• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heath Ledger talks Joker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichirou

Banned
Heath Ledger hates comic books movies other than Batman Begins? **** him, the Spider-Man flicks were awesome, the first two X-Men movies were very good.

Everything else has been pretty shitty, though, admittedly. ****ing Sin City.

Shinobi

mamacint said:
She wasn't bad at all, but that was pre-Tom/Katie media cluster**** and his ****ing meltdown. It shouldn't matter but she'd be a complete distraction that the movie doesn't need at all.

Only a weak-minded fool let's outside shit distract them from enjoying a movie.

Of course if the person actually did something serious...like I don't know, rape a child or butcher someone to death, then I could see a legit reason to be distracted. But simply being a ****ing nut? Who gives a shit? Most of Hollywood is nutty as **** anyway.

Thai

Bane was better.
Coop said:
My problem with her character was Harvey Dent should have been the assistant DA instead of her. She was assistant to the DA right?

I thought pretty much the same thing. It'd be kinda cool if her characted became two-face though :lol :lol :lol

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Anyone else imagine the Entourage Comicon Episode when reading ledger say its a clockwork orange like version of joker?

That show has made me wise to these actors games :lol

jett

D-Member
Batman Begins = real film

Spider-man/X-men/the rest = comic-book films

I disagree with Ledger's opinion, though. That certainly won't make him popular among the nerdcore. He better ****ing NAIL IT as the Joker.

COCKLES

being watched
bjork said:
More Joker airtime = less Bale

it's a win/win

"Don't sit there looking at it... EAT IT!"

christian-bale04.jpg

terrene

Banned
Cheebs said:
Katie Holmes is back with apparently a bigger role you know, right? She is doing physical training for the movie including kick boxing. Implying she will fight in it.
Man, for some reason she really pissed me off in that movie. I just wanted to yell, "wipe that ****ing crooked-ass smirk off your face, or I WILL, BITCH!"

bjork

Sapiens said:
you hate bale, fine, no need to post it once a day though -

I don't post it once a day. Only whenever there's a wankfest to this movie.

And I don't dislike Bale per se, he just sucks as Wayne and as Batman.

Moreso at Batman's voice.

Anger angst! Grrr, Napster bad. Fear the knight. Cowardly lot. Seriously, I don't know how they let him get away with that voice. sigh, I don't want to say this, but even Keaton's Batman was voiced better.

Sonki.

Banned
Verboten said:

Anger angst! Grrr, Napster bad. Fear the knight. Cowardly lot. Seriously, I don't know how they let him get away with that voice. sigh, I don't want to say this, but even Keaton's Batman was voiced better.

You don't want to say it?

Verboten said:

Shoot! I'ill say it. I f'n love Batman Begins but I'ill give props when it's due and Keaton voice as Batman is pretty badass without being forceful, he already has that low rough voice.

Infact I thought Bale would have stuck to the voice he used when he first confronted Gordon in his office which had that low rough intimidating thing going on already.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Shoot! I'ill say it. I f'n love Batman Begins but I'ill give props when it's due and Keaton voice as Batman is pretty badass without being forceful, he already has that low rough voice.

Infact I thought Bale would have stuck to the voice he used when he first confronted Gordon in his office which had that low rough intimidating thing going on already.
I would have loved that. Batman's all about intimidation and fear. Alas, a convincing brooding voice akin to the one on the dini/timm series would have been too awesome for casual fans and the have to know that Batman is mean! Pyaw.

DMczaf

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/9-12-06_2

"When he explained to me the angle he wanted to take, I was like, 'Yeah, I could do that,'" Ledger says. "[Nolan's] going to make it a lot more sinister, and we've got a little plan for him, but it's exciting. Any opportunity to don a mask is always exciting to me."

[BATMAN (1989)] was dominated by Jack Nicholson's acclaimed performance as the psychotic villain, but Ledger isn't intimidated by his predecessor's turn.

"I love, love, love what Nicholson did," Ledger says. "[But] his performance was catering to the style of directing the movie was made under. It was a Tim Burton film. It wasn't Chris Nolan."

jett

D-Member
More batmovie news!

Nolan Speaks about Ledger and The Joker

"He's just exactly the kind of energy I needed for the character...Everything about the risks that that performer is willing to take are the things I need for somebody to take on that iconic figure. It's going to be a huge challenge for us to create it, and he's exactly the guy you want to be in the trenches with."

"To be frank, I hadn't really thought about doing the sequel while we were doing the first one, but we wanted to end the first one with a sense of possibility. And, frankly, the dynamic of that scene and the sense of possibility that we tried to leave the audience with at the end of Batman Begins just stuck with me. And I felt it as much as I hope the audience did. So we really just want to carry on that story and see where it goes."

Nolan also commented that due to his work on THE PRESTIGE, he hasn't been able to focus on casting. However, the word is floating around the the part of Harvey Dent has been, or is close to being cast, and an announcement is coming soon.

Chris Nolan :rock

Phillippe Talks Dent...Sort of

Phillippe at the FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS press junket and asked him about the Harvey Dent rumors. Phillippe stated that he didn't know where these rumors came from but was certainly open to the possibility of playing Dent. He also praised director Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale saying "they're putting together some great people for it [THE DARK KNIGHT]." "At this stage, there's nothing," said the actor.

foofryanphillepecrop_iesb.jpg

Going by that picture...I think Ryan Phillippe could very well indeed pull off Harvey. Now I'm interested in seeing Flags of our Fathers just to size up his current acting chops. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom