• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (arcade port) announced for PS4

MrBS

I've preorded on JP PSN. Thanks for the heads up on the controller on amazon japan now I've got an order in for that too ;)

oggob

Question from someone who is considering it... Is the only benefit of preordering a bunch of themes? Everything points to simply the whole game being 2 DLC packs?

They won't patch out songs or something stupid like that? At the moment, plenty of games on the backlog so I could leave it to hear if an English patch for somewhere or a Western localisation...

As I patiently wait for the EU Announcement for Diva X (it has been rated down here in Australia at least)

Question from someone who is considering it... Is the only benefit of preordering a bunch of themes? Everything points to simply the whole game being 2 DLC packs?

They won't patch out songs or something stupid like that? At the moment, plenty of games on the backlog so I could leave it to hear if an English patch for somewhere or a Western localisation...

As I patiently wait for the EU Announcement for Diva X (it has been rated down here in Australia at least)

It doesn't seem like you'll miss anything other than the themes if you wait.

muteki

Main site was updated with more on the main menu page, but I don't remember what was there before so I'm not sure what's new.

Guess I will be swapping out all my Rin heads for Future-Rin.
ss_10.png

Main site was updated with more on the main menu page, but I don't remember what was there before so I'm not sure what's new.

Guess I will be swapping out all my Rin heads for Future-Rin.

Weekly Diva Station usually summarizes any new developments, so you can always just check there. Here's the particular entry that probably has all the new developments: http://info.miku.sega.jp/9922

So basically:
  • Each item on the game main menu features a different character.
  • As you touched on, module/hairstyle/etc customization is possible.
  • Full controller customization: any button on the controller can be mapped to handle any combination of inputs.
  • It is possible to have an additional guide to help the player determine what buttons to press for combination notes pop up on the screen during gameplay.
  • There are gallery and online ranking screens.

ar4757

Still not sure whether to buy it or wait for localization news...

Decisions!

I liked when one of the guys at XSeed (Tom, maybe?) said to go ahead and import IA/VT Colorful because the licenses were too much for them. It was nice to give the go-ahead and not wonder whether to import or not. Even he imported it!

IA doesn't really have anywhere near as big of a marketing push in the west, game or not.

But this is MikuGAF. You know the answer will be to import no matter what happens.

(I don't have a PS4 and it probably makes no sense to get one now until the Neo comes out. I'm waiting either way.)

Bebpo

Banned
Pre-ordered this since I had a bunch of money in my JPSN wallet for a couple years and haven't spent it on anything. I think this is the first disc-based game I've bought digital since I prefer physical, but I like the idea of a huge song list music game just sitting on my dashboard to boot up at anytime between other games for a few songs.

Never listened to anything Miku until I tried Project Mirai DX last year and gave it another shot with Diva X this year. Don't love the music game/note patterns, but it's decent and there's some pretty good songs in there. Really looking forward to going through the 220 songs in this one and finding all the great tunes. The nice graphics + 60fps won't hurt either coming from 3DS/Vita.

Pre-ordered this since I had a bunch of money in my JPSN wallet for a couple years and haven't spent it on anything. I think this is the first disc-based game I've bought digital since I prefer physical, but I like the idea of a huge song list music game just sitting on my dashboard to boot up at anytime between other games for a few songs.

Er? There's no disc release of Future Tone. It's PSN only.

Still not sure whether to buy it or wait for localization news...

Decisions!

I liked when one of the guys at XSeed (Tom, maybe?) said to go ahead and import IA/VT Colorful because the licenses were too much for them. It was nice to give the go-ahead and not wonder whether to import or not. Even he imported it!

We already know about diva X yet sega said nothing about future tone.

I honnestly think they'll just skip it

ar4757

Seems difficult to do and I doubt they'd translate anything more than the menus, because that'd be a lot of lyrics to translate. Alright alright, I'll buy it guys :p

Kumubou

They're not saying anything about Future Tone (if it is coming) because I figure the games would just canabalize each others for they did. It would a hard to market a new game with 30 songs when you have another one with over seven times the amount of content.

Zhao_Yun

They're not saying anything about Future Tone (if it is coming) because I figure the games would just canabalize each others for they did. It would a hard to market a new game with 30 songs when you have another one with over seven times the amount of content.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect any Future Tone announcement for the West before X is out (in NA)

BONKERS

No physical? No platinum? No practice mode?(This is something that has been sorely needed since the first PSP game).

What is Sega thinking. This game should be getting the A list treatment.
I'd take this over Diva X(Reusing same graphics again?) any day of the week.

Zhao_Yun

No physical? No platinum? No practice mode?(This is something that has been sorely needed since the first PSP game).

What is Sega thinking. This game should be getting the A list treatment. Not Project Regurgitate Diva 2.0.

I'd take this over that any day of the week.

There is practice mode.

BONKERS

I must have missed that. Even more reason why this should be a higher profile release over Diva X.

As a musician, this has always fucking drove me crazy about Diva. I can't just practice the part i'm having trouble with and have to monotonously try to get my way back to that point where i'm having trouble.

True , but by the time Diva X is out , wouldn't it be too late ?it's not like they can't just skip it and then promote the next one.

Just checking before I pre-order this, is the song list here accurate for the PS4 release? I'm seeing moon, Magnet, Hato, Strobo Nights and other songs that were only in PD1/PD2. I could finally stop having to hook up my PSP to Dreamy Theatre if they are actually in this.

muteki

True , but by the time Diva X is out , wouldn't it be too late ?it's not like they can't just skip it and then promote the next one.
Sega might be better off to release Future Tone further off in the west, I think they are a little crazy as is, releasing it so close to X in Japan, and before it at that. Looking at the game, I could totally see myself having plenty of PD to play just with Future Tone for quite a long time after X.

To me, it makes total sense to release FT after X, I wouldn't be surprised to see it released next year in NA.

Edit: found someone who uploaded a recent Sega stream about FT to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLah1IV25cVGVUtLSOIORfrOxpFhWBRcdN

It's all in Japanese unfortunately, and I'm only understanding half of it, but reading through, it almost seems like the head swapping and survival mode features are DLC? I can't tell if they mean DLC for Prelude (so included in the full game) or DLC for the full game (as in, purchased separately).

Zhao_Yun

It's all in Japanese unfortunately, and I'm only understanding half of it, but reading through, it almost seems like the head swapping and survival mode features are DLC? I can't tell if they mean DLC for Prelude (so included in the full game) or DLC for the full game (as in, purchased separately).

Nope, they are not DLC. You'll get both head swapping and survival mode if you purchase both song packs (Colorful Tone and Future Sound).

muteki

Nope, they are not DLC. You'll get both head swapping and survival mode if you purchase both song packs (Colorful Tone and Future Sound).
Ah ok, thats what they were referring to. Thanks! I just heard 追加コンテンツ and 購入 and got worried.

Zhao_Yun

Ah ok, thats what they were referring to. Thanks! I just heard 追加コンテンツ and 購入 and got worried.

I actually wasn't able to watch the video you posted, but on the official website it says:

『初音ミク Project DIVA Future Tone』の追加コンテンツである『Future Sound』と『Colorful Tone』。この両方を購入することで、特典として「髪型カスタマイズ機能」と「サバイバルコース」が追加されます。

So basically it's considered a bonus for those who get both packs.

yyr

I think you just sold me on the pre-order theme. Better get crackin'

I could finally stop having to hook up my PSP to Dreamy Theatre if they are actually in this.

Why would you need to keep hooking it up? Just unlock everything on the PSP version, then connect it once. You should never need to connect it again, at least for 2nd and Extend. And DT2nd contains all of 1st by default, IIRC.

I tried to buy Japan PSN credit from Play Asia so that I could pre-order this game, but VISA won't authorize the purchase even though I've bought stuff with this card from Play Asia before. What should I do? Any other safe places I can buy Japan PSN credit from?

Jucksalbe

Banned
I tried to buy Japan PSN credit from Play Asia so that I could pre-order this game, but VISA won't authorize the purchase even though I've bought stuff with this card from Play Asia before. What should I do? Any other safe places I can buy Japan PSN credit from?

Try calling your credit card company or use PayPal.

Mandelbo

Question: is there any reason whatsoever not to choose Future Tone over Diva X if you don't care about story mode? The games are coming out quite close to each other and Future Tone seems objectively better than X. What's this about two song packs? On PSN the game is listed at ¥8,000 or so. Does this not contain all the songs?

muteki

Question: is there any reason whatsoever not to choose Future Tone over Diva X if you don't care about story mode? The games are coming out quite close to each other and Future Tone seems objectively better than X. What's this about two song packs? On PSN the game is listed at ¥8,000 or so. Does this not contain all the songs?
¥8,000 gets you all of Future Tone. I'd only get X if you really like the set list (as they wont be in arcade for a while/ever), or you are tired of the old songs in arcade (though there are a bunch of exclusives too).
Call your card company and tell them you are traveling, or use the card w/ paypal.

Why would you need to keep hooking it up? Just unlock everything on the PSP version, then connect it once. You should never need to connect it again, at least for 2nd and Extend. And DT2nd contains all of 1st by default, IIRC.
I only have Dreamy Theatre 1 and that requires you to hook the PSP up every time (since it is used as the controller).

Top Bottom