• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Pooya

I tried jade druid, got deleted by all the prince decks. I have no idea how people play that. It's not exactly a guaranteed win against priest either. I think it will die off again soon, it's fotw...

manhack

Jade Druid was always popular even when it was sub 50% win-rate. It has polarized match-ups against some control decks and mid-range decks and can still beat aggro decks from time to time.

Grief.exe

I like watching this series that Trump has with his F2P elemental mage deck. I haven't unpacked Jaina, so it's fun to watch a unique card being played.

Beckx

I like watching this series that Trump has with his F2P elemental mage deck. I haven't unpacked Jaina, so it's fun to watch a unique card being played.

It's been great, especially the Raza priest opponent yesterday who had decided to cut mind blast from his deck haha

wiibomb

It's been great, especially the Raza priest opponent yesterday who had decided to cut mind blast from his deck haha

I don't run mind blast. I actually think that card isn't good at all without velen. and any 2 card combo should have a justification outside of just a combo in a raza deck, they are inconsistent being highlander

I don't run mind blast. I actually think that card isn't good at all without velen. and any 2 card combo should have a justification outside of just a combo in a raza deck, they are inconsistent being highlander
Not running Mind Blast is crazy talk having the Velen combo makes a ton of unfavourable matchups winnable.

Lots of decks can grind out Priest but few can outheal 30+ damage from hand.

wiibomb

Not running Mind Blast is crazy talk having the Velen combo makes a ton of unfavourable matchups winnable.

Lots of decks can grind out Priest but few can outheal 30+ damage from hand.

running zelae's list doesn't make me miss mind blast at all, the deck has a lot of value without it and the cards included have several synergies instead of just a 1 combo of burst damage that can potentially be a dead draw when the player is about to be killed

It was with Velen though. Dude swapped mind blast for Skulking Geist.

ok, that's a terrible replacement, in that case it's terrible

fertygo

Jade Druid probably still the best deck unfortunately

Zach from viscious syndicate said their winrate currently on the rise since list with more AoE buff getting popular

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I really should craft that bastard. I feel like it would probably catch quite a few people slippin.

N'Zoth is probably at his peak in standard this and next expansion. The pool for him to work with is the biggest it will get. Of course, he's a staple in Wild as well and unless they nerf Naxx cards and the old insane deathrattles he'll have permanent value there.

Made a new miracle rogue list. Haven't played this version a ton but it beat raza priest at least.

Code:
### Shadow Deaths
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (1) Hallucination
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Sap
# 1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
# 2x (3) Questing Adventurer
# 2x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Prince Valanar
# 2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
# 2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
# 2x (12) Arcane Giant
#
AAECAaIHBrIC7QWRvALCzgKA0wKe4gIMtAHNA5cGiAekB4YJgrQCkrYC9bsCgcICysMCm8gCAA==
#

Fewr

Oh man, the blizzard gear for the Blizzcon looks great!

I might get the diablo t-shirt, and I haven't decided whether to get the genji, the overwatch or the Hearthstone hoodie/jacket (the mammoth in front looks good, but the massive logo on the back looks tacky).

The HS poster with the mage is a definite buy.

VoxPop

Oh boy. Just got back into the game after a long hiatus. Whisper of Old Gods was my last expansion. Have some serious catching up to do. They hooked me up with around 6k dust though so I was able to make myself a Handbuff Paladin deck. This thing is op af. Can't wait to make some scratch so I can buy a bunch of Ungoro/Mean Streets cards. Is it worth getting the Kazaran (?) adventure? I feel like a lot of their cards are unused in the current meta.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
In Jade Druid vs. Priest, the Priest has to deal with Jades up to 5/5 with basic removal and Dragonfire Potion. At 6/6 and beyond, he has only three tools: DK, SWD, and Lightbomb. Getting to 10/10 is the norm. He NEEDS to save the DK for a Jade wipe unless the OTK combo is in his hand. Otherwise he can't deal with the Power Jades. Jade Druid gets three explosive turns when played right against Priest:
Falstagg + Idol + Nourish when your deck is low into hopefully another Idol or two.

Brann + Jade.

Double Jade or Aya.

Those are the big three moments the Priest has to handle successfully. The third one is your win condition if the Priest had normal draws. Blowing Anduin without the combo means you might not survive the second burst, and you are helpless against the third.

It's nice to have answers to stuff, but answers don't win you games when you are facing an infinite supply of jade idols. I don't see anyway to win but weaving in as many hero powers to face as possible as soon as possible. There's no time to play the stall game and wait for the Raza topdeck.

You can't really ignore simply drawing a bunch of cards, and playing naked jade cards as a power turn after power turn after power turn, even without combo.

fertygo

Oh boy. Just got back into the game after a long hiatus. Whisper of Old Gods was my last expansion. Have some serious catching up to do. They hooked me up with around 6k dust though so I was able to make myself a Handbuff Paladin deck. This thing is op af. Can't wait to make some scratch so I can buy a bunch of Ungoro/Mean Streets cards. Is it worth getting the Kazaran (?) adventure? I feel like a lot of their cards are unused in the current meta.

you really need karazhan if you want play shaman class that had access to most budget friendly competitive deck, Curator/Medivh also enable some deck building easeness

greepoman

Wanted to learn arena better so I turn on Kripp...and he isn't even playing arena. Makes a comment about how arena is in a bad state at the moment. Anyone know what he's talking about?

ZeroX03

Banned
Got mad that an Exodia Mage had two Frost Novas, two Doomsayers and three Ice Blocks and managed to OTK me before they'd even drawn half their deck. I've never had a draw like that.

Then I get a Legendary in my next pack. Fuck it, that'll cheer me up. I want to not dust this Rotface. I like the card but see no place for it.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

Heropon

Finally opened my final Frozen Throne pack and got Valeera the Hollow. Can I do something interesting with her?

It's funny how I only opened princes and Dark Knights in packs. The filler class legendaries where nowhere to be found, thankfully.

The other DKs will have to be crafted, I'm returning to Un'Goro, the amount of good epics in that set makes me cry.

Finally opened my final Frozen Throne pack and got Valeera the Hollow. Can I do something interesting with her?

It's funny how I only opened princes and Dark Knights in packs. The filler class legendaries where nowhere to be found, thankfully.

The other DKs will have to be crafted, I'm returning to Un'Goro, the amount of good epics in that set makes me cry.

Valeera is really good in miracle rogue. Being able to play double Giants it vilespine is insane

Miletius

It's nice to have answers to stuff, but answers don't win you games when you are facing an infinite supply of jade idols. I don't see anyway to win but weaving in as many hero powers to face as possible as soon as possible. There's no time to play the stall game and wait for the Raza topdeck.

You can't really ignore simply drawing a bunch of cards, and playing naked jade cards as a power turn after power turn after power turn, even without combo.

Agreed. It largely depends on condition of the board and the cards in your hand but it is often advantageous to play Anduin early in the Jade Druid vs Razakus priest hand because you need to start chip damage. If the Druid is running armor gain you won't be able to burst him down so you need to be able to control the board while setting up for lethal.

Of course it depends on your handstate -- I mean, you'd never do that if you only had 2 or 3 cards in hand, but if you have a lot of resources (or ability to generate/cycle resources) then you need to take the out -- especially if you aren't running Geist. I ditched Geist when Jade Druid was on hiatus.

Honestly against jade though nothing makes the matchup easier than Tech-ing in Geist. This applies for both standard and wild. If you are facing a lot of druid, you should be running Geist. You can win without but you're just making it harder on yourself. It's even better now that there is that hybrid version running around with Mark of the Lotus -- you kill that, you kill idols, and you potentially kill Earthen Scales too.

Pooya

Infinite Kazakus in tavern brawl works well with mage. I don't if there is any fast way, I'm not how patches interact here, I think your deck keeps resetting to 10 cards. It might work.

edit: Actually you can make a prince deck that just ramps every turn lul.

wiibomb

well, considering this is another limited card brawl, I hope there is away to cheese out wins quickly.

apparently quest mage is busted, but I still have to see if it does wins quickly

I would appreciate if anyone knows a good quick deck for this one, right now I'm testing BIG EZ priest

rahji

just won in really dirty way as priest against rogue in arena: mind control the faceless shambler taunt to survive lethal with 1 hp and make him attack with his weapon in my taunt into leeroy from malchezar to finish him.

edit: and lost the next game because of a disconnect. I have the impression that I can never reconnect no matter what I do.

Infinite Kazakus in tavern brawl works well with mage. I don't if there is any fast way, I'm not how patches interact here, I think your deck keeps resetting to 10 cards. It might work.

edit: Actually you can make a prince deck that just ramps every turn lul.

why would prince work? having any 2 drop makes it not work

and patches won't work since it discovers a copy of the card instead of drawing, until you actually draw. No deck resetting you just don't draw on your turn.

edit:
Not until you draw, I meant until the card is put into play automatically from your deck

Pooya

actually never mind, it gives you a 1 cost spell everytime you draw so just play flamewaker. meh zzz

you're right prince doesn't work. Patches works I just tried with gang up. You can just keep getting patches and gang up.

Patches and gang up worked fine. Even got an evolve off swash. Discovered a patches the turn I pulled them all in to keep it going if I wanted. Sword oil + evisc helped close out the game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Priest can go infinite with Inner Fire, Power Word Shield, Radiant Elemental, Gilbin Stalker (or anything else stealth really), Shadow Visions, and then a bunch of other cheap spells and cycling (patches for thinning, loot horders, etc). Or put in Raza and Shadow Anduin for the guarantee if somehow you don't win earlier.

Also run a Silence to handle the freezes from people trying to Exodia Mage you.

Continuing to iterate on valeera/miracle rogue. I've been trying out lich king recently. I had this hilariously strong outcome off army of the dead when I got auctioneer, a giant, si7 agent, and edwin off it. I also had a radiant elemental on board, so I was more than ready to go ham with drawing cards off auctioneer.

The priest then tried to burn me down, probably having some OTK pieces already. And Valeera stopped that plan. They tried to clear my board then but it wasn't enough.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/SaF59x4NAoTSKPryBgDiVQ

IF the Blizzcon card is a card from the new set, the only way I can see that working is that it's the golden version of the 'free' card - analagous to a golden C'Thun.

I would still guess a separate promo card, though. Something to do with that new animated short stuff they are doing.

Pooya

quest mage works everytime on turn 7-8 I think. I don't know if that's fast enough. It's very hard to play though if you want to grind, you have chances to chain quests turns earlier but it's hard to spot it.

this is what I have.

### Brawl Deck
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Open the Waygate
# 1x (2) Frostbolt
# 1x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 1x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 1x (3) Frost Nova
# 1x (3) Ice Block
# 1x (3) Simulacrum
# 1x (4) Molten Reflection
# 1x (7) Archmage Antonidas
#
AAEBAY0WCsABqwTLBOYElgW4CNDBApjEAtrFArnRAgAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I don't know about glyph actually, seems unnecessary, maybe novice is better but it's spell so. Frost nova depends on the meta, it's often worthless and simulacrum, I don't think you need that either but I don't know what to play instead.

Top Bottom