• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Had a Warlock quest so I found a Giants deck and won quite a few games with it. Opponents can't deal with Naga+giant on T5.

EDIT: win 5 brawls? Noooo

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This sounds like the first rules change since the deathrattle change that actually makes sense, was carefully considered, and won't be reverted in a hotfix in a week. The stuff with secrets triggering off a dead mad scientist was one of my major complaints with the game's rules. This fixes those.

This won't fix all the confusion. People will still spread misinformation about when battlecries trigger, but this is a good step. It is useful that they are being more vocal about the difference between "whenever" and "after". That may help.

wiibomb

This won't fix all the confusion. People will still spread misinformation about when battlecries trigger, but this is a good step. It is useful that they are being more vocal about the difference between "whenever" and "after". That may help.

it's not like there is an official DA RULES book to check every single little detail in the game. This is actually a problem for HS, because on the surface it looks like such a simple game to play, but learning the details of each mechanic is much more difficult

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
it's not like there is an official DA RULES book to check every single little detail in the game. This is actually a problem for HS, because on the surface it looks like such a simple game to play, but learning the details of each mechanic is much more difficult

Right? Predicting how interactions will work without experimenting is super difficult in hearthstone.

Lumine

Haha wow, they're finally going to fix the Mad Scientist into Mirror Entity nonsense where the secret would activate right away if you killed the scientist with another minion's battlecry. I mean that's great, just a little late.

What's wrong with Giants Hunter compared to Giant decks in other classes? I don't think I've really seen what they're capable of despite going against a few of them.

That's understandable, but I guess I just feel like it's still a very good deck to climb with. I was one win from legend with it last month. I haven't played it much this month because I'm mostly playing Wild.
Giant Hunter is really consistent because of Tracking and Stitched Tracker. I've fought a good dozen, and they ALWAYS have Bags and two giants minimum on curve. Best I saw was 5 giants on turn five. Also, if Bags Siren survives a turn you have five mana Call of the Wild.

Giant Hunter is really consistent because of Tracking and Stitched Tracker. I've fought a good dozen, and they ALWAYS have Bags and two giants minimum on curve. Best I saw was 5 giants on turn five. Also, if Bags Siren survives a turn you have five mana Call of the Wild.

Ahh right on. Yeah I've seen that. I guess I've just been lucky since I manage to always have equality/pyro in hand.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Naga Giants Hunter is maybe the best Giants deck these days.

Although the Druid one that runs the Druid quest and 2x UI is pretty good too, I think the Hunter ones end up slightly better because they can pressure normally without the Giants most of the time. It's a lot less braindead than you might think at first blush.

Dahbomb

No more buttsecks surprise
giphy.webp

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Haha wow, they're finally going to fix the Mad Scientist into Mirror Entity nonsense where the secret would activate right away if you killed the scientist with another minion's battlecry. I mean that's great, just a little late.

The even more common scenario is using a spell to kill mad scientist which immediately procs cat trick.

What the hell is a Bags?

Also those mechanics changes are too long for my casual pleb brain. Someone translate it.

/s

Gonna assume is was auto correct for Naga.

Why hasn't Quest Druid taken off? I've played it several times since the expansion released and it always did really well. I suppose Jade does the same shit but better? I dunno. I ALMOST want to craft it, but I'm in save mode now.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna assume is was auto correct for Naga.

Why hasn't Quest Druid taken off? I've played it several times since the expansion released and it always did really well. I suppose Jade does the same shit but better? I dunno. I ALMOST want to craft it, but I'm in save mode now.

DO NOT CRAFT THAT QUEST. The only viable deck for that I can recall is the Naga Giants one in Wild, and even that one isn't as good as the Hunter version.

In Standard, it is missing LOTS of tools to be effective. And even then they just took Innervate away. Druid is in a rough place because of how ridiculously easy to play Jade is.

DO NOT CRAFT THAT QUEST. The only viable deck for that I can recall is the Naga Giants one in Wild, and even that one isn't as good as the Hunter version.

In Standard, it is missing LOTS of tools to be effective. And even then they just took Innervate away. Druid is in a rough place because of how ridiculously easy to play Jade is.

Lol I'm probably not gonna craft it. As I said I only played it a few times on a friends account and I had excellent draws. It's a very small sample size, but it just felt so powerful because I had the quick ramp up and I got the quest done very quick as well. Then UI and the game was over because I had a bunch of huge 0 mana cards in my hand.

I say craft whatever you want. Doesn't have to be competitive. Experimenting is half the fun too. I crafted professor putrecide, thinking he was pretty meh and he probably is. No regrets :)

I say craft whatever you want. Doesn't have to be competitive. Experimenting is half the fun too. I crafted professor putrecide, thinking he was pretty meh and he probably is. No regrets :)
Oh I generally do. I'm usually one of the folks encouraging others to craft something even if they're worried about it rotating out. If you can enjoy something for at least 2 months, then it's well worth crafting. I did Justicar near the end of last year and I did Finja this year and have no regrets about either.
... Well I also play wild, but I wouldn't have any regrets regardless lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I still forget to attack with Patches after playing a pirate... smh

manhack

I still forget to attack with Patches after playing a pirate... smh

The best thing patches has done is forced me to not go for end turn as fast as possible. End Turn only benefits the opponent. So many missed opportunities by trying to hit that button for no gain.

Beckx

he probably is but man the card is fun.

i think goofing around with homebrew decks Hearthstone is best Hearthstone

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The best thing patches has done is forced me to not go for end turn as fast as possible. End Turn only benefits the opponent. So many missed opportunities by trying to hit that button for no gain.

I usually play Hearthstone while checking mails and stuff so i dont pay much attention and i always end my turn fast. =/

HCT Summer about to start in a bit here https://go.twitch.tv/playhearthstone
Im obviously rooting for the Argentino player Nalguidan :3

greepoman

Probably been discussed to death but my biggest gripes at the moment are:

-Patches in conjunction with a keleseth deck...already OP card can now regularly seen as 3/3 or higher? The hell is blizzard smoking?

-Priest...for some reason feels worse to play against than other "combo decks". It's like I finally get the been brode "not fun or interactive" quote.

And that's the thing the gets me the most... blizzard can come out and make logical statements about why something needs to be nerfed but then they continually print cards that do exactly the things they said they want to avoid.

Anyways even with that I'd say the meta isn't as bad as druidstone so that's progress.

sh1fty

Last night I used HearthPwn to find someone with an 80g quest that wanted to trade quests.... Dude pulls out the Aggro Rogue and Jade Druid while I'm just trying to chill and play some fun control decks...

There's no way I could play this game more than I currently do (completely daily in morning while checking news / drinking coffee).. I would blow my brains out.

Probably been discussed to death but my biggest gripes at the moment are:

-Patches in conjunction with a keleseth deck...already OP card can now regularly seen as 3/3 or higher? The hell is blizzard smoking?

-Priest...for some reason feels worse to play against than other "combo decks". It's like I finally get the been brode "not fun or interactive" quote.

And that's the thing the gets me the most... blizzard can come out and make logical statements about why something needs to be nerfed but then they continually print cards that do exactly the things they said they want to avoid.

Anyways even with that I'd say the meta isn't as bad as druidstone so that's progress.
Freeze Mage doesn't feel as bad as Priest because there are strong counters you can include if you want to. Your own decision-making also matters a lot more.

ultron87

It isn't the most powerful interaction, but Dopplegangster + Evolve gets my goat the most right now. It kind of exemplifies the things that annoy me about HS I think? It's randomly amazing or bad, and it is a combo that you can't interact with at all when played in the same turn, which is trivial to do.

Pooya

now look at this game, so competitive. so exciting herp derp. purple already lost.

edit: okay this guy's draws sucked after. how you can draw this badly ;b

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It's really really funny that keleseth went from being a meme terrible card BOTH pre and post release to one of the most hated cards.

I get why people hate it, high roll cards really suck. But still funny.

Patches is OP but at least consistency is built into the design.

Fersis

It's really really funny that keleseth went from being a meme terrible card BOTH pre and post release to one of the most hated cards.

I get why people hate it, high roll cards really suck. But still funny.

Patches is OP but at least consistency is built into the design.

Not gonna lie, i bitched about the Princes when they were revealed. lol
Blizz got me good.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
now look at this game, so competitive. so exciting herp derp. purple already lost.

edit: okay this guy's draws sucked after. how you can draw this badly ;b

Maybe this is wrong, but I would have just hero power passed on uya's turn 4 instead of trading into the tar creeper. I'd figure the clock is on uya's side, and you can leave it as a 1/5 until you find a more valuable trade.

In this particular case, the cobalt scalebane buff would have basically substituted for the backstab, leaving the backstab available to kill the Shaku.

I don't know. Tar Creepers are interesting and difficult to know what's best. Probably wouldn't have changed the outcome in anycase. Vilespine Slayer is too damn good. Saving Bonemare for the battlecry might have been the other worthwhile gamble, but that valuation is like turning a 1% chance to a 2% chance.

Top Bottom