• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (arcade port) announced for PS4

muteki

Woo! First time I have preordered something from PSN store.

They should really give the themes to you on the spot instead of making you wait >_>

I imagine they don't want to take your themes and run. I'm pretty sure you can cancel preorders at least.

From store page:
※本コンテンツは、即座に決済されます。キャンセルできませんので、ご注意ください。
I don't think you can cancel.

Can you make your JP account a primary account for the PS4 after the fact? I need to check and make sure I set it up right.

They should really give the themes to you on the spot instead of making you wait >_>

I imagine they don't want to take your themes and run. I'm pretty sure you can cancel preorders at least.

Still banking that this will see a localization on our shores.

The Miku Expo tour was fantastic (she sang Tell Your World in Spanish at the Mexico concert) and all the other concerts with the exception of one were completely sold out.

Miku is alive and well in NA and we need MORE!

Ok, looks like my PS4 is activated as a primary system for my JP account, but the game's countdown does not show up in my library for my main account. Neither do avatars that I download. Normal?

From store page:

I don't think you can cancel.

Yeah then what the heck I want those themes now.

Ok, looks like my PS4 is activated as a primary system for my JP account, but the game's countdown does not show up in my library for my main account. Neither do avatars that I download. Normal?

Yeah then what the heck I want those themes now.
Can't confirm for this game, but usually only games that are already downloaded appear in your library on other accounts. Avatars are always locked to the original account

Alright I bought the Yen codes from Play-Asia (highly recommended for that especially if you can find a discount code)

Let's do this

m4st4

Wait, I'll make sure to follow the instructions carefuly cause I've never created a Japanese PSN account, but how do you pay for stuff, is my regular EU PSN Visa okay? I really want this game.

Edit: Oh okay, I have to buy Yen codes as well... :-(

Wait, I'll make sure to follow the instructions carefuly cause I've never created a Japanese PSN account, but how do you pay for stuff, is my regular EU PSN Visa okay? I really want this game.

You need to buy prepaid Yen PSN cards/codes. For example here

Foreign CCs or other payment methods will not work

Thanks! Do you know if Visa Electron works on PlayAsia.com? I'm only using cred for amazon cause it's really simple with no extra check-ups.

I can't help you with that sorry. Google also didn't help much except for a post from 2004 saying that they do, but a lot could have changed since then :p

mao2

Thanks! Do you know if Visa Electron works on PlayAsia.com? I'm only using cred for amazon cause it's really simple with no extra check-ups.
My Visa Electron card works on Play-Asia.

Thanks anyway, I'll figure something out! 3000 yen should do or do I buy one for 5000? Can't find the price here on GAF or on Japanese PSN.
Right now you can only pre-order the full set and it costs 8,424yen. When the game releases you can purchase each pack separately for 4,212yen.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja...tone/cid=JP0177-CUSA03828_00-DIVAFT393MJTENSI

m4st4

Hah that video is pretty cool :)

The full game is 8424 Yen or it comes in two parts of 4212 Yen each. Each part has over 100 songs though so while it may seem expensive, it really isn't.

I just can't believe this game is restricted to Japan only (for now). It looks like the ultimate Mika game, looks incredible and has insane amount of content... so why is X the one with Western support?

I still have faith this will eventually come out, they probably want to see sales for X as they did for PS3/Vita versions.

I just can't believe this game is restricted to Japan only (for now). It looks like the ultimate Mika game, looks incredible and has insane amount of content... so why is X the one with Western support?

I still have faith this will eventually come out, they probably want to see sales for X as they did for PS3/Vita versions.

Probably because of the insane amount of content. That's a shitload of songs to have to license, translate, ect. PDX only has like 30 (40?) songs but it will probably cost $50 USD so that's a way better return of investment for them.

ChrisD

So uhhh, when does Prelude actually release?

Was just checking my eMail before going to bed for the night, and the mail update had a Play-Asia newsletter. Checked it because the title was talking about a new Zelda figure, but did a quick skim through the whole thing. Noticed it had a section for Future Tone, so I read through and they said twice that the demo was out - along with a handy link. But said link just leads me to the same place the PS4 storefront does: the page to buy both games together for (rounded up) 9k Yen.

I'm assuming they're wrong on the date, but if they're not and there is a link I could click to get the demo I'd be super grateful to anyone who could share. :D

raven777

So uhhh, when does Prelude actually release?

Was just checking my eMail before going to bed for the night, and the mail update had a Play-Asia newsletter. Checked it because the title was talking about a new Zelda figure, but did a quick skim through the whole thing. Noticed it had a section for Future Tone, so I read through and they said twice that the demo was out - along with a handy link. But said link just leads me to the same place the PS4 storefront does: the page to buy both games together for (rounded up) 9k Yen.

I'm assuming they're wrong on the date, but if they're not and there is a link I could click to get the demo I'd be super grateful to anyone who could share. :D

Prelude comes out the day of the release (June 23rd).

SHarris78

I read somewhere that prelude is out on the 20th, with the full games available to preload on 21st before its release on 23rd.

How does the distribution work exactly? Is Prelude the "game" and the other parts are DLC? Or are they all individual apps?

raven777

How does the distribution work exactly? Is Prelude the "game" and the other parts are DLC? Or are they all individual apps?

prelude is the main app. You need to download prelude (which is free) and then download the 2 DLC packs to get the full content.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm sorta disappointed that this doesn't have Luka on it, since the controller that came out around F 2nd featured the twins. Oh well, it looks pretty nice anyway.

Agreed, I'm waiting for a Luka-themed controller before I make that kinda cash commitment on one.

You can always just apply your own artwork to the controller. It's done all the time in the arcade stick world. All the same methods apply here.

raven777

more screenshot of the pre-order theme
885e3ad618dd17caf3e26afc29604ff1.jpg

84559860bfe47bc439978e5d64f25eae.jpg

2985b178012d80fd69b3b52024610f7a.jpg

fb878546b5a53edaddaf86e23ce64bca.jpg

2db380f6869bc88f89d5a135abeaa783.jpg

98246bc4060ee86e79ba15491b5d2a63.jpg

They are dynamic theme

Play-Asia currently has a sale on Japanese PSN cards as well! $50 for 5000 yen card and $99 for 10000 yen card! Get it now and get some Miku goodness for cheaper.

muteki

Play-Asia currently has a sale on Japanese PSN cards as well! $50 for 5000 yen card and $99 for 10000 yen card! Get it now and get some Miku goodness for cheaper.
They always seem to mark their prices as on sale. The sale price goes up and down with the exchange rate (up much quicker than down). It isn't a bad price though.

In USD, the card is worth ~94 dollars. 5 bucks over isn't bad when you get delivery instantly.

If we get videos of the themes before release I could be persuaded to pre-order. Pics of dynamic themes are so pointless.

your move SEGA

Some more details

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/hatsune-...main-menu-music-selector-practice-photography

Sega has detailed some of the basic features of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone for PlayStation 4, including the main menu, music selector, practice, and photography elements.

At least they didn't block screenshots :)

Through “PV Appreciation,” you can enjoy the game’s music videos. In addition to PlayStation 4’s Share capabilities, there is also an exclusive photographing function that lets you press the triangle button to take a photo during the music video. The photographs you take can be used as loading screen backgrounds for the game, as well as viewed and shared from PlayStation 4’s Capture Gallery.

ZeroX03

Banned
Do we know how trophies are going to play out? Especially with two games, and probably not a lot of the extraneous stuff to deal with.

I hope we can skip to Hard if "Advanced Player" is one of the trophies. e: just read the article, Hard is unlocked by default! Doing all of those songs on Normal first would have been excruciating.

Zhao_Yun

Hm.. too bad they didn't clarify whether the share button will work for video recordings or streaming. I could see them blocking both.

muteki

Nice to know we won't have to play through normal.

Though with the differences to regular PD being new to me I imagine I'll need quite a bit of practice anyway.

I hope they include some quality lag calibration tools. It was a lot of trial and error on the old games and I struggled to get it to feel right.

muteki

Soejima miku was pretty nice, but I'm pretty meh on the module itself.

Hopefully though there are plenty of DLC available for FT in general in the future.

Only thing slightly disappointing about this game is that, in combing over the song list, it seems all of my favorites from Mirai DX are missing. 1925, Happy Synthesizer, Animal Fortunetelling, and Do Re Mi Fa Rondo are all ace and my favorites but they chose to ignore them just to spite me.

Only thing slightly disappointing about this game is that, in combing over the song list, it seems all of my favorites from Mirai DX are missing. 1925, Happy Synthesizer, Animal Fortunetelling, and Do Re Mi Fa Rondo are all ace and my favorites but they chose to ignore them just to spite me.
Not every song from Project mirai exists in Arcade, and Future Tone doesn't contain any content that didn't appear in Arcade first.

Top Bottom