• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've just noticed that there's a Project Diva F demo up on the PS Store since Thursday.

Today is 8/31 it's miku birthday ...

Go into the Miku diva room and you'll have an event with kaito and rin offering a cake to miku ( secret event )

I love those kind of easters eggs...

Today is 8/31 it's miku birthday ...

Go into the Miku diva room and you'll have an event with kaito and rin offering a cake to miku ( secret event )

I love those kind of easters eggs...
Interesting. For me, it was Luka and Ren.

I remember thinking that the demos that I had downloaded for Project Diva 2nd and Extend were busted whenever the arrows came up. It only occurred to me now that the W in the arrows could stand for "Double" as in press both the directional button and the face button corresponding to it. BINGO!! I feel like such an idiot. :p

Man, I thought Theatrhythm FF would make it impossible for me to get back to button-based rhythm games, but I'm glad to be wrong. The stars that come up are interesting to work with, one of these days I'll get a perfect chain clear without those messing me up. Is anybody else trying not to watch the goings-on of the music video behind the buttons as they come up?

Bottom line, I think this'll be the most fun I have with a rhythm music title and a Miku game, and I'm bummed that I'm playing this on my U.S. PSN account which means I won't be able to get the DLC that I'm sure is coming.

Any bets on the PS3 version of this game having Cross Controller compatibility with the Vita to solve the flicking stars issue, if not with analog sticks or an iffy PS Move functionality?

Some notes so far:

• The in-game PVs are definitely sub-native resolution, same way they are in the menus. The only things getting rendered at native res are the bitmapped elements like the interface and title cards.
  • Your grade is based on rank points, with the maximum rank points possible being 100. 89 rank points are earned by getting Cool and Fine judgements (they're worth the same), 5 points are earned by earning Chance Time Success, and 6 points are earned by clearing Technical Zones.
  • Timing is definitely different from previous iterations. Not sure if all songs are synced properly yet.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Some notes so far:

• The in-game PVs are definitely sub-native resolution, same way they are in the menus. The only things getting rendered at native res are the bitmapped elements like the interface and title cards.
  • Your grade is based on rank points, with the maximum rank points possible being 100. 89 rank points are earned by getting Cool and Fine judgements (they're worth the same), 5 points are earned by earning Chance Time Success, and 6 points are earned by clearing Technical Zones.
  • Timing is definitely different from previous iterations. Not sure if all songs are synced properly yet.

Dang, I was hoping that everything would be rendered in native resolution. I may probably wait for the PS3 release :(

Dang, I was hoping that everything would be rendered in native resolution. I may probably wait for the PS3 release :(

Considering we know next to nothing about how this will work on PS3 or if the PS3 version even still exists, I don't really think this is a big enough issue to skip it entirely for. It actually isn't really all that noticeable for most people judging by no one here mentioning it - I'm just ridiculously sensitive to this sort of thing.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Considering we know next to nothing about how this will work on PS3 or if the PS3 version even still exists, I don't really think this is a big enough issue to skip it entirely for.

True, I already have Project Diva for the PSP anyways, so it is a huge upgrade regardless.

I heard they had a whole new song list, how does that compare to Project Diva and Project Diva 2nd?

Ken

My copy is in the post office buuuut it will be Sunday tomorrow. :<

At least if I wait until Monday I have a chance to pick it and Senran Kagura Burst up at the same time.

ranmafan

I just got the game myself last night. Sadly first time I preordered a game from Amazon.jp and it didn't actually come on the day of release for some reason. Anyway really enjoying it. Only just recently got into the PSP games. Touch controls surprised me at first but I've gotten used to them. Fun game so far.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just got the game myself last night. Sadly first time I preordered a game from Amazon.jp and it didn't actually come on the day of release for some reason.
Amazon is pretty bad when it comes to the release day delivery. I personally use the Yodobashi Camera online store for my day 1 purchases.

Interesting. For me, it was Luka and Ren.
Intresting ..so these events are dynamic ?
Anyway the diva roms are a vast improvement over the psp version
Any bets on the PS3 version of this game having Cross Controller compatibility with the Vita to solve the flicking stars issue, if not with analog sticks or an iffy PS Move functionality?
PS Move is a big NO..
Their best bet is to use the analog sticks for the star notes ( or sixaxis movements )
Some notes so far:

Timing is weird in extreme difficulty ..i'm sure that's because i'm not accustomed to this difficulty yet.
The normal difficulty uses a lot of circle + triangle when in previous games this was more of circle + cross.

The sub rez is a no issue. the game is gorgeous and uses a lot of effects..

The game need headphones to be enjoyed properly...

No reason to wait , the ps3 release is far in the future and the game is a good game and is beautifull.Given what the game throw at you if you like project diva ..there is no point to wait , especially for such a reason

I received my copy yesterday. This is the first Vocaloid rhythm game I've really played and it's not clicking with me just yet- In most of the songs I played, I found it difficult to get the rhythm down...just wasn't hearing it and ended up using the on-screen timers to match up the icons. Felt like I was just pressing buttons and still ended up with a decent score anyway. :/

i suggest playing with headphones and removing the button press sound effects ( put them on off but keep the star not sound effects )..
it'll be much better to enjoy the music

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Some notes so far:

Too bad about the ingame PVs. Guess I'm waiting to see if a PS3 version still forms next year as originally announced.

Wonko_C

Maybe it's because of new game hype but I think the sub-native res actually helps this game (and I hate sub-native with a passion), it makes me think parts of the game are pre-rendered movies (ovbiously not the character models because of the multiple costumes), it has a certain "video fuzziness" thing going for it. Parts of Odds & Ends are definetly pre-rendered, though. I like how they use a lot of different styles and techniques for the PVs.

Priz

w00p! My copy from amiami just arrived about 15 minutes ago. :) Thought I'd have to wait until Tuesday but it actually came today.

20120901_104605.jpg

EDIT: Received a reply to sending my picture to Makoto Osaki. Cool!

fr4nz

Nippon-Yasan sent mine on the 31 in the morning. I wonder how long I will have to wait for it to arrive here, in belgium.

Tailer

Nice got mine today, gotta say I'm quite dissapointed with the sub-qHD really expected it to be native res since the youtube videos looked much nicer on the PS Vita :/. Around the same res as Everybody's Golf.

Got the Platinum yesterday (took about 23 hours for me). It will take longer depending on your skill level (I was able to crank out a guaranteed 90-120k DP per song when I needed to farm points).

I love the game -- music is great, very fond of the selection, and I think the PVs look amazing. The Platinum itself was somewhat annoying, but I guess that is mostly because I'm not a huge fan of the "My Room" component in games like this, and that is what a lot of the trophies revolved around.

Also love the fact that there is SO MUCH loading screen artwork and you can go into the viewer, screenshot it, and use it for wallpapers and the like :)

If anyone out there playing is a decent level player and wants to do some score competition for fun, hit me up!

Wonko_C

Got the Platinum yesterday (took about 23 hours for me). It will take longer depending on your skill level (I was able to crank out a guaranteed 90-120k DP per song when I needed to farm points).

I love the game -- music is great, very fond of the selection, and I think the PVs look amazing. The Platinum itself was somewhat annoying, but I guess that is mostly because I'm not a huge fan of the "My Room" component in games like this, and that is what a lot of the trophies revolved around.

Also love the fact that there is SO MUCH loading screen artwork and you can go into the viewer, screenshot it, and use it for wallpapers and the like :)

If anyone out there playing is a decent level player and wants to do some score competition for fun, hit me up!

Wow, congrats on the platinum, I'm 33 hours in and I still have to buy lots of furniture and accesories. How did you get the "Play your favorite edit" trophy? I don't see a way to give "favorite" status to any song. Or is it something else?

Speaking of score competitions, it baffles me that they did include online functionality in the form of edit songs but they still seem reluctant to add leaderboards when they're a no-brainer for this type of game.

That aside, anyone knows what are the alarm and kitchen timer for? Are they intended to be used like normal alarms? Wouldn't the Vita's sleep mode defeat their purpose?

Deeku

Not really sure I can recommend the accessory pack honestly; the Vita case is actually so large that the Vita bounces around inside it and I can't say I found anything in the box very attractive.
Aw sucks to hear, was hoping the case would be decent. Guess I will pass on the pack then.

Wow, congrats on the platinum, I'm 33 hours in and I still have to buy lots of furniture and accesories. How did you get the "Play your favorite edit" trophy? I don't see a way to give "favorite" status to any song. Or is it something else?

Speaking of score competitions, it baffles me that they did include online functionality in the form of edit songs but they still seem reluctant to add leaderboards when they're a no-brainer for this type of game.

That aside, anyone knows what are the alarm and kitchen timer for? Are they intended to be used like normal alarms? Wouldn't the Vita's sleep mode defeat their purpose?

For the playing your favorite edit trophy, all you have to do is download an edit data, and when you go to play it, there is a button you can press (maybe triangle?) to "favorite" it. After that just exit out to the main menu. You don't even actually have to play the song.

I'm also baffled by the lack of score sharing. You can send your profile to other people, who can check your scores from there, but even this can only be done locally. So strange.

As far as the alarm and timer, not sure if there is much practical use. Maybe if you leave your Vita charging on a cradle you could use them? I'm not sure if they override the sleep on the Vita or not.

are there already edit for diva F at the usual places ? how do i use them ?

Also while you have a diva F page active , on your vita , the vita will refuse to totally go to sleep and will turn off the screen only ..this does drain the battery a lot ( remember guys, TURN OFF if you want to keep battery.

I think this will be used with clock and alarm object ... wlll try and report..

Edits are centralized now, so you can upload and download edits from within the game itself. You still have to supply your own MP3 though if it doesn't use one of the songs the game comes with (in addition to the playable songs, there are a few older songs available in edit mode like World is mine and Miku miku ni shite ageru - though not as many as the previous games and nothing we haven't already heard).

fr4nz

Yay got mine today :

7N8vq.jpg

Dispatched on the 31st from Nippon-Yasan and received it today (in Belgium).

Can't wait to play it after work :p

My package was shipped the other day but I didn't get a tracking number, so the wait is going to destroy me.

EDIT: I guess it helps to raise my hype levels, but surprises kill me. ):

Top Bottom