• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO is airing a marathon of The Wire remastered in HD (one season per day, Dec 26-30)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
IIRC the (season 5)
Red Ribbon serial killer is just unnecessary. Aren't all the victims just Snoop's victims, killed with the nailgun?

I watched it like a decade ago, sorry I don't have photographic memory

As I remember, they start finding bodies
behind the boarded houses? IMHO that'd be reason enough to cry serial killer

You're mixing up Season 4 and 5

Snoop and Chris's victims were killed (mostly) by bullets, then entombed in the vacant rowhouses by use of the nailgun to replace the removed plywood barricading the entrance.

The Red Ribbon "victims" were either one-off murders, OD's, or suicides that were "juked" into looking like strangle-jobs perpetrated by the same person. Everything about the premise seemed plausible enough for me, and was ripe for sensationalism by the press/politicians due to the election season

ElFly

Snoop and Chris's victims were killed (mostly) by bullets, then entombed in the vacant rowhouses by use of the nailgun to replace the removed plywood barricading the entrance.

The Red Ribbon "victims" were either one-off murders, OD's, or suicides that were "juked" into looking like strangle-jobs perpetrated by the same person. Everything about the premise seemed plausible enough for me, and was ripe for sensationalism by the press/politicians due to the election season

Oooh, yeah.

Thanks for the clarification.

I think the only thing really outlandish about that premise is its resolution.
Like, how lucky did they have to be that there just really happened to be a serial killer who targeted homeless people in the area at that time? That they are able to just get away with it all so cleanly was a bit too serendipitous for me.

McNulty
being the one to conceive of all this, though? That doesn't seem out of character for him at all.

x Misogi

I know a lot of people love Omar, but my favorite character is still Bodie Broadus.

Feel like one of those bald headed bitches on the chess board

I know a lot of people love Omar, but my favorite character is still Bodie Broadus.

He's definitely up there for me. It's interesting watching him climb the ladder in the Barksdale crew. He may be jaded, but he ends up seeing the world for what it is and I think that's what leads him to make the decision he does.
Bodie said:
I feel old. I been out there since I was 13. I ain't never fucked up a count, never stole off a package, never did some shit that I wasn't told to do. I been straight up. But what come back? Hmm? You'd think if I get jammed up on some shit they'd be like, "A'ight, yeah. Bodie been there. Bodie hang tough. We got his pay lawyer. We got a bail." They want me to stand with them, right? But where the fuck they at when they supposed to be standing by us? I mean, when shit goes bad and there's hell to pay, where they at? This game is rigged, man. We like the little bitches on a chessboard.

When the high rise towers are demolished he has no illusions what will happen next. While his friends reminisce about the people and memories that will be lost with its destruction he cuts to the heart of the matter
Bodie said:
That ain't the same! Look, they gonna tear this building down, they gonna build some new shit. But people? They don't give a fuck about people.

CrankyJay

Banned
Poor Randy

Is anti-snitching really that ingrained in the young ins'? I'm just amazed at how young the socialization of this sort of stuff starts.

rinse82

Just started the re-watch with my wife (her first time through), and man, it really feels like a new show in HD.

I only made it up to season 4 start in my first viewing, so I'll finally be able to get through the series now.

I really do not like this season. Forgot about the random old cop friend who shows up to tell McNutty that strangling people after they are dead cant be proven.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I felt bad for Bodie because he was a loyal soldier till the end then I remembered Wallace and thought "Fuck that guy"

collige

Banned
I think the only thing really outlandish about that premise is its resolution.
Like, how lucky did they have to be that there just really happened to be a serial killer who targeted homeless people in the area at that time? That they are able to just get away with it all so cleanly was a bit too serendipitous for me.

McNulty
being the one to conceive of all this, though? That doesn't seem out of character for him at all.

Well,
it wasn't actually a serial killer. It was just a crazy homeless dude that killed someone and was so out of it he admitted to the fake ones.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck is that how
omar goes out? by a fucking punk little kid

fuck this
It sucks from a macho-macho bravado, "epic" POV but from a realistic POV it works extremely well. Kind of reminds of main dude getting shot in the head in To Live And Die In L.A out of the blue by that henchman.

That reminds me...that movie is so awesome.

Well,
it wasn't actually a serial killer. It was just a crazy homeless dude that killed someone and was so out of it he admitted to the fake ones.
I thought
he killed two guys, which made him a serial killer. The others were just hand-waved by Rawls and Daniels, implying to the press
sneak fucks
that he probably killed them, too, but there's no need to pile on more charges.
I actually really liked that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom