif

Around two weeks to go, I can't wait. I've had my copy pre-ordered for a while now. >:)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I'm not even a fan of Vocaloid and I'm getting this.
Maybe I'm hoping this leads to Project Mirai, because that is cute.

KLonso

I don't really know much about Hatsune Miku as a vocaloid, but I played the demo and I'm sold. Just wish it was released on vita in NA as well

Aytrial

Can't believe we're only a couple of weeks off from release. Still a bit sour about EU not getting a retail release, but I've decided to get the digital copy to show my support for the region.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I want to support this release but I hated the vita and ps3 demos.
I thought my love of rhythm games would be enough but no.

Rayis

I wish Gumi was a Crypton Vocaloid, she has a lot of good songs that would go well in the game, I know she's getting her own game but still, Miku and Gumi duets and Rin and Gumi duets are so good

RMI

Banned
I'm very excited for this! Didn't think I would enjoy it on the PS3 but I've been playing a lot of Dreamy Theater 2nd on there and I gotta say the PS3 controller is really well suited to this game. I find it way more comfortable than either the psp or the vita for these games.

Aytrial

I'm very excited for this! Didn't think I would enjoy it on the PS3 but I've been playing a lot of Dreamy Theater 2nd on there and I gotta say the PS3 controller is really well suited to this game. I find it way more comfortable than either the psp or the vita for these games.

Putting on a grip on your Vita makes this game far more comfortable to play during long sessions. My only complaint with the Vita version of Project Diva is that my hands would get cramps during long sessions (though that could be said for any Vita game).

Playing Project Diva on a DualShock is what actually motivated me to hunt down a grip that is similar in shape to it. I eventually did find one and it's amazing.

RMI

Banned
Putting on a grip on your Vita makes this game far more comfortable to play during long sessions. My only complaint with the Vita version of Project Diva is that my hands would get cramps during long sessions (though that could be said for any Vita game).

Playing Project Diva on a DualShock is what actually motivated me to hunt down a grip that is similar in shape to it. I eventually did find one and it's amazing.

That's sound advice, i'll look into grips for my VIta.

Aytrial

That's sound advice, i'll look into grips for my VIta.

This one is very similar to the one I use based off the photos.

The biggest benefit of having a grip is that it straightens the lower part of your hand. Basically, you're able to hold the Vita in a more relaxed state since you're hand isn't curled up to follow the Vita's form.

Aytrial

I've never noticed such an option in game and it's questionable that it has no name or translation listed - and you can clearly see the item didn't exist on the Vita version of the game on the same page. Even if it does exist and functions as described, I'd consider the help item mark of shame on your records as a big penalty anyway.

Do you happen to own F? Would be helpful to get some final confirmation for those that are interested in the option.

I'm aware that the option doesn't exist in the Vita verison.

Do you happen to own F? Would be helpful to get some final confirmation for those that are interested in the option.

I'm aware that the option doesn't exist in the Vita verison.

I own the game, yes. Checking a video recorded from one of my streams back when it first came out in JP:

H3HTQpO.png

There does indeed seem to be a 0 DP help item on the list (Star Changer, takes the place of Star Killer). Unfortunately my copy of the game is currently lost, so I can't check the function. Doesn't change my previous comments if it still leaves a mark of shame on your records.

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
Unfortunately not. I don't even think it'll go up for pre-order given we're so close to release now.
To my knowledge, there won't be any pre-order on PSN for Europe. (In the US, we have pre-order options for physical copies on Gamestop & Amazon.)

Saw a few posts about people who just pre-ordered in the last day or so - thank you to everyone who did!

Also, will any of you be at PAX? :)

To my knowledge, there won't be any pre-order on PSN for Europe. (In the US, we have pre-order options for physical copies on Gamestop & Amazon.)

Saw a few posts about people who just pre-ordered in the last day or so - thank you to everyone who did!

Also, will any of you be at PAX? :)

I'll be there! Just got a tracking number on my badges the other day, actually. Might not get much time to spend with my copy of the game if it even arrives before I fly across the country...

Tizoc

Unfortunately not. I don't even think it'll go up for pre-order given we're so close to release now.

EU PSN tends to put up pre-orders before weekly store updates, so it might go up sometime this coming week if not the next.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Unlocked all the songs on the JP version, have my US version reserved but apparently they're closing the GS I preordered at and moving my preorder to a location closer to where I work.

OT is up.

Forgot to mention the preorder stuff. Ah well, I'm sure StarCreator will school me with lots more content to add.

The first thing that comes to mind is the use of images that don't actually come from the game the thread is for.

The trick here is that while certain prompts only require pressing a button, i.e. X/O/Triangle, ones with arrows require you to press the coordinated button while tilting the analog in that direction. (I.E. a red Left Arrow means Left + X.)

This entire sentence is also wrong. Double (arrow) inputs require you to hit the direction on the d-pad and the corresponding face button at the same time. Red is also circle (not X), which is right (not left). Have you even played the game you made a thread for?

Wonko_C

Someone oughta fix this:

The trick here is that while certain prompts only require pressing a button, i.e. X/O/Triangle, ones with arrows require you to press the coordinated button while tilting the analog in that direction. (I.E. a red Left Arrow means Left + X.)

The arrows require the d-pad, not the analog stick.

Edit: I'm too slow, haha.

Top Bottom