• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's Veep - Season 3 - Running for president and busting her lady balls - Daniwah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiN0

The show could end with Selina finally getting elected to President only to show that she is just as miserable, if not more so, than she was as veep.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The show could end with Selina finally getting elected to President only to show that she is just as miserable, if not more so, than she was as veep.

Heh, fast forward to Selina mindlessly spinning in her chair. New desk, same frustrations.

demolitio

She gets elected and the show is renamed POTUS just to premiere with one episode which also happens to be its finale. Ultimate troll.

mclem

I've wondered elsewhere in the thread that since Armando is a fan of Yes, Minister (which very successfully evolved into Yes, Prime Minister), he might be tempted to do the same here. I've seen a suggestion elsewhere which I really like: She gets to president... but with the opposition in the House and Senate. Higher job, still can't do anything.

Random thought: At some point, surely we're going to get some parody campaign ads. I'm looking forward to that - I fully expect them to be indistinguishable from the real ones.

Empty

I've seen a suggestion elsewhere which I really like: She gets to president... but with the opposition in the House and Senate. Higher job, still can't do anything.

this is the only way i see that working. wouldn't even feel contrived either given the state of modern american politics.

BigAT

Heh, fast forward to Selina mindlessly spinning in her chair. New desk, same frustrations.

The idea of a depressed Selina doing her chair spin in an empty oval office is too good of a shot not to happen.

I'm sure someone has brought this up, but I noticed something about the intro of the show. Is Meyer the female "Samson"?

In the intro, she has this significant rise in the political scene, but when she has the haircut, her campaign stalls and she accepts being Veep.

Here you go!

9LCzKop.gif

fucking amazing

Does anyone know if there is an official soundtrack or list of songs that they use on the show?
Because I love the songs they use in the background of episodes.

New episode tonight:
Detroit

Selina's staff and family are annoyed by the presence of her new personal trainer; Jonah and Mike negotiate a photo opportunity; Catherine protects her mother from a protestor; Selina attends a women's gun show.

Dany

Banned
I Better get some motherfucking bob benson tonight or else I'll riot.

edit: I need to go back to bed, woops lol

TTG

Holy shit, the personal trainer, he's great. I was wondering when Andrew would resurface and to tie him in that way, damn. Also, Catherine! We need gifs.

Another week another amazing Veep episode. There really isn't anything else to say other than that HBO has the funniest 1.5 hours I've seen in ages.

bwahhaha Another amazing episode.

Gary freaking out on the statue of liberty. Then the room of the guys watching Catherine's punch on the tablet. This show has grown into one of the best ensemble comedy casts i've seen in a while.

"Ugh that Finnishhhh Fart!"

addik

Holy shit, that was another amazing episode.

I hope we see more of Meloni next episode, he was hilarious; and I really thought the Finnish Ex-Prime Minister was just there for a cameo, but holy shit her awkwardness nearly sabotaged Selina's campaign.

huxley00

This show is good, too good....its so good, that I can't even watch it. I find it entirely depressing and kinda sickening at how close this hits home to the actual political life. I laugh, then I cry.

Meier

Haven't seen last night's yet but Gary talking about throwing cum at Jonah's door was so random and hilarious. I was wondering if they'd have some Clovis/Hooli crossover but their president was basically the same as the two warring tech heads in Silicon Valley anyway. :p

Empty

that timetable wasn't a timetable it was a poem

such a good episode. the finnish pm pinning selina into announcing the jobs was amazing.

BigAT

The former PM using the nightmarish assistant of Santa that terrorizes Finnish children to describe Jonah was fantastic.

Good episode. I thought it started off pretty slow but once Ray came in I was dying. This season is definitely my favourite and the show in general has just gotten better and better. Why don't more people talk about Veep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom