• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haven Studios Announces FairGame$

mortal

I don't know what you call this character art-style, but I'll never buy a game with it. It's like Watchdogs or that new Saints Row game 🤮
It's hard to pinpoint, but it's definitely a trend. It's like hypebeast meets shooter meets quirky youth culture or something.

The type of shit where they slap some quirky XD stickers or graffiti on an automatic rifle. It's kind of obnoxious how ubiquitous it is.

Ronin_7

We've not seen shit but zero interest in anything GaaS but good on Sony for trying to have some hits there.

HTK

Banned
Looks like a FLOP to me, but we’ll see what gameplay actually looks like. So far it looks generic af, similar to a lot of the game from the past 5 years unfortunately.

And Sony acquired this studio. What the hell did they see in this? This is the most generic crap I've seen. Fortnite meets GTA/Payday with a bit of WatchDogs built in?

Last edited:

Rac3r

The concept art for this game looked way cooler than what we saw in this trailer. Character design is corny and I’m not crazy about the heist theme. Need to see gameplay footage, but I’m very underwhelmed as I was expecting a futuristic open world game with a story. This looks more like Payday meets Redfall, but prettier.

It's hard to pinpoint, but it's definitely a trend. It's like hypebeast meets shooter meets quirky youth culture or something.

The type of shit where they slap some quirky XD stickers or graffiti on an automatic rifle. It's kind of obnoxious how ubiquitous it is.
These games are aimed at middle schoolers

VN1X

Banned
I thought this was Sega's & CA's "Hyenas" at first and that they changed the name or something. I swear the font and some of the art is the exact same?

Hell, even the entire concept of 3v3v3v3 heist gameplay is similar to it.

Last edited:
There's a lot of stuff going on in the trailer that doesn't bother me and I'll happily wait to see if the gameplay is actually fun without the kneejerk reaction. Hopefully the heist system has a complex layer to it with something deeper motive than what's hinted at. As someone who is broke, eat the rich is about as played out and low as you can get that's not the horrible student debt bullshit we've seen.

Basically tankie watchdogs, with a multiracial young and hip group of heroes/activists.

It basically scream woke. Who the fuck they make this for I will never understand.

I can only imagine someone somewhere is like:

throw have it GIF by Freek Vonk
Season 18 Episode 13 GIF by The Simpsons

make that game and then realize

Gordon Ramsay Cake GIF by FOX TV

Edit: I hope to be mistaken, but every fiber in my body tells me this is not going to go as they expect in sales.

Edit 2: It reminds me of the Sega (battle royale game) and the Capcom (dinosaur game), which I have the same feelings.

Last edited:

BoxFresh123

Whether it's good, bad or indifferent I don't really know what I expected them to be working on but I wouldn't have guessed this.

DarthPutin

Not much point introducing MP game with cinematic trailer. It will live and die by mechanics. Maybe they came up with something interesting and innovative but we'll have no idea for awhile.

Metnut

It didn’t look too bad… was just sort of blah. Once Sony opened the Showcase with this, I was worried this was going to be underwhelming.

I thought this was Sega's & CA's "Hyenas" at first and that they changed the name or something. I swear the font and some of the art is the exact same?

Hell, even the entire concept of 3v3v3v3 heist gameplay is similar to it.

Hyenas

giphy.gif

That's the name of the game I was thinking of when I saw this. I'll feel bad for one of them when the other one doesn't work out. This is literally Overwatch and Battleborn all over again. Maybe Cliffy B will jump into the fray so we can have another 3 way face off, with the Lawbreakers equivalent of a neon colored heist game.

Jubenhimer

I'll reserve judgement until gameplay is shown. But these "Fuck Capitalism" commentaries coming from people who exploit Capitalism for themselves will never not be funny. If this game really wanted to be edgy, it would be about the working class stealing from the woke IRS. Or companies and customers rising up against ESG corporations. But we all know that's not going to happen. Most of these posers who pretend to "fight the system" are in bed with the system to begin with.

Last edited:

Neolombax

Gold Member
Initially thought this was a CG trailer for The Finals. Looks really generic. Maybe the gameplay will change my mind.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Didn't expect this to come out from a PS studio, let alone open the showcase. From characters to concept, everything looked so generic and bland. Focus tested. Safe. Unoriginal. It looked like the millions of other dime a dozen co-op multiplayer games that currently comes down on us these days like a fucking meteorite shower.

Last edited:
Top Bottom