• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's Veep - Season 3 - Running for president and busting her lady balls - Daniwah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

that was easily the weakest episode of the season for me, but still funny

the one before it will be hard to top

Jonah getting fired is perhaps one of my favorite sequences in the show. Dan really sells that scene where he just happens to be walking by and realizes what is happening and he tells the person he's talking to (Amy?) "Hold on, something truly wonderful is happening."

And then all the coworkers start messing with him, throwing his box of stuff on the ground and what not. I wanted to feel bad for Jonah, but I just couldn't.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
I thought the last episode was great but overall I think I'd rank Veep as a pretty average show.

It's no where near as good as in the thick of it.

New episode tonight:
Fishing

Amy and Dan compete to become Selina's campaign manager; Mike tries to maintain his fertility schedule; Jonah is offered a job on Maddox's team; Gary's shoulder pain threatens his job; Selina is invited to Maddox's country house.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Selina admitting she torched Andrew's car.
KuGsj.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
Every fucking week this show outdoes itself. Holy shit my roommates and I were dying at the bar scene.

Ben is absolutely my favorite character now.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I love that Selina tends to speak at her highest degree of indirect, circular discourse after spouting her appreciation for cutting to the chase with straight talk.

Next week looks to have some fun guest stars.

OMG Selina's Frank Underwood impression!!!

EDIT: Video was very light on the funny and very high on the masturbatory politix shit, but I liked when she did the House of Cards bit.

Masturbatory bullshit is the White House Correspondents Dinner when it's functioning as intended. Occasionally delivering laughs or pointed satire, mostly just rich insiders patting each other on the backs and reminding themselves that they're just playing a game, not looking out for the country.

I believe it was John Oliver in one of the interviews promoting his new show who commented about how disgustingly incestuous the event is. If the various institutions were working properly, none of these journalists, celebrities and politicians of all stripes would be eager to spend an evening hobnobbing with each other.

Vyer

I'm glad we finally learned how Jonah managed to get as far as he did. (Unless it's been mentioned before?)

Jigorath

Banned
Dan and Selina looked like they were about to have sex on that couch, until he blew his chances with that dead dog story.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"I've eaten hummus with a pen cap, don't tell me how I can eat!"

Masturbatory bullshit is the White House Correspondents Dinner when it's functioning as intended. Occasionally delivering laughs or pointed satire, mostly just rich insiders patting each other on the backs and reminding themselves that they're just playing a game, not looking out for the country.

I believe it was John Oliver in one of the interviews promoting his new show who commented about how disgustingly incestuous the event is. If the various institutions were working properly, none of these journalists, celebrities and politicians of all stripes would be eager to spend an evening hobnobbing with each other.

Exactly. The entire thing is just so off putting. I wish that Selina short had been written by Ianucci. Then maybe the entire thing would have actually been funny.

TTG

The childcare mom episode is still the best so far this season, but tonight's was the most laugh out loud funny. I also like Jonah in this reduced role after his gradual take over of the whole thing the last couple of weeks. So many great scenes! Amy playing hostess, the little orientation for the campaign staff, Dan and Selina at the end obviously.

I feel like the title of campaign manager will be bestowed on someone next episode, maybe not Dan or Amy?

Close!

Peru

Oh my god. This show, this season. Thing is every episode feels different and fresh. The structure now works miracles. The dinner scene, the bar scene, Ben's "work" *drink*, drunk Gary's antics, Ken and Sue...

Empty

that was good but i wanted more clay davis. the fishing scene was great.

I love that Selina tends to speak at her highest degree of indirect, circular discourse after spouting her appreciation for cutting to the chase with straight talk.

haha yess

I loved the last episode. Julia is absolutely killing it this season, though she was always amazing in the role. It's not often I like a character, yet want bad things to happen to them, and in this show everyone but Mike and Gary fall into that category, I just want them to succeed.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"And we both agree that the role of Vice President can be a very prominent position."

"Absolutely."

<...>

"I would rather be shot in the fucking face than serve as Vice President again. In the fucking face!"

Greg

"And we both agree that the role of Vice President can be a very prominent position."

"Absolutely."

<...>

"I would rather be shot in the fucking face than serve as Vice President again. In the fucking face!"
her delivery of that last line was so good

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This show. :lol :lol I Couldn't stop laughing throughout the latest episode.

Juz

Mike carrying his "jizzbox" everywhere with him :lol

Just nonstop laughs from start to finish in this episode.

SpyGuy239

Binge watched till the latest season in a week. Started off slow, but by episode 3 I was hooked.

Great show, looking forward to alot more.

What happens when she becomes president? (I'm assuming she does)

The show won't be Veep anymore?

Sanjuro

Binge watched till the latest season in a week. Started off slow, but by episode 3 I was hooked.

Chieef?

McCloud!

Socreges

Banned

She's going to be Maddox's VP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom