• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Health.com - Fattiest foods in the US by state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugbot

Himuro said:
As a native Texan I can tell you that corn dogs are NOT the most fatty food you can find here. WHAT ABOUT THE BBQ wtf
Man you don't even need to get into other types of food when we have the same batter a corndog uses put on ice cream sandwiches, balls of butter, and whatever else they're doing at the state fair. But yeah a million things around here fattier than a corn dog.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Wellington said:
Exactly.

I thought for sure it'd be something like a cheesecake from Juniors.

if they're trying to be iconic, get a sandwich from katz's or something jeez

Ferrio

Banned
grumble said:
How can people say 'yum' to any of this?

Seriously? There's a lot of food listed there that's pretty normal and tasty food. Of course there's some few crazy things (again eskimo ice cream).

How could you say no to empanadas?

2qixpbs.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
B Miggs said:
I lived in New York City for 4 years and I've had a house in Upstate New York for 18 years and I have never seen the Garbage Plate. I thought I had the state covered, but I guess not.
First I've heard of it was freshman year at RIT. It's pretty terrible.

This list really fails since a lot of those foods aren't even definitive/exclusive to their state. Double down for Kentucky? Because KFC has Kentucky in its name? Stupid. I'd allow that if and only if they tried at least 5-10 double downs in every single state.

Medalion

Banned
SOME of the things in that list look edible, maybe the serving is crazy but the recipe in itself is not THAT bad on some of the latter ones.

Ferrio said:
Seriously? There's a lot of food listed there that's pretty normal and tasty food. Of course there's some few crazy things (again eskimo ice cream).

How could you say no to empanadas?

2qixpbs.jpg

Seriously. You just can't say no.

Also, got to love those Rutgers 'fat' sandwiches.

Korey said:
Umm In-N-Out seems really tame by comparison...it's just a regular burger.
Yeah, there's tons of worse stuff out here in California, let alone So Cal. Tommy's comes to mind, chili!!!

tommys-chili-burger.jpg

Or maybe super fries from Albertos.

albertos.jpg

Soooo good.

Hey! Even though its mostly hog anus and sawdust, it still tastes good. Especially with some pancake syrup on it. OM NOM NOM!

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
I scroll through that list expecting something epic from Texas (I know of some crazy plates restaurant's server around here) and the best they can come up with is a corndog? What the fuck? One of the few things Texas can be proud of is its food and they assign us some limp shit like that. Fuck that list.

Boonoo

Spire said:
I scroll through that list expecting something epic from Texas (I know of some crazy plates restaurant's server around here) and the best they can come up with is a corndog? What the fuck? One of the few things Texas can be proud of is its food and they assign us some limp shit like that. Fuck that list.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Is Texas even known for corndogs? I've never specifically thought of them as something Texan.
They could have done something fun like beef ribs.
2701691892_761602a114.jpg

Eteric Rice

They're wrong about Louisiana me thinks.

Cracklin-4.jpg

This is cracklin. It's pretty much friend pig fat/skin with bits of meat on it (sometimes).

It's usually just the skin and fat.

Bleepey

As a representative of people outside of North America i feel compelled to ask what is wrong with you people?! Like this shit is insane, this stuff makes deep-fried Mars bars look like a fucking celerey stick.

Buttchin

B Miggs said:
I lived in New York City for 4 years and I've had a house in Upstate New York for 18 years and I have never seen the Garbage Plate. I thought I had the state covered, but I guess not.

people from NYC have a skewed idea what upstate is in general so where is this house in upstate if i may ask??

Plus garbage plates are tricky cause some looks awful but many places give you a bunch of options of what to put on it. So while i hate the "true garbage plate" cause i dont like many of the things on it i could make one that i would enjoy... though i only ate like 3 in my life.. all in college

Dresden

Bleepey said:
As a representative of people outside of North America i feel compelled to ask what is wrong with you people?! Like this shit is insane, this stuff makes deep-fried Mars bars look like a fucking celerey stick.
Whatever, at least we don't put mayo on our fries.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The first thing I did was ctrl+F to see if Garbage Plate was New York's. Glad to see that one is still on top.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Fat is so overblown. Calories and carbs are a better indication of weight gain than fat.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Borgnine said:
Also they should have gone with Fatburger for California. It says fat right in the name.
donkey show said:
Yeah, there's tons of worse stuff out here in California, let alone So Cal.
Again, I think my torta suggestion at the bottom of the OP would have sufficed nicely. ;)

-x.Red.x-

B Miggs said:
i know i was expecting
pizza
ny strip
steak
!!!
friendly local hot dogs at central park!
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom