• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heads Up: Pokemon X & Y Game Freezing Glitch

SoulUnison

Banned
The first time I got to Lumiose City I had odd behavior where the music would keep cutting out and pausing itself. But it hasn't happened since that first time and I didn't end up with this freezing glitch.

Maybe this is what would have happened if I'd saved in the city while it was acting strangely?

Toxi

Banned
Has there been a bug this bad in any previous pokemon game?
Well...

Some_Things_Just_Should_Not_Be_by_spookydoom.png

No issues here so far for me. Played the game about 4 hours.

I have seen a few graphical glitches in AC when I'm near water but that's a handful in the 50 plus hours I've played.

Should I be worried or turn off my wifi?

Sandfox

This seems to be the game having a problem loading the game up in that specific area unless you do one of the various methods that seems to force the game to load.

If it's a widespread of a problem as we're seeing now, they'll definitely patch it, but it will be a while before they do, going off the time it took to patch Mario kart 7 or Skyward Sword.

The 3DS actually has an established patching system unlike the Wii and the 3DS at the time Mario Kart was out so I doubt it'll be that long.

zroid

Banned
thanks, I'll keep it in mind

as an aside: is it normal for the game to lose the internet connection if you hit the home button? always comes back with an error and I have to connect again

yeah that's normal I think. The game is being completely suspended, including all network connections and such.

NEO0MJ

So the glitch happens when you save or talk to NPC in the city, but inside buildings it should be OK to save or talk with NPC?

DoctorWhovian

Neo Member
I've been playing since Saturday but just now I entered pokemon amie and the pokemon have their back turned to me and nothing happens. I have to click home button to get out of it. I wan to bond with them but it won't let me. Today I've done a few trades with friends at school, so do they get mad at you fir trading their friends?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I've been playing since Saturday but just now I entered pokemon amie and the pokemon have their back turned to me and nothing happens. I have to click home button to get out of it. I wan to bond with them but it won't let me. Today I've done a few trades with friends at school, so do they get mad at you fir trading their friends?

Did you tap on them to get their attention? They start out with their backs turned sometimes.

Mr-Joker

Banned

That isn't a glitch, just touch them and they will turn round.

Neiteio

So I guess we should save outside of Lumiose City limits, just to be safe? I take it any of the neighboring routes are safe?

I suspect most people save in Pokémon Centers after healing up. I wonder if the Pokémon Centers in Lumiose are safe.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I guess we should save outside of Lumiose City limits, just to be safe? I take it any of the neighboring routes are safe?

I suspect most people save in Pokémon Centers after healing up. I wonder if the Pokémon Centers in Lumiose are safe.
I saved in the PR Video Studio during my first (and only) visit to the city, and exited the game. I didn't experience any problems when loading the game afterwards, but maybe I got lucky. Anyway, I'm not gonna risk it again, and won't save anywhere inside the city.

You can save indoors.

Conezays

I'm just about to enter Lumiose city. To confirm, I can save indoors but can't when outside? Perhaps safest to just save outside the city. Still seems utter bs to have any sort of issue in the largest town in the game. Kind of surprised.

Top Bottom