• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirimar

Man, that feeling when a deck is just firing on all cylinders. I had a win 5 daily for mage on my F2P EU account. Went 7-0 before stopping and ranked like 4 times, haha. Pretty much done for the day..more hearthstone than I normally play. Here's the deck with mish mashed cards. When it works, it works well. I have no chuggas...and still thinking of squeezing in another water elemental...ah well. Last 2 cards are Sylvanas and Flame Strike

Levi

Banned
Had a brief moment of excitement when I heard "Golden" after clicking on the card that was glowing orange. It didn't last.

x2IOAWF.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Had a brief moment of excitement when I heard "Golden" after clicking on the card that was glowing orange. It didn't last.

You should never, ever feel sad about a Golden legendary.

Ever.

You should never, ever feel sad about a Golden legendary.

Ever.

I have a golden Hemit Nesingwary. I know it's terrible I should use it sometime just to mess with people.

Shame he didn't get a buff or something when he kills a Beast so he wasn't so easy to kill. Or better yet, have his BattleCry be;

Destroy a Beast or gain Stealth.

Then maybe people might even consider using him at least once for kicks.

Rapstah

Here's a fake Warlock card for once since I think the joke of making slightly too good Hunter cards is running dry:

8609c3a4.png

I know it's another midrange Warlock card with a crippling drawback (and we already have like six of those), but I couldn't resist thinking about the drawback of revealing to your opponent how many Dragon cards currently are in your hand. Is that even a drawback?

Ashodin

Here's a fake Warlock card for once since I think the joke of making slightly too good Hunter cards is running dry:

8609c3a4.png

I know it's another midrange Warlock card with a crippling drawback (and we already have like six of those), but I couldn't resist thinking about the drawback of revealing to your opponent how many Dragon cards currently are in your hand. Is that even a drawback?
Now this is actually really cool.

Dahbomb

8609c3a4.png

Cool concept but it's too weak at 5 cost. You would need at least 2 Dragons to make this have par stats, 3 dragons to make it "good" and at 4 dragons you are in BGH range.

I would make it 4 cost.

Rapstah

Cool concept but it's too weak at 5 cost. You would need at least 2 Dragons to make this have par stats, 3 dragons to make it "good" and at 4 dragons you are in BGH range.

I would make it 4 cost.

You're right. It's impossible to control when it goes up in stats, but probably mostly unavoidable to have it go down in stats unless you like having a lot of Faerie Dragons in your hand and never playing them.

I'd say it gets +2/+2 instead so you only need one dragon for standard stats.

Special C

Mine is based off a WoW loot drop in UBRS. I was conflicted on the Mana cost, maybe it should cost more? Sorry for the cop-out on the art, I tried to use the Wow model but it was way too ugly.

Rapstah

Mine is based off a WoW loot drop in UBRS. I was conflicted on the Mana cost, maybe it should cost more? Sorry for the cop-out on the art, I tried to use the Wow model but it was way too ugly.

Maybe getting the armour should also deplete a charge of the weapon? There's very little reason to ever use it as is.

Also, just because Blizzard is yet to venture into the world of minions with random stats doesn't mean I have to wait:

c28825d2.png

It's blurry because it's so unstable.

Desaan

Still seeing bots on ladder, easy to spot if you know what to look for. Seems some of them repeatedly highlight their own minions on the board the entire game in the same pattern, they do it with their own cards too, cycling the same pattern over and over.

I just got screwed by Ysera two games in a row. The first was from a Warrior who pulled Ysera Awakens from the one turn it was out. On the next turn he plays Grommash and then Ysera Awakens to clear my board and smash my face in. The very next game, I play a Mage who pulls Ysera from Unstable Portal. The very first card that Ysera produces (again) is Ysera Awakens, so he clears my board and I just can't recover. At least I got lucky and the game after that I won because the other guy's Piloted Shredder dropped a Doomsayer that just wiped him out.

Joco

Time to see how far I can go in Arena with a Hunter deck that has Sneed's Old Shredder and King Krush. Should be interesting.

Danj

x2IOAWF.jpg

Wow, a bunch of those cards are awesome. Is that just a regular pack, or is there some sort of real-money-only pack that gives cards like that?

EDIT: also, I'm up to 105 gold now, should I buy a pack or should I carry on and try to get to 150 so I can go in the arena?

dk_

So I saved up 800 gold, but I'm planning to preorder the addon for the cardback. Once I bought it there is no need to hold on to my gold so I can just invest it in cards right now?

Levi

Banned
Wow, a bunch of those cards are awesome. Is that just a regular pack, or is there some sort of real-money-only pack that gives cards like that?

EDIT: also, I'm up to 105 gold now, should I buy a pack or should I carry on and try to get to 150 so I can go in the arena?

You have the same chance as getting a legendary or epic card regardless of whether it was a pack bought or earned.

My best pack ever (two legendaries, one of which was golden) came after an arena run I used gold to enter.

Izanagi

Neo Member
If anything the best packs come from the most dreadful arena runs

I wish that was true! Every single time I open a pack I earned in the Arena, I know I'll be up for some serious disappointment. :D

I might have some terrible luck, but I mostly get the same cards over and over. Even the rare ones. I got like 3 or 4 One-eyed Cheat already.

Danj

So it seems like 2 people are suggesting to go to the Arena, I guess I'll do that then. Just gotta win another 15 games first...

gutshot

So it seems like 2 people are suggesting to go to the Arena, I guess I'll do that then. Just gotta win another 15 games first...

I wouldn't. I think you should get better at the basics of the game first. Otherwise you are going to get 0 wins and will have just wasted 50 gold.

You'll need to start buying a lot of Classic packs anyway (since you can't get them from arena runs) so I would be spending your gold on that for now.

Haunted

So I saved up 800 gold, but I'm planning to preorder the addon for the cardback. Once I bought it there is no need to hold on to my gold so I can just invest it in cards right now?
If you buy Blackrock with real money you don't need to spend any in-game gold.

4x Arena and 2 packs gogogogo

FeD.nL

Depends on what cards you are after, though it does remain luck, packs from arena are always GvG. So you need to spent 100 on vanilla packs if you want cards from them.

Edit: already mentioned.

Sblargh

Banned
How to make decks with classes you don't own many cards and have to do the daily.

Type "mech" on the search box. Fill the gap with some class cards, whatever.

Danj

I wouldn't. I think you should get better at the basics of the game first. Otherwise you are going to get 0 wins and will have just wasted 50 gold.

You'll need to start buying a lot of Classic packs anyway (since you can't get them from arena runs) so I would be spending your gold on that for now.

Depends on what cards you are after, though it does remain luck, packs from arena are always GvG. So you need to spent 100 on vanilla packs if you want cards from them.

Edit: already mentioned.

Really? But I thought the GvG cards are where all the mech stuff comes from, and mechs seem better than most of the regular stuff?

EDIT: I'm definitely playing this wrong somehow, how else could I get into situations like this?

This deck doesn't have enough ways for me to defend myself from damage.

EDIT 2: decided to follow advice and buy a classic pack. What do you know, I did get one good card out of it:

184px-Mind_Control_Tech%28368%29.png

Recently I've been playing a few games of hearthstone and it bothers me that some people take too much time to play using most of the turn time to play and even at 0 mana they don't end turn it's annoying and it makes the game boring.

Danj

Woah, I just got to 100 wins total (any mode) and it gave me 300 gold? Are there any other rewards like that? I guess I should buy 3 classic packs with that?

Sblargh

Banned
For some reason, the 3rd arena win is the one that makes me the happiest. I think it's that "phew, I'm average" feeling.

From my experience, Epics and Legendaries rarely come instead of a rare.
Almost every time i get an Epic\Legendary,the pack has a rare as well.

Recently I've been playing a few games of hearthstone and it bothers me that some people take too much time to play using most of the turn time to play and even at 0 mana they don't end turn it's annoying and it makes the game boring.

I played against someone like that a few days ago, then unstable portal gave me that buddy:
Nozdormu%28285%29.png

I dropped it on gen 6,and the poor guy could barely make any move,until I defeated him.

Hope we get more card reveals this coming week. Should get another six-seven hopefully.

Does anyone know when we can pre-order? I think I missed that when checking out stuff.

dralla

I got my second legendary! Not a gold one this time, but I can't complain. I'll probably break it down, it's too situational. Would be a great early play, but if you get it mid-late game it could really backfire

dXDaY4l.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom