• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's 05 lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Blatantly ripped from another forum.

HBO in 2005

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...inthehboarsenal

Firepower in the HBO arsenal

Tue Sep 28, 6:26 AM ET Entertainment - USATODAY.com

By Gary Levin, USA TODAY

HBO may never repeat last season's Emmy-dominating strength, but it's not going to stop trying. Here's a look at what's ahead.

December 2004

Life and Death of Peter Sellers, a biopic starring Geoffrey Rush and Charlize Theron.

Early in the year: Lackawanna Blues, a segregation-era movie about tenants in a boardinghouse, starring Liev Schreiber, Jimmy Smits and Louis Gossett Jr.

Dirty War, a movie exploring the consequences of a "dirty bomb" attack on London.

January: Carnivale, the second season of the Dust Bowl drama.

Unscripted, a new comedy series about aspiring actors, produced by George Clooney (news).

March: Deadwood, the second season of the revisionist Western.

Entourage, the second season of the comedy about a Hollywood actor and his posse.

Spring: Empire Falls, miniseries based on the Pulitzer-winning novel. With Paul Newman, Ed Harris (news) and Helen Hunt.

Warm Springs, a movie about young FDR with Kenneth Branagh (news), Cynthia Nixon and Kathy Bates (news).

June: Big Love, a new drama with Bill Paxton as a Utah polygamist.

Six Feet Under, the fifth season of the funeral-home drama. (May be held until fall.)

September: Curb Your Enthusiasm, the fifth season of Larry David's improvised comedy.

Rome, miniseries about the building of the Roman Empire.

Early in the year: The Sopranos, the Mob drama's sixth and final season.

A summary of returning shows next year!

Between Carnivale, Deadwood, Entourage, and Rome this guy is gonna be a happy camper.

Tazznum1 said:
Six Feet Under, the fifth season of the funeral-home drama. (May be held until fall.)

Scumbags.

I say, let them take as long as they need to get the show back to its original season 1 & 2 heights. These last two seasons have been really disappointing.

Tazznum1

True. Very very true. Ever since he married Lisa and skipped a year it has went downhill.

I still say WTF RICO ??!?!? WHY?!?!?

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
There's going to be no new CYE untill September? That's fucking nuts.
Also no mention of Da Ali G Show, this is bad bad news.

At least we have Entourage.

Tazznum1

But but but....Rico and his wife were so cute together, not Rico and that amazon woman.

She could beat his ass though....

Tazznum1 said:
But but but....Rico and his wife were so cute together, not Rico and that amazon woman.

She could beat his ass though....

Yeah, Vanessa and Anhellica rolling up on Infinity was one of the few bright spots in the last season. And when Infinity called Rico a fuckin' "dum dum" on the phone, hahahahaha!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
SKluck said:
I shouldn't be surprised Pacific Band Of Brothers isn't there. I don't think they have even started shooting yet.
IMDB has it listed as 2006. I haven't heard a damned thing about it since it was first vaguely announced a year or two ago. And if I recall right, wasn't Band of Brothers shooting for like 18 months? Considering it hasn't started shooting yet, I'd guess late 2006.

Carnivale supposed to be awesome right? I think I'll buy the first season and catch up before the second starts.

Nice to see Entourage is starting in March too.

A new series with Bill Paxton as a polygamist. What?

I sure hope Rome is good, both just for my own enjoyment and for HBO to make out with it.

Dan said:
Carnivale supposed to be awesome right? I think I'll buy the first season and catch up before the second starts.

Yeah it's awesome, lots of biblical references coming together to become part of the "puzzle" if you will. The first season was rather slow, but I dug the pacing... very wicked, evil undertones that wouldn't be picked up if the show moved faster.

The writing staff has been overhauled for season 2, though, which scares me a little bit. Still looking forward to it though!

Ah man! Oz had become a man-soap. Totally unbelievable. The rapid-aging drug trial story line made me frown, but the cellphone snuck into a maximum security prison was the definitive shark jumping moment.

It's too bad, since the first couple of seasons were fucking awesome.

Nice to see that HBO has recycled some of the actors from Oz into The Wire! (and yo, if you liked Oz, you better be watching The Wire! That show is 100000x better than Oz)

DMczaf

Nice to see that HBO has recycled some of the actors from Oz into The Wire! (and yo, if you liked Oz, you better be watching The Wire! That show is 100000x better than Oz)

When The Wire started I didnt have HBO at the time so I missed like the first 1 1/2 seasons of it. Does The Wire have a Season 1 DVD?

Lil' Dice said:
This show OWNS!

Fuck yeah man. Did you watch last weeks episode yet?

Spoiled, in case you haven't seen it:
That speech the Captain gave at the end - "there's never been a paper bag" - that was as incredible as Omar being snuck into Avon's stash house!

Lil' Dice

Banned
Saint Cornelius said:
Fuck yeah man. Did you watch last weeks episode yet?

Spoiled, in case you haven't seen it:
That speech the Captain gave at the end - "there's never been a paper bag" - that was as incredible as Omar being snuck into Avon's stash house!

Omar is the coolest motherfucker to ever rob a dope dealer.
The writinf is so superb on this show that it sometimes takes me a few seconds to fully absorb the dialogue.

"There is no paper bag"......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom