• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone card packs getting more generous, especially with legendaries

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20852959/

• "Starting with the release of Hearthstone's next expansion (but applying to ALL Hearthstone card packs), every time you open a Legendary in a card pack, it will be a Legendary card from the same set that you don't already own."
  • "In addition, you will never open more copies of any card in a pack than you can use in a single deck—no more opening three or more of the same common, rare, or epic card in one pack! "
  • "Beginning with the release of the next expansion, you're also guaranteed to get a Legendary within your first 10 packs of a new set."
  • In the video version, the game's director also notes that more people are playing the game than ever, and that they're excited to unveil the next set, presumably not all too long from now.
There's also a sale for Un'goro cards, where they're the same price as normal, but you get free bonus packs:

Code:
7 packs		+2 packs  = 9 packs total
15 packs	+5 packs  = 20 packs total
40 packs	+12 packs = 52 packs total
60 packs*	+18 packs = 78 packs total

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I honestly thought the change would be something similiar to how Gwent does it (choose the fifth card in the pack).

But this is a good change, for sure. Too bad I can only say "too little, too late" for me.

georly

Would have preferred zero duplicates per pack (rather than limit 2) but otherwise these are incredible changes. Especially the benefit of not being afraid to craft legendaries anymore.

Guess i'll refrain from opening any more packs until next expansion? Or does the fix only apply to packs acquired after the fact?

Hektor

I stopped playing a while ago already, but this is definitely a good change.

One of the biggest advantages all these other f2p card games like Gwent, Faeria or Shardbound have is that they give you cards a lot quicker and/or make it easier to get the specific cards you want

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I stopped playing a while ago already, but this is definitely a good change.

One of the biggest advantages all these other f2p card games like Gwent, Faeria or Shardbound have is that they give you cards a lot quicker and/or make it easier to get the specific cards you want

The next expansion is also rolling out free singleplayer content that grants you more packs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The next expansion is also rolling out free singleplayer content that grants you more packs.
I thought they were done with SP campaigns?

Tagyhag

"In addition, you will never open more copies of any card in a pack than you can use in a single deck—no more opening three or more of the same common, rare, or epic card in one pack! "

That was actually a thing? Fuck that lol.

Anyways, good changes, not amazing, but good changes.

inky

Good changes. Guaranteed legendary within the first 10 packs is nice, but if they keep the trend of more legendaries per set up in the new expansion (especially ones like quests, which are 100% deck enablers) people are still going to be playing catch up, even with the $50 pre-order pack, which would only guarantee 2 out of like 25+.

But like I said, good changes.

I honestly thought the change would be something similiar to how Gwent does it (choose the fifth card in the pack).

But this is a good change, for sure. Too bad I can only say "too little, too late" for me.

Same here, the only way I see myself playing Hearthstone again is if they have some Overwatch tie-in. The last expansion pushed me out the door.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'll carry on playing for a while longer because of this, but I do feel myself drawn to GWENT a lot more often.

I spent a little money to make a deck I wanted (including a few premium cards), and it was far, far less than I had to spend to make a single deck in HS.

Still enjoy the game, but the difference between the two is pretty staggering.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Yep.

This is not enough to make up for getting rid of adventure expansions and the price hike on packs. Hearthstone is too expensive to keep up with.
Yeah, to me, this still seems like Blizzard tinkering on the margins and doesn't make Hearthstone a game I'll get back into or spend money on. Too bad.

Hybris

Wow that's insane! Opening a full set from packs is gonna be a lot easier now.

Edit: Nvm misread the duplicates part. Thought it applied across all packs not just in a single pack.

Top Bottom