• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heath Ledger talks Joker

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very short but it's better than nothing!

Heath is making the rounds up at The Toronto Film Festival and he's talking about the Joker!

He tells the Toronto Sun:

"It's definitely going to stump people. I think it'll be more along the lines of how the Joker was meant to be in the comics, darker and more sinister."

The Toronto Star's Peter Howell talked frankly with him as well:

How about playing the Joker in The Dark Knight? I have to admit, I would never have thought of you for the role.

"I wouldn't have thought of me, either. But it's obviously not going to be what Jack Nicholson did. It's going to be more nuanced and dark and more along the lines of a Clockwork Orange kind of feel. Which is, I think, what the comic book was after: less about his laugh and more about his eyes."

It seems like Heath Ledger and Chris Nolan have had some long talks about where they want to take the Joker. I think true blue Batman fans are deciding whether to touch themselves inappropriately right about now.

http://www2.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=937

Cheebs

Teh Hamburglar said:
Only bad thing about Batman Begins is that its an origin story. And Katie Holmes.
Katie Holmes is back with apparently a bigger role you know, right? She is doing physical training for the movie including kick boxing. Implying she will fight in it.

Cheebs said:
Katie Holmes is back with apparently a bigger role you know, right? She is doing physical training for the movie including kick boxing. Implying she will fight in it.

Sadness total. :(

AniHawk

Cheebs said:

Maybe at the end she becomes the new Batman.

AniHawk

Teh Hamburglar said:
I think she tries to fight the Joker and she gets beaten to death with a pipe ala Jason Todd.

Please, Lord. Let me have this.

But that means she comes back in the third movie as Red Hood.

AniHawk said:
Maybe at the end she becomes the new Batman.

After Batman takes it up the ass from the Joker, he is shamed and passes the suit to her.

Damn Katie and her increased screen time. DAMN YOU XENU!

Hopefully Crane comes back and drags her into an alley with a potato sack on her head!

suaveric

Cheebs said:

What? Are sure she's not just doing that training to get her back in to pre-baby shape? I realize that for the story it makes sense that she'd be back in the next movie, but I'm not sure if I could handle it if she's doing her own butt kicking.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
In an unusual twist of events, Katie Holmes becomes the Joker and Heath Ledger becomes Batman's girlfriend.

Cheebs

Solo

Well, regardless if she was below the other actors in Begins, it doesn't make sense to just drop her completely as if she never was there. Perhaps the Joker kills her off.

Cheebs

Solo said:
Well, regardless if she was below the other actors in Begins, it doesn't make sense to just drop her completely as if she never was there. Perhaps the Joker kills her off.
I am pretty sure she is signed on for 3 films along with Bale, Oldman, and Caine.

Cheebs

Kabuki Waq said:
Joker Killing her off would be awesome. In the first 10 minutes too!
I don't have the link to it offhand but one of the reports that had the training for The Dark Knight states her role will BIGGER than in Batman Begins.

And as I said she is signed on for all 3. They ain't killing her off in the second. Expect a bigger more "kick butt" role for her in TDK.

AniHawk

Cheebs said:
I am pretty sure she is signed on for 3 films along with Bale, Oldman, and Caine.

No way. Joker has to kill her off. That's reason for Batman to almost lose it. Escalation and all that.

Cheebs said:

I think they are CONTRACTED to do 3 films. It doesnt necessarily mean they will and must appear in 3 films.

AniHawk

Teh Hamburglar said:
I think they are CONTRACTED to do 3 films. It doesnt necessarily mean they will and must appear in 3 films.

Maybe she'll appear in a dream sequence like that amazingly well-thought out scene from Spider-Man 2.

Solo

Tom Cruise should have been The Joker :( He does sadistic very well.

AniHawk said:
Maybe she'll appear in a dream sequence like that amazingly well-thought out scene from Spider-Man 2.

...and the upcoming 3.

Cheebs

The thing is though you guys want her dead because you didn't like her in Begins. Its pretty obvious Chris Nolan is not at all phased by the Holmes hate from Begins. If he was he wouldn't have her fight and give her a bigger role.

harleyweb.jpg

Forgotten_Taco said:
That could almost work...I guess.

It would explain Holmes' extra training. And hey, if anyone knows about living in a twisted submissive relationship with an insane man who has a crazy grin...:lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
AniHawk said:

eh? that scene was fine.

when people are lonely and missing someone, they can imagine a conversation/situation in their head with that person they miss. that's what he did

AniHawk

Mrs. Manky said:
It would explain Holmes' extra training. And hey, if anyone knows about living in a twisted submissive relationship with an insane man who has a crazy grin...:lol
:lol

omg rite said:
eh? that scene was fine.

when people are lonely and missing someone, they can imagine a conversation/situation in their head with that person they miss. that's what he did

He really isn't much of a hero without constant reassurance or powers, is he.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Cheebs said:

sigh6pf.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom