• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you seen any really cringe-worthy gaming channels?

I have only seen one that was really terrible. I can't remember what it was called but golly it was bad. I get in the mood for cringe once in a while so I wanted to know what you guys have seen.

Persona7

Banned
There is one called "I am a gamer" or something like that but I think it was removed from youtube.

I could post some sonic related videos but that is WAY too easy.

zsynqx

Nearly all of them

in all honesty the one that springs to mind is those two guys who were on Inside Gaming Daily on Machinima. Just a load of shouting with absolutely zero substance and a very limited understanding of the industry as a whole. Not sure if that show still exists?

Mine! Many seem to like it, but I'm afflicted with commonly wanting to cringe when I hear my own voice. Apparently very common to dislike your own voice?

Apt101

Yes but I don't want to call it out by name. It seems like home base for "gamer gate" if that gives you an idea of how awful it is.

Mine! Many seem to like it, but I'm afflicted with commonly wanting to cringe when I hear my own voice. Apparently very common to dislike your own voice?

Yes it's common I used to hate sound of my voice on my videos too but now I can handle it better, in fact I enjoy watching my videos sometimes as well :)

zsynqx

I knew DSP would make 1st reply, lol.

I like to imagine DSP knows what he is doing, and his schtick is an ironic take on modern gamer culture. Either way he is past the point of cringe-worthy for me and is just out and out hilarious.

Timu

I like to imagine DSP knows what he is doing, and his schtick is an ironic take on modern gamer culture. Either way he is past the point of cringe-worthy for me and is just out and out hilarious.
He's hilarious when he fails at games!

Kinsei

Banned

I believe he knows what he's doing in stuff like fighting games and fails on purpose, but I don't believe he's faking it in character action games or the From Software games he's played.

213372bu

Banned
Vagabonds, after quitting his famed montage positions, started doing real video game videos after the montage parody thing wore itself out.

The results (nsfw language):
Vagabonds

Also after Seananners and Hutch quit Machinima Respawn, there was a (successful) revival. This lead to there being a big Team Machinima Respawn channel in addition to the Machinima Respawn main channel. Well, after Sark quit, Machinima fired a whole bunch of people and lead to this cringe worthy trash.

The channel is now defunct to say the least.

Also the Game Theorist is BS and just flat-out lies for jokes. Matt-pat is also really cringeworthy and apparently an asshole outside of the channel so it doesn't help.

zychi

Banned
Sodapoppin

All he does is complain about his life and how he has nothing to play. Hates his viewers and uses "gay" as an insult.

Meanwhile people send him money just to send him a message.

It makes me sad for humanity.

Timu

Sodapoppin

All he does is complain about his life and how he has nothing to play. Hates his viewers and uses "gay" as a insult.

Meanwhile people send him money just to send him a message.

It makes me sad for humanity.
Wait...this exist?o_O

The only way I can describe Game Theory is "ugh".

There are a bunch of unknown gamer youtubers that try to cram every game they like in their ~ 1 min intro. My eyes tend to roll out of their sockets.

All channels that use stupid voices, screaming, lame jokes and chaotic editing.

So pretty much most of them.
I tend to agree here, even though sometimes I have to watch a Vanossgaming video because I laugh a lot with certain games.

I stick to planned live-action videos, montage or gameplay video that is edited with a theme, and if there is a lot of yelling or whatnot, it's usually when we shoot the other players or click away. Recently it was footage of someone making fart and pooping sound in GTA.

What makes his channel so bad? (I haven't heard of him before). I just watched a couple of minutes of one of his vids and it didn't seem that bad

I don't watch his channel's videos. I do watch "This is how you don't play ______" videos his haters make. Youtube This is how you don't play MGS2. It's hilarious. He plays for hours not knowing to hit the L2 button to bring up items to heal.

Kindekuma

Banned
There's this one guy who harasses girls in my college department and was just an overall creepy guy, he was huge on video games and making sure that everyone knew he likes internet memes. Anyway, it became common knowledge about him that he makes money from gameplay videos on YouTube. He said he is successful and makes enough monthly to "pay the bills" and plugs his channel as often as possible in public.

So one day I take a look, it's a few hundred plus subscribers, cringe as all hell Need for Speed videos and from the looks of it. Also he might be making around 19 cents in ad-revenue monthly given current viewer counts.

Oh god its bad. I can't really describe how awful the content is.

ChrisD

DSPGaming. Just watch some of his Souls/Bloodborne, Bayonetta, and Devil May Cry videos. https://www.youtube.com/user/DSPGaming

Clicked the first video that popped up in his feed on mobile. It was on Minecraft Story Mode. One minute in and:

"Minecraft, the BILLION dollar game, Notch the creator, selling it for a BILLION dollars. And apparently now he tweets all the time about how depressed he is because he doesn't know how to live like a rich guy? *cracks fake laughter*, yeah well, careful what you wish for."

I've never heard of DSP until just then, but screw him. How does one freaking say something like that and still have a base. I shut the window as soon as he finished that thought process.

E: LIVE like a rich guy, auto-correct, not love like a rich guy. >_>

MiguelItUp

This guy (AlphaOmegaSin). Every once and awhile I click on a video someone posts and it's this guy. I always give him a chance, but there's just something about him that makes me cringe.

Top Bottom