• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you grown out of the Gaming Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone in the OT forum is mellow, but people who are relatively exclusive to the Gaming Forum are reactionary crybabies.

[THIS IS A TROLL]!!!

MrAngryFace said:
Everyone in the OT forum is mellow, but people who are relatively exclusive to the Gaming Forum are reactionary crybabies.

[THIS IS A TROLL]!!!
Troll this....
lg1.jpg

Hooker

Yeah, quite some time though. I used to post exclusively on the Gaming-Forum but that has changed over the course of a year or so. I do regulary check it though

Hooker said:
Yeah, quite some time though. I used to post exclusively on the Gaming-Forum but that has changed over the course of a year or so. I do regulary check it though
Same here, I check there for some random updates, but the OT is where its at.

I barely ever visit the Gaming Forum. Mostly because I'm not really interested in games anymore except for the occasional sports game.

I used to be exclusively Gaming Forum, but through the years it has slowly shifted.

I used to visit the Gaming Forum a lot, but the people in there seem to care too much about their opinions. I get more entertainment, laughs and information out of the Off Topic area :)

DJ Sl4m

Exagerated or not, I really don't think you're far from the truth.

I read the Gaming forum from time to time (like today), but more often than not, I read only the OT forum.

Too much funny shit here, plus Ripclaws news posts save me from surfing news sites I could give a rats ass about while looking fro crazy stuff like that.

MrAngryFace said:
Well im 24, so I guess it scales or something. I generally like the 25-40 year old looking women.

Wait a few more years.... then you get to be the dirty old man.

As the old saying goes, The older I get, they still stay the same.

El Papa

I always check out the gaming forum, but don't perticipate in it as much as would if I wasn't a poor college student.

El Papa said:
I always check out the gaming forum, but don't perticipate in it as much as would if I wasn't a poor college student.
So.....

How do you relate to the hype train of the GAF Gaming section?

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I have to admit that I'm getting a bit sick of the FPS and Japan-vs-US threads that repeat themselves endlessly.

andthebeatgoeson

Only in OT can you get quality, home entertainment for the family like the A..B...C...thread. Oh wait, that was actually the Buy/Sell board. NM, this board gets a 6.8.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Hawksley said:
Because the OT forum never repeats itself. ;)
Yes, but it repeats itself on topics I'm more interested in, such as dropping food and peeing on yourself.

Dilbert

I've been reading the Gaming Forum more and more these days...not coincidentally, I'm actually back into gaming these days. I just got a GBA SP the other day, and I play UT2k4 compulsively, so there are several items of interest in the other forum. I have a talent for completely ignoring gaming trolls...probably because I think videogame fanboys are probably the most virginal, ridiculous species of fanatics. I've gotten a TON of good info, though, so I have nothing but respect for the serious posters there.

If anything, the Off-Topic Forum has become more and more predictable these days. Most threads tend to fall into the same predictable buckets:

1) Official [NBA|NHL|MLB|NFL|Soccer] Thread
2) OMG [male celebrity|female celebrity] is SOOO hot!
3) Blatantly Inflammatory Political Thread #nnn
4) What are you [listening to|watching|eating|pulling out of your ass] right now?
5) My [boyfriend|girlfriend] just [broke up with|cheated on|shot] me -- what should I do?
6) Help me -- my computer is [infected with spyware|running slowly|needing an upgrade|on fire|cheating on me]!
7) [Kobe Bryant|Michael Jordan] is better than [Michael Jordan|Kobe Bryant|oxygen|sex|life itself]
8) Show us your [desktop|pets|tits]

Am I the only one who thinks the OT Forum is slowying turning into the FYAD of Gaming-Age?

Note: If you don't get it, just disregard this post.

El Papa

GuntherBait said:
So.....

How do you relate to the hype train of the GAF Gaming section?

Well, I still like playing videogames, it's just not much of a hobby of mine at this time because of my living conditions and lack of cash monies. I don't really get caught up in the hype, I know what I like and don't like, and there is some good discussion when it doesn't turn into a flame/fanboy fest, but those can be fun too.

Suerte

Yes, I have now set up base camp in the off topic forum, gaming is boring, bring back the good old days of Sonic Vs. Mario then we'll talk about moving :p

The gaming forum fucking reeeeeeks. I cannot tolerate reading anymore ssX's posts explaining how a brick black and red building is commonplace in the jungle, and that a spy would have suitable CAMO to actually MATCH said building. Then there is Marconelly, whose PS2 zealotry is reaching new heights..

Of course, there's also the coloful assortment of stupid trolls for each console, respectively. Those two, though, take the cake. Like I said, that forum just isn't fun anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom