• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haven Studios Announces FairGame$

EDMIX

Ah, so a third person Payday with 3 to a team and slightly futuristic? Could be cool I guess.

Wish we could see actual gameplay too see how heists are performed and how other players can disrupt heists or how and if police or 'corporation security' are involved.

They likely want a dedicated thing to show all that. I liked the concept of PayDay so I want to see more as I'm surprised we didn't really see more games like that after.

I thought the concept was pretty cool

Justin9mm

Did not get a good feeling about this game!

Games with over the top CGI trailers without gameplay are always flops.. This looks like some shitty multiplayer with AAA paint over the top. If it wasn't, they could have shown the slightest sliver of gameplay but they didn't because they know its generic as fuck.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

Gold Member
This has Jade Raymond written all over it. Its supposedly edgy and thought provoking, but just ends up being shit with mediocre/crap gameplay.
Some people have speculated that Jade Raymond will take over after Jim retires. Ya'll have fun with that.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
A competitive heist game sounds interesting. The Fortnite inspired visuals* don't excite me but the entertainment industry is all about aping what the kids are playing.

*= we haven't even seen the actual game yet, but going by that CGI I am assuming it will look like Fortnite.

solidus12

The studio is comprised of ex Ubisoft people, so that explains the similarity.

I truly hope their Gaas game fail miserably so they can be humbled and focus on their strengths.

Banjo64

cumsessed
This morning I’m literally in shock that they wanted this to open their show. Just from the premise and trailer, this will be in the running for the worst Sony game ever.

Could be fun, could be terrible. Way too early to tell. Sony should have waited a bit and reveal the game with some gameplay instead of doing it with some CGI trailer.

Banjo64

cumsessed
For a heist game to work it needs to be believable like GTA V.

Poverty stricken protagonists with nothing. Dysfunctional, embedded in gang land behaviours (dealing, taking drugs, low-mid level crime). Harsh language, scummy personalities.

Not university graduates with bubblegum hair and a degree in gender studies who live in the suburbs.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Just fuck any modern multiplayer, co-op only, totaly uninspired, boring, rotten and cringe looking GaaS games for 15-20 year olds. If I could've cared even less about this game than I do now, I would.

skit_data

Can't say it looks either bad or good, it's a cinematic trailer with zero gameplay. It gets a plus for having the amen break in it but outside of that it doesn't really move the needle.

Top Bottom